Gran Turismo 5 Customization?

• Thread starter lilmann73
  • 901 comments

What could the customization refer to?

• Total voters
I love the fact that the cost of weight reduction is actually realistic.

And it wasn't before? You pay for he stages on the left and then pay for the hood and what others things come with stage 1 2 and 3. Most likely same prices as we had in GT4. Nothing very unrealistic. Same goes for suspension. People moan that a racing suspension for a FOCUS shouldn't cost 17,000 but when you realize it a real race spec setup and all the parts that are included then it makes sense.

Imagine a Enzo with a turbo and spoilers for more downforce, that would be when speed meets control. A Lamborghin Murcielago with twin turbos would also be awesome. :)

Look up the Gemballa Mig-U1. Sounds very similar to what you were saying about the Enzo.

Where it say's "owned 8" in the bottom right hand corner, would that be your number of owned cars? If so why would it tell you how many cars you have if your just tuning one?

I think it is cars, but if it turned out to be a stockpile of parts tha t would be epic.

I think it is cars, but if it turned out to be a stockpile of parts tha t would be epic.

Would make it very interesting if you had to replace damaged or worn items. Hit somebody with your front end hope you have a extra intercooler. I doubt it though as I don't think GT is at this level yet, plus it says the same amount on each picture shown so unless they bought 8 of each (which would be crazy with the weight reduction screen) it sadly makes no sense.

Only conclusion's I can come up with is it's the total amount of part's you have on your current car or the total amount of part's left in stock at the shop.

Last part was a last ditch effort as I didn't want to leave just one option lol.

Last edited:
Looking at that engine in menu I see that it's not rendered in LOD that it could be. Maybe it will be running. That would be a nice touch.

Not really, no.

The only stage that was questionable was stage 1 as it charged you $1100 for removing things and adding nothing. Now however, seeing as Porsche, ferrari, Lambo all ask for tens of thousands of dollars for removing things, it doesn't seem so far fetched. If you actually read what each stage in GT4 did, and you still think the prices are unrealistic, then don't reply.

$5500 for CF hood, doors, trunk. Sounds fair.
$21000 for a new racing, CF monocoque/frame. Sounds about right, if not cheap.

Last edited:
Would make it very interesting if you had to replace damaged or worn items. Hit somebody with your front end hope you have a extra intercooler. I doubt it though as I don't think GT is at this level yet, plus it says the same amount on each picture shown so unless they bought 8 of each (which would be crazy with the weight reduction screen) it sadly makes no sense.

Only conclusion's I can come up with is it's the total amount of part's you have on your current car or the total amount of part's left in stock at the shop.

Would be rather odd for that last one, unfortunately I think its the number of cars you have in your garage. Or possibly selected to your favorites.

Actually, I agree that the Cappuccino probably is representative of a race-modified car - it's got all manner of bits on it, that the other "Tuneds" don't have, including that Tuscan, and it's referred to as "HP / Tuned", whilst all the others were just "Tuned".

nWrKmz2b12018206.jpg

iftc-09.jpg

The Cappuccino has much larger wings / fenders, and larger wheel arches, as well as the new bumpers, skirts, rear wing and mirrors and what looks like a hard-top roof - the side repeaters and front badge are missing (the latter might be because of the carbon bonnet / hood), and the front indicators are smoked.

^ Not to mention a red tow hook.

A 3rd variation, and the driver has an open visor :)
gt5capcrop.jpg

Last edited:
The only stage that was questionable was stage 1 as it charged you $1100 for removing things and adding nothing. Now however, seeing as Porsche, ferrari, Lambo all ask for tens of thousands of dollars for removing things, it doesn't seem so far fetched. If you actually read what each stage in GT4 did, and you still think the prices are unrealistic, then don't reply.

$5500 for CF hood, doors, trunk. Sounds fair.
$21000 for a new racing, CF monocoque/frame. Sounds about right, if not cheap.

CF bonnet (hood) cost me £360
CF Front Wings (fenders) Cost me £99, it's all about shopping around. Maybe for GT6 we will be able to do that and haggle between multiple vendors.

$21k seems very very cheap for a monocoque

Meh, never seen a Cappuccino drift.. was way to weak when I tried.

It's pretty tail happy in GT5 Prologue, and the above is obviously a tuned version, plus you can always use the handbrake like most drifters would in lower powered cars.

Best seen in motion

And for real :)

The video of the Capuccino looks to me like a GT Auto production, the rims, spoiler and hood are straight from the shop. I hope we buy car colour matching spoilers this time around and not all the tall F1 looking wings. I wonder also how many car's will allow race modifications. I want a tuned SRT4 to eat Mustangs lol.

The video of the Capuccino looks to me like a GT Auto production, the rims, spoiler and hood are straight from the shop. I hope we buy car colour matching spoilers this time around and not all the tall F1 looking wings. I wonder also how many car's will allow race modifications. I want a tuned SRT4 to eat Mustangs lol.

It has a front bumper add on as well

Yeah, there is a clear distinction in the level of modification between the GT:HD tuned Cappuccino and the GT5:P one.

It seems, like with so many other things predicted for GT5, that the "evidence" has been right in front of us all along...

Similarly, it's interesting to note that the High Performance (I assume) Tuned Cappuccino in GT5:P sounds like a four; I initially assumed that was perhaps due to a different engine being swapped into it, but now I hear that the one in GT:HD also sounds like a four. :grumpy:

[youtubehd]phoeszlUKwY[/youtubehd]

I don't have GT5P so I can't check, but at maximum rpm before the shift into fifth gear at 00:15, through spectral analysis, if the engine has got 4 cylinder then it's just below 8200 rpm. If it's a 3 cylinder engine, then it's 10900 rpm.

What is the redline for this car in the game?

EDIT: it's 9000 rpm, so this car has either got wrong sound samples or a 4 cylinder engine.

Redline is 8500 for both standard and tuned, but the tuned car has almost double the power, and sounds different too

Well, I've done my best, but I can't find any evidence that anyone's managed to drop a four-pot into a Cappuccino. Even bike engines are a squeeze!

Guess it's just another Tuned Viper...

EDIT: Found this, which looks like a "proper" four, and there are one or two 'Busa powered Cappuccinos about - but they don't count in this instance, since the GT5:P or GT:HD car is clearly not powered by a bike engine...

Last edited:
The video of the Capuccino looks to me like a GT Auto production, the rims, spoiler and hood are straight from the shop. I hope we buy car colour matching spoilers this time around and not all the tall F1 looking wings. I wonder also how many car's will allow race modifications. I want a tuned SRT4 to eat stock Mustangs lol.

Fixed it for yea.👍

Check this out - top TVR Tuscan has a number decal, but also has the side exit exhaust that was shown on the black Tuned TVR Tuscan, along with the flag and PD decals

gt5tunedtuscan.jpg

And a lot of the race cars and Stealth cars have blank decal panels
4997220836_cf06d72983_z.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the official car list - it backs up the theory thrown up a few pages back on the Cappuccino race mod version

892.P/S Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ‘91
893.P/S Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) ‘95
894.P Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM ‘95

Back