Gran Turismo 5 Customization?

• Thread starter lilmann73
  • 901 comments

What could the customization refer to?

• Total voters
Re: That photo of the 'McLaren orange' R8

This is possibly the one I'm most excited about, I can't think of anyone other game that allows us to repaint cars in colours from other manufacturers, and if we can do this for all cars/colours, I really hope Estoril blue is included :D

Imagine a Enzo with a turbo and spoilers for more downforce, that would be when speed meets control. A Lamborghin Murcielago with twin turbos would also be awesome. :)

But see I really hoped for a single/twin turbo choice, which I'm not sure if we'll see.

Also, GTHD looks pretty cool. I know it has to be one of the final looks of the tuned/customized cars

Was still hoping for livery editors so I can add stripes and decals. Aw well, paint customization is fine with me when it comes to GT.

That was in GT4 so yea where good for that in GT5 👍

I hope they have the option for both our good old customizing, and the new 1-2-3 quick-magically-no-intelligence-needed Quick Tune in GT5:P and GT PSP. You know which one I'll be spending hours on.

I like the sound of all that! Visual upgrades have always been lacking in GT games so things like visual exhausts and body modifications are a huge improvement.

Something i just thought of is it would be awesome if we could fully customize the interiors/engine bay/boot and have the ability to open all the doors and zoom in and out when we are in the garage screen. Highly unlikely but would be cool........

I would not say it is highly unlikely In GT5P the Amuse 350z has Defi guage and the Defi unit i was shocked so see the unit because without the unit the gages will not work. That just shows me how serious PD is when it comes to detail.

acuFig03.jpg

car-amber.jpg

Another question. For example, if I was to buy a new exhaust, headers..etc, will the sound of the car change???

Yep, an exhaust will change the sound, in GT4 you had the choice of about 4 different exhausts for each car.

Yep, an exhaust will change the sound, in GT4 you had the choice of about 4 different exhausts for each car.

Yes sir! I am betting we get exhaust visual upgrade when we tune our cars In GT5. 👍

street, sport, and race
In GT5 it's really no different. You have the sport, semi racing and racing cat-back with the option to add headers to both where with GT4 the header was only shown in the picture for the race exhaust. The choice difference is actually lesser in GT5 than in GT4 from what we've been shown, but I didn't really understand the street/sports difference in GT4.

Yes sir! I am betting we get exhaust visual upgrade when we tune our cars In GT5. 👍

Wow, going out on the limb with that one seeing as GT5P and GTHD already showed different parts. Whether that will be the case with standard cars is another story.

street, sport, and race
In GT5 it's really no different. You have the sport, semi racing and racing cat-back with the option to add headers to both where with GT4 the header was only shown in the picture for the race exhaust. The choice difference is actually lesser in GT5 than in GT4 from what we've been shown, but I didn't really understand the street/sports difference in GT4.

Haven't played GT4 in quite a while so I guess there were only 3 ( although I seem to remember a semi-race option although that might be sport or my memory is screwed up ).

The spoiler yes, the wheels I'm not so sure about, but i doubt it. I think it was just a visual thing. The wing could add downforce to your car though.

Man, menus have never looked so good. I was pretty impressed by FM3's, but this is another level and a smart use of 1080p - having everything much more spread out and use of fonts rather than just big icons in the middle of the screen - although potentially limiting for those on SD.

I actually like seeing them all together like this though. Thanks. 👍

Agreed, the first time I didn't notice the carbon fiber hood. The one next to it says body colour so the carbon fiber one should look like it. I see a new black Challenger with one in the near future.

Man, menus have never looked so good. I was pretty impressed by FM3's, but this is another level and a smart use of 1080p - having everything much more spread out and use of fonts rather than just big icons in the middle of the screen - although potentially limiting for those on SD.

100% agree! I hope they kept the menus like this, Looks darn sexy.

Where it say's "owned 8" in the bottom right hand corner, would that be your number of owned cars? If so why would it tell you how many cars you have if your just tuning one?

Where it say's "owned 8" in the bottom right hand corner, would that be your number of owned cars? If so why would it tell you how many cars you have if your just tuning one?

Maybe it's how many parts that you have replaced. OEM parts maybe. or how many parts you own.

I love the fact that the cost of weight reduction is actually realistic.

Back