Gran Turismo 5 Commercial: Help Me Out!

Does a Gran Turismo 5 unofficial commercial sound like a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
i dont have anyting to capture it with :( sorry there

but its really good idea.. how long you think u can make it into?

if i could, i would record few doughnuts, burnouts, great overtakes.. braking parts... and last second overtake to get into a 1st place right at the finish line , now that would be a great way to end the commercial :)

Thank You Suzuki!!! I have received the emails containing the videos and archived them. I will be downloading them when I get my computer back.

I can now start making the commercial!!! My uncle has finally finished fixing my computer.(had to wipe the harddrive):guilty: Not a problem though. I have to reinstall AVG and do the Windows updates and I will be ready to start editing. I have recieved my first few videos to start with, (thanks Susuki!) but I'm still going to need more. I'm going to make this thing look good!!!! Even have a brand new video card to work with!

Thank You GTPlanet.net!!!

dont rush it and do some good quality stuff... did you ever did anything before? and if yes can we have a sample?

dont rush it and do some good quality stuff... did you ever did anything before? and if yes can we have a sample?
I did a year of TV production and before that had 2 years of messing with video and audio making it sound cool.

P.S. I want all videos I can get!!!! Drift racing, grip racing, and lone drifting/gripping!!!! I especially want lone and race gripping. Although some drifting is also wanted, we want it to look like a racing game, not just a drifting game.

P.S. AGAIN: I NEED A SONG!!!!!!!!(and don't say Fuel by Metallica) I want a good classic that goes with the game. I'm thinking this:

You Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

I just thought of something that would look great! A cockpit view of passing another car in mid-drift. Would make a great slo-mo in the beginning of the video.

I did a year of TV production and before that had 2 years of messing with video and audio making it sound cool.

P.S. I want all videos I can get!!!! Drift racing, grip racing, and lone drifting/gripping!!!! I especially want lone and race gripping. Although some drifting is also wanted, we want it to look like a racing game, not just a drifting game.

P.S. AGAIN: I NEED A SONG!!!!!!!!(and don't say Fuel by Metallica) I want a good classic that goes with the game. I'm thinking this:

You Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

I just thought of something that would look great! A cockpit view of passing another car in mid-drift. Would make a great slo-mo in the beginning of the video.

You mean like tandem drifting? Or what exactly? Cockpit view of a gripper passing a drifter or vice versa?

just curious, when you save a replay in Prologue it adds a file to your Save Game Data folder, if that's copied to a USB stick can it be played on a PC as if it were an actual video file, or is this simply calculations that the PS3's hardware is displaying when running inside the game?

I don't think it can be played on a PC .

I've tried it myself there are four files in the Save Data folder
2 are icons
Then what i assume is the replay and 2 other files a PARAM.PFD and a PARAM.SFO
I assume it's these 2 files that carry the instuctions .

tried playing it on PC and Get error msg saying something like . Error while building graph :confused:

Maybe some clever bod will come up with a replay converter before too long

How about the old F1 theme tune

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

Seconded. I already really liked this song because I'm a sucker for a killer bass line. But when I saw the old BBC F1 intro on Youtube it became one of my favorite songs.

TNT cool tune
Depends on the overall feel of the commercial your after tho.

how about Phantom of The Opera by Iron Maiden

sod the lyrics just another rockin tune :)

how about Phantom of The Opera by Iron Maiden

Aye, that's a pretty good track! In the contexts of "backing" music for a video, the minute beginning 3:23 is probably most suitable (in my opinion :sly:) as it has a nice build-up, and no "dodgy" lyrics...

Of course, if only that minute were to be used, there's still room for other tracks; although I respect that might create a disjointed feel and then puts pressure on decent sound mixing/editing and composition/production skills...!

That Rammstein track is also rather good, certainly dramatic enough, though again the lyrics are a bit duff... "With this heart I have the power to blackmail your eyelids" :rolleyes:

My suggestion: Travelling Without Moving by Jamiroquai

That's a 'live' version, which in my opinion is among the best renditions of the tune, but the album version (same title) might be better for the video (it's a bit less "jazzy," and features a Lamborghini Diablo accelerating through the gears at the beginning.) This song is in the spirit of GT, since it was inspired by driving exotic cars in a barely-legal manner...
Another one from Jay-Kay and the crew: Black Devil Car off Dynamite, about his Black Enzo. What's more, both albums were published by Sony and Jamiroquai is still bound in a contract with them. 👍

Good call on the Jay-Kay tracks

Not sure it really fits but you gotta admit it's Awsome

And theres no lyrics

Will you accept *.wmv videos? I've got a few replays I was planning to rip for personal reasons this weekend. I'll gladly provide them here as well. Problem is, I'm a novice when it comes to encoding anything good, basically because Windows Movie Maker is my only source of exporting the final product (Usually have to strip a few seconds from whatever I ripped, then export to file). I typically rip with Windows Media Encoder (via S-Video), 60fps at 320x240. If I increase the resolution, frame rate drops to standard 29.97fps. Basically, both of my programs are rubbish, but it'd be better than a video camera pointed at the TV.

Any suggestions on what programs are out there (preferably free) so that I might be able to produce a better quality video for this purpose? If not, I'll proceed with what I've got available.

Just FYI: my replays consist of grip racing.

Z
Will you accept *.wmv videos? I've got a few replays I was planning to rip for personal reasons this weekend. I'll gladly provide them here as well. Problem is, I'm a novice when it comes to encoding anything good, basically because Windows Movie Maker is my only source of exporting the final product (Usually have to strip a few seconds from whatever I ripped, then export to file). I typically rip with Windows Media Encoder (via S-Video), 60fps at 320x240. If I increase the resolution, frame rate drops to standard 29.97fps. Basically, both of my programs are rubbish, but it'd be better than a video camera pointed at the TV.

Any suggestions on what programs are out there (preferably free) so that I might be able to produce a better quality video for this purpose? If not, I'll proceed with what I've got available.

Just FYI: my replays consist of grip racing.
I'm using Windows Movie Maker so .wmv should work.

Thank you very much!👍

I'll add your name to the list as soon as I get the vids.

Apologies for uploading to Rapidshare.. think there's a limit on how much you can download. The files aren't big, though, so you may get them all.

After watching these, I really think I need to invest in a wheel (watch the cockpit view in file 1, lol)

#1: http://rapidshare.com/files/92441784/GT5P_Ferrari_Event.wmv.html (~32MB)
#2: http://rapidshare.com/files/92444416/GT5P_Z_Daytona.wmv.html (~19MB)
#3: http://rapidshare.com/files/92445591/GTHD_EVO_IX_Eiger.wmv.html (~11MB)
#4: http://rapidshare.com/files/92446654/GTHD_Lotus_111R_Eiger.wmv.html (~10MB)

P.S. If you want any other views from these videos, let me know and I'll rip them again. It's a small task.

Jose Amnesia - Eternal (Pulser Remix)

there are few versions of this song.

Sunset - Ron van den Beuken

this one is one of my fav tracks.. lil long tho..

As the Rush Comes

chill out version of As The Rush Comes

this is the original version

this one is the best one

Latest Posts

Back