Gran Turismo 5 Drift Settings Depot: Wheels Only!

• Thread starter timacks
  • 173 comments
timacks
Please If the mods could sticky this,

I'm sure I'm not the only guy using a wheel thats always looking for new set-ups and get tired of using a search button that barely works with things like "g27", etc.

I'll start it off

I use a:

Wheel:

Logitech g27
forcefeed back 7

Vehicle:
Nissan z34
Purchased from dealership.
502HP
1239KG

AIDS:

Active steering: mild

Tires & Brakes:

FRONT TIRES: comfort hard
REAR TIRES: comfort medium
ABS: 2-3

( Brakes at 9-2 or similar is important for those who can't use the e-brake due to PD not giving us mapping abilities)
FRONT BRAKES: 9
REAR BRAKES: 2

Differential:

55/55/55

Transmission:

Close-ratio 6 speed.

Engine:

MAX

Weight:

MAX

Intake:

Manifold & Racing

Exhaust:

Titanium/Cat/Downpipe

Turbocharger:
Stage 0
SUPERCHARGER +1

img0981wi.jpg

img0982v.jpg

img0983dn.jpg

They can, but as the thread progresses people have become lazy and have not denoted what type they are using

I dont think it needs a seperate thread; but i do agree that people need to post this in their setups.. I sometimes try tunes and think; this is the opposite of what i want..

Solution: NK4E; dont post settings that dont specify this or ask the people who posted it for it..

On the subject of your handbrake comment, on my drift cars I have the front brakes set at nothing so that the brake peddle simulates the handbrake. It can be quite a challenge slowing the car sometimes! But I only ever do the seasonal sector drift trials so it's not so much of a problem, although on the London one I had to balance it back to 5-2 so I could catch the switchback.

Its not hard to wire up a handbrake to a g25, and g27, check out chilicoke.com, i went and got a $5 axe handle, drilled a hole in it, bolted it to my cockpit with washers and a check nut to keep it from backing off over use, and a $10 button switch from Autozone, wired it up with some 24 gauge wire, soldered to the circuit board in the shifter, took 1 and half hours to make, and it works great, I can post pics if you guys want.

That's fine, I know how to do it, I just don't fancy invalidating the warranty on my £300 bit of kit which includes moving parts and suffers regular abuse.

I'm investigating a solution using hydraulics, mounting something around a controller or altering a DS3.

I dont think it needs a seperate thread; but i do agree that people need to post this in their setups.. I sometimes try tunes and think; this is the opposite of what i want..

Solution: NK4E; dont post settings that dont specify this or ask the people who posted it for it..

Its a public depot and its in the main title. I have added "Please add Wheel/Controller" though that there is a hand few of people that actually do it.
When requesting settings please specify if you want driver aids on or off.

Organized by Manufacturer - Year - Model Name - Driver Aids On/Off - Name of user making request, Date requested,Wheel/Controller
I can see why we could use another Drifting depot just for wheel user or a Team's forum so they can have their own space. Though its just not wanted space that is being used up. I have said before, I would like to have some comments on how I do things.Feel free to put it on my user page. Also, without having a PS3/GT5 I really can't help you guys in the realm of GT5. Could I enforce having users put wheel/controller in their setups. Yes, I can but it may get lost in the pages or possibly my PM box will get full. Lastly, I will ask a mod if they could sticky it for you.

Last edited:
I'm going to contribute my H2H Rd1 Winning Drift Setup for my beloved Z4 MCoupe '08

Car is fully tuned to 450hp/12xxkg

Downforce : 5

Fully Customized Gear Ratio : 250KM

LSD : Stock (the only stock part on car)

Suspension
F/R -20 Ride Height
F/R 6.0/4.0kg/mm Springs
F/R 3/4 , 1/2 Dampenings
F/R 1/2 Anti-rollbars
F/R -5.0/-3.5 Cambers
F/R 0.00/0.20 Toe

Brakes : 5/5

I'm going to contribute my H2H Rd1 Winning Drift Setup for my beloved Z4 MCoupe '08

Suspension
F/R -20 Ride Height
F/R 6.0/4.0kg/mm Springs
F/R 3/4 , 1/2 Dampenings
F/R 1/2 Anti-rollbars
F/R -5.0/-3.5 Cambers
F/R 0.00/0.20 Toe

hmm when i get my wheel back i'm going to have to try this out...

why do people worry about wether a certain setup is for a wheel or not? personally i dont think it matters but thats personal opinion. ive used wheel setups with my controller and they work just fine.

Then sometime today, I will send you all the setups that are for controller. Or you can copy my first post.

and get tired of using a search button that barely works with things like "g27", etc.

THIS, the search feature on this site couldn't possibly be any worse. People rant on about why others don't look for a thread that's already been posted on a topic that they've just decided to create a new thread for.

But it's pretty brilliant actually, because now I can get a widest range of results. If I'm ever look for a thread on pictures of BMW's for example, I don't need to type in "BMW," I just have to type in "cars" and then my search results won't be restricted at all!

/rant

Suspension
F/R -20 Ride Height
F/R 6.0/4.0kg/mm Springs
F/R 3/4 , 1/2 Dampenings
F/R 1/2 Anti-rollbars
F/R -5.0/-3.5 Cambers
F/R 0.00/0.20 Toe

comfort hard tires?

THIS, the search feature on this site couldn't possibly be any worse. People rant on about why others don't look for a thread that's already been posted on a topic that they've just decided to create a new thread for.

But it's pretty brilliant actually, because now I can get a widest range of results. If I'm ever look for a thread on pictures of BMW's for example, I don't need to type in "BMW," I just have to type in "cars" and then my search results won't be restricted at all!

/rant
Well, for the Drift settings depot. There isn't a search button feature. Everything post is user specific. Though typing it at times is pretty tiring.

Last edited:
timacks
Okay well its stickied so everyone add your SET UPS

Come on! We know you have setups and we want you to share.
Remember, sharing is caring!
And i have a request, mazda rx7 fd3s, preferably a fully tuned one. (sorry i cant spell lol)

Suspension
F/R -20 Ride Height
F/R 6.0/4.0kg/mm Springs
F/R 3/4 , 1/2 Dampenings
F/R 1/2 Anti-rollbars
F/R -5.0/-3.5 Cambers
F/R 0.00/0.20 Toe

Wow! This setup is awesome! 👍

I "drifted" a little a few weeks ago and tried alot of "easy" cars but could get any good results. I struggled to get above 12k points on Eiger with my DFGT. Avrage score was about 9k and i got sick of trying... :scared:

However!

I replaced my DFGT with a brand new G27 and thougt it would be a walk in the park (i raced abit with manual gear box irl) but i was dead wrong. I had to learn to drive again! LOL! Even tho im still not getting the same results as before on regular tracks i love my new rig. :lol:

Now im getting 15-16k average on Eiger and thats with only about 15 runs total since i got my new wheel.

Awesome setup!

Does anyone have a good tune for a car to use in online drifting? I consider myself a decent drifter in drift practice, but when I go online it's a whole different story. I've tried several cars including ones I use for my regular drift practice drifting, as well as completely new cars which I bought for the purpose of online drifting.
So far, the only thing that I'm having any marginal success with is the G37, although I'm not doing particularly well with that either.
Oh, and I use a wheel of course.

inuakki, May i suggest the S15 silvia, RX7 and the Mercedes Benz EVO II. It sounds wierd but i love the Merc the most. It taught me how to slide my Driving Force Pro, and looks insane in orange!

Does anyone have a good tune for a car to use in online drifting? I consider myself a decent drifter in drift practice, but when I go online it's a whole different story. I've tried several cars including ones I use for my regular drift practice drifting, as well as completely new cars which I bought for the purpose of online drifting.
So far, the only thing that I'm having any marginal success with is the G37, although I'm not doing particularly well with that either.
Oh, and I use a wheel of course.

I had same problem initially. Drift cars tuned in practice mode behave differently online. Hence I tune on my lounge instead of practice mode. I found some good online tunes on the "Gran Turismo 5 Drift settings Depot" thread ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135527 ). Try TwinturboCH's S13 tune. It's meant for online drifting. Of course everyone drifts differently, and after trying out other people's tune, I found my own tunes to be more comfortable. I only tried a few of those tunes on the Drift settings Depot thread. One thing is the thread doesn't mention if the tune is for online or practice mode.

inuakki, May i suggest the S15 silvia, RX7 and the Mercedes Benz EVO II. It sounds wierd but i love the Merc the most. It taught me how to slide my Driving Force Pro, and looks insane in orange!

I've tried both the S15 and the RX7. With the S15, I haven't had success in either practice or online mode. The RX7 is decent for drift practice, although I still prefer my S13, neither of which work well for me in online mode.

I'll have to give your mercedez benz a try. What tires and setup do you use?

Another thing I'll mention is that I generally prefer to use comfort hards even when drifting online. I've done better online when using comfort mediums or even sport tires, but most drift teams require or at least recommend the use of comfort hards which is why I would like to learn to drift with those.

A decent fun car is the Amemiya RX7.

I use a G25 with Playseat.

No modifications or tuning to the car whatsoever. No change in brakes, suspension, or gearing, just stock as-is from dealership.

Comfort Hard tires all around.

Makes for a harsh but very good learning environment to learn how to drift properly and get better.

Only issue I have with drifting in GT5, is returning the wheel when the wheels finally grip in the end of a drift, or when you want to end a drift. Seems everytime to chuck me in the opposite direction at an incredible speed and angle. resulting in going off course or hitting a wall ending in zero points out of a 3000pt drift.. really annoying.

Only issue I have with drifting in GT5, is returning the wheel when the wheels finally grip in the end of a drift, or when you want to end a drift. Seems everytime to chuck me in the opposite direction at an incredible speed and angle. resulting in going off course or hitting a wall ending in zero points out of a 3000pt drift.. really annoying.

Agreed, this is why you really can't compare controller drifting to wheel drifting. With a controller you can countersteer all the way in an instant, but with a wheel you actually need to spin it and then spin it back at the end of the drift and you either end up spinning, as you described, into a wall, or your drift angle isn't as sharp.

This is also why all the top players in the drift trials use a controller. Which is furthermore why I think there should be a separate drift trial for people who use a wheel.

Agreed, this is why you really can't compare controller drifting to wheel drifting. With a controller you can countersteer all the way in an instant, but with a wheel you actually need to spin it and then spin it back at the end of the drift and you either end up spinning, as you described, into a wall, or your drift angle isn't as sharp.

This is also why all the top players in the drift trials use a controller. Which is furthermore why I think there should be a separate drift trial for people who use a wheel.

both controller and wheel got their pros and cons. although controller is an easier way out in correcting errors but wheel gives the smoothest drifts.

also keep that in mind the first round of gtp h2h drift comp winner is also a wheel user ;)

Okay, people have been saying that i am unbelievably fast in mt rx7 fd '02 and i dont know if its the setup or what, so lets see

What to buy: everything and comfort hard tires,

Spoiler: 5
Weight Ballast: 3kg set at 10

Transmossion: same ratio max speed 174mph
Diff: 60

Suspension
Front. Rear.
Ride height. -20. -20.
Spring rate. 10.4. 8.3
Damper. 6. 6
6. 6
Arb. 5. 5
Camber. 2.5. 1.0
Toe. 0. 0.20

I find this setup unbelievably good, so i want some feedback.

I'll try it after writing down some of my own settings. Im not a very good tuner, but some of them seem to work.

Latest Posts

Back