Gran Turismo 5 Customization?

• Thread starter lilmann73
  • 901 comments

What could the customization refer to?

• Total voters
We have seen that. Maybe not ALL of the cars, but I'd say at least most of them will be able to have wings on them, even if we can't change the rims (which is weird and I'm holding my judgment out on it). With the Premium cars I'm betting we can do whatever we like to them, bar the race cars. I'd say body mods and wings and wheels for most all of them, maybe a few exceptions.

We have seen that. Maybe not ALL of the cars, but I'd say at least most of them will be able to have wings on them, even if we can't change the rims (which is weird and I'm holding my judgment out on it). With the Premium cars I'm betting we can do whatever we like to them, bar the race cars. I'd say body mods and wings and wheels for most all of them, maybe a few exceptions.

We saw wings on standard cars as well, proves nothing. We haven't seen anything showing more than wheels and front/rear spoilers on premiums. There's no reason for me to hope for anything with GT5 other than what I've seen.

Did we not already see a video of an Evo IX going to GT Auto, and it's utterly limited body modification options? It is one of the lucky dozen-and-a-half with a listed RM variant, though. But the section where we can pick wings seemed pretty empty.

I'd be surprised if Standards can get anything more than the Civic could get in the earlier video. Premiums might have a bit more, but I imagine at least half of them will have roughly what we saw in the Evo video; not a whole lot. Wheels I would hope are at least changeable on nearly every Premium (bar the F1's, or the WWII vehicles).

Wheel painting is cool, slightly sad it's literally the whole wheel and we lose polished lips, but I imagine it'll come in handy for drift machines. I'm also wondering: if tires are tied to the rims they're equipped on, if I equip Sport Tires on front and Race tires on back, can I have mismatched wheels? GT4 limited you to the same tire "class", but GT5 apparently doesn't...

Did we not already see a video of an Evo IX going to GT Auto, and it's utterly limited body modification options? It is one of the lucky dozen-and-a-half with a listed RM variant, though. But the section where we can pick wings seemed pretty empty.

I'd be surprised if Standards can get anything more than the Civic could get in the earlier video. Premiums might have a bit more, but I imagine at least half of them will have roughly what we saw in the Evo video; not a whole lot. Wheels I would hope are at least changeable on nearly every Premium (bar the F1's, or the WWII vehicles).

Wheel painting is cool, slightly sad it's literally the whole wheel and we lose polished lips, but I imagine it'll come in handy for drift machines. I'm also wondering: if tires are tied to the rims they're equipped on, if I equip Sport Tires on front and Race tires on back, can I have mismatched wheels? GT4 limited you to the same tire "class", but GT5 apparently doesn't...

Good rundown, in terms of what we will get with front rear sides back bodykits, I've been looking at the concept by GT cars in GT5p and the following cars I think are all examples of visually modified cars excluding Race Mod:

Skyline 370 tuned
Clio V6 tunes
Viper SRT10 tunes
Lance evo X tuned
Suzuki swift tuned

I judge these by checking if they can be Race modded looking at the official car list, aswell as no change to the interior.

The Clio and the Skyline are the ones that show a lot in terms of body options and I'm finding this new research very re-assuring, I have a feeling the Evo IX was so limited because it is a RM model anyway?

Also in terms of wheels, I really hope the selection isn't too small, I mean where were the BBS wheels.... and bloody hell I hope we can change the size of wheels... Concept by GT cars did show a change in wheel size but I was hoping for some manual options not just fitting the car with racing tires :S

I'm sure if this has been discussed before and resolved. But you know in GT Auto in the menu screen where you can choose wings, what are the other tabs for?? Other body parts???

Any on knows if you could tune the standard cars as much as the premium ones, and im not speaking about visual tuning because we allready knows thats impossible.

in the carlist have ca.16 cars the RM in the name

when only that cars have the race modification that was a very big disapointment

Could just mean that those cars with the RM designation are already Racing Models made by PD. I don't think racing modification only applies to a few premiums.

A lot of things we speculated on didn't turn out correct, but with the Capuccino we got it right :D

I'm guessing the base colour (white part) can be changed with your collected paints, but the decals will remain.
Plus your racing number
photo09a.jpg

The screen reads "Racing modification plan 01"
Are there more plans?

A few weeks back, I thought that some models might have more than 1 plan.
Or maybe different livery designs on the same body work

Same for aero parts, there might be more types that will unlock as the game progresses, or added via DLC/updates

A few weeks back, I thought that some models might have more than 1 plan.
Or maybe different livery designs on the same body work

Same for aero parts, there might be more types that will unlock as the game progresses, or added via DLC/updates

I believe it's different liveries.

Have to say im disappointed with the bodykits in the game. Most cars (premium only of course) can only receive a front lip and spoilers, i have only found 1 car that i could attatch side and rear skirts. And no cars i have seen have the option to replace the bumpers completely.

I'm guessing this is because of Kaz the perfectionist not wanting any silly looking cars because all the kits do look tasteful. But then again every car can receive a rear wing and most of those look ridiculous....

Have to say im disappointed with the bodykits in the game. Most cars (premium only of course) can only receive a front lip and spoilers, i have only found 1 car that i could attatch side and rear skirts. And no cars i have seen have the option to replace the bumpers completely.

I'm guessing this is because of Kaz the perfectionist not wanting any silly looking cars because all the kits do look tasteful. But then again every car can receive a rear wing and most of those look ridiculous....

Some of the cars with Race Modification options though, will have different body. It's like NFS Shift in that aspect, that when you bought everything on certain cars, it had an option to turn it into a "Works" Vehicle, which gave you a predefined body kit.

I guess i was hoping for a full range of licensed bodykits for any car that has them in real life.

Probably another years worth of development for that...:indiff: I would like that as well though. Body kits from true tuner companies, not just some random made up kit like you find in other games.

Has anyone done full exhaust upgrade on corvette stingray? You get these massive drainpipes that appear on the sides of your car. I was not expecting that. Cool attention to detail that only PD would give.

Before it gets closed. I like to ask a question. Does the option of rims change after days? I have a car(premium) and I bought some sweet rims for it. But I"m waiting for some days to pass by to see if there are going to be new ones to chose from. But nothing has changed. Same old rims to chose from. And not all cars have the same. Does each car have their own group???

Probably another years worth of development for that...:indiff: I would like that as well though. Body kits from true tuner companies, not just some random made up kit like you find in other games.

Even random made up kits from PD are better than the selection available now.
Hopefully PD add more kits for the Skylines/Silvias/RX-7's/Evo's etc. by DLC, although I'm not expecting it.

Last edited:
Before it gets closed. I like to ask a question. Does the option of rims change after days? I have a car(premium) and I bought some sweet rims for it. But I"m waiting for some days to pass by to see if there are going to be new ones to chose from. But nothing has changed. Same old rims to chose from. And not all cars have the same. Does each car have their own group???

I don't think they change. None have for any of my cars yet. It all depends what car you have, that will determine your choice. For some reason, the 69 Z28 has something like 19 wheel choices. Same wheels as my miata plus another 10 or so. One of my cars has a field of 28 or 29 I think, don;t remember which.

Back