[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
GT5's gonna have a media blow-out someday, and there's only so many days in the target release year of 2010.

So... I think we'll get either the blow-out at E3, or a decent tease. Release date perhaps?

At E3 we might get a new trailer.
showing more nascar cars.
A new Tokyo route 246 demo.
A sls driving on the Ring.

PD is saving everything for TGS 2010.

E3 and the Le mans 24 hour race ( where they'll also be present ) are in the same month, might be total coincidence but 2 big events in one month ( one attracting a worldwide gaming audience, the other a worldwide racing/carfan audience ) might be a perfect way to get maximum attention for, well, we don't actually know what to expect do we? ;)

I can't see them leaving a media blow-out until TGS. It may be being developed in Japan, but the biggest sales come from Europe and US. Still, as long as it hits globally in 2010, it matters not, other than causing us lot some frustration!

Here we go... already two pages and E3 is over two months away. How briliant. 👍

I was thinking the same thing :sly: Man there are some really keen people on here 👍

Given PD`s history. All that will happen is a big build up to nothing but a flashy demo and the standard comment of "we will be releasing the game soon but currently we don`t have a confirmed release date..... blah blah blah" :grumpy:

GT5 is a carrot on a stick, we keep getting closer and closer and then realise Kaz has created a stick with several extensions and still we think we're getting closer and closer ( which ofcourse logically we do ).;)

I was thinking the same thing :sly: Man there are some really keen people on here 👍

Given PD`s history. All that will happen is a big build up to nothing but a flashy demo and the standard comment of "we will be releasing the game soon but currently we don`t have a confirmed release date..... blah blah blah" :grumpy:

I agree.

GT5 is a carrot on a stick, we keep getting closer and closer and then realise Kaz has created a stick with several extensions and still we think we're getting closer and closer ( which ofcourse logically we do ).;)
Hmmm, interesting! Surely though, until a date is fixed, only then can we say we are getting closer. Until then, we are simply riding the wave of time that is caught somewhere between the launch of GT4 and when GT5 releases?! Thus, in true quantum style, we are getting both closer, and further away at the same time! :lol:

They have to release it in 2010. It looked good enough in 2008; they have no good excuse not to release it this year. The longer they wait, the more buyers they lose. And in that case, the biggest convention before the release is E3. I'd expect something big, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If you hope for nothing, you get the biggest surprise.

Hmmm, interesting! Surely though, until a date is fixed, only then can we say we are getting closer. Until then, we are simply riding the wave of time that is caught somewhere between the launch of GT4 and when GT5 releases?! Thus, in true quantum style, we are getting both closer, and further away at the same time! :lol:

Yes, i forgot to mention or even reckon with a fixed date, although i lazily assumed 2010 was more or less confirmed ( although even quantum physics can't explain the logic behind PD's marketing strategy ).:lol:

Damn this sort of threads generates so much hype and hope... And then we get nothing and are dissapointed...

E3 09 was an epic fail! Just like TGS 09... There were many other shows with "big GT screens" and some other stuff...

So I keep my hopes low... At the end they must release it no matter what and when... Maybe 2010, maybe 2012 or maybe it get´s an PS4 launch title, nobody knows... very sad...

But I tell you, don´t forget MS... I wouldn´t wonder if they announce the new Xbox and show us some mindblowing FM4 stuff... And we still wait for GT5, what an ironic disaster...

Dracwolley
They have to release it in 2010. It looked good enough in 2008; they have no good excuse not to release it this year. The longer they wait, the more buyers they lose.

In my opinion, as time passes, images of the game/Prologue/whatever don't look as incredible as they used to look, at least in my eyes. I don't deny they look great, but I don't go "WOW!" anymore.

EDIT:

Sele1981, I believe you meant TGS 09 was an epic fail just like E3 09. ;) Hopefully this year people will understand that they should keep their expectations low as to not go crazy if things go wrong.

Sony has to blow the lid off of this game at E3, if it's releasing this year there is no better time.

But I tell you, don´t forget MS... I wouldn´t wonder if they announce the new Xbox and show us some mindblowing FM4 stuff... And we still wait for GT5, what an ironic disaster...
That's a good shout.

PD have to show damage, weather, day/night transitions, head tracking, new cars/tracks and give a release date.

These demo videos we are seeing currently are basically 6-12 month old builds that show slight improvements on GT5P.

Should make an estimate about how many other E3 2010 threads will be started, overlooking this one in the first week. I say...13 :)

Jerome

use the search...oh wait...

That always cracks me up :) whenever anybody makes a thread or asks something new someone comes along with the now famous GTplanet sentence: "use the serach button, it's there for a reason" .

Let me say this: I don't like that button!!!

Someone should make a thread counting all those sentences...but perhaps they should use the searc....wait...nevermind... :)

GT
use the search...oh wait...

That always cracks me up :) whenever anybody makes a thread or asks something new someone comes along with the now famous GTplanet sentence: "use the serach button, it's there for a reason" .

Let me say this: I don't like that button!!!

Someone should make a thread counting all those sentences...but perhaps they should use the searc....wait...nevermind... :)

That phrase is used on many forums. People using that apparently find it more interesting to reply that way, instead of pointing the topic starter to the right direction. Unless it's bloody obvious, that is (when the first page of the forum already has 4 thread about OMG!!! NEW VIDOE SOWING NITERACIN @ NUMBRUG!!!!!!)

Well seeing the amount of stuff popping up on the news bit here, I wouldn't be suprised if we get a lot from E3, including a possibility of that ilusive realease date. Also with the way it's going im now nearly sure it will be out for 2010. Here's hoping!!!!

I do believe this is THE year...unless they want to delay it till march 2011...to insert realistic eye-lashes for the co-driver?

-> Sorry to bust the bubble on this thread, but how will they recouperate from the fail from last year? :confused:

-> PD doesn't care about E3, its all about the Tokyo Game Show for these chaps; if not, forget about Gamescon, TMS, and even next years E3...its all about the TGS for them. :indiff:

-> I'M REALLY HOPING that a ray of light amongst the dark clouds above GTP's sky. If thats any possibility... :nervous:

P.S.-> I'll still watch the live coverages (from 2 live streams & 3 live blogs) just like last year. :)

Judging by videos we've seen, it looks like they forgot to put in more tracks than TOKYO R246

They showed Damage and Kaz said its an old build it is first phase of our damage system, They will show damage modeling again /Kaz wil say its an old build its second phase of our damage modeling
You can expect more at TGS. maybe they will prepare GT press Conference...
My thougths
New tracks or Fictional Old tracks will be showed
WorldWide Release Date
Porsche Licence
Improved Damage System will be showed in WRC footage or Nascar.
Online Functunality Presentation
These are will be showed in 10 minutes Rest of Playstation Move!
Playstation Move Move! and New PSP maybe..Please sony dont do second PSP..
I m sure This Turismo will release in this year..

Sony has to blow the lid off of this game at E3, if it's releasing this year there is no better time.

Exactly. I mean, the game is supposedly releasing this year (October, no?) . E3 has to be big (if not HUGE!)

I hope. I pray.:nervous:

With so many images and videos beginning to pop up now, I expect E3 to be The Big Unveiling. Or at least A Big Unveiling. But I'm anticipating a summer release, so I'm putting my chips on Kazunori sensei finally opening the floodgates for us poor thirsty souls.

-> PD doesn't care about E3, its all about the Tokyo Game Show for these chaps; if not, forget about Gamescon, TMS, and even next years E3...its all about the TGS for them. :indiff:

Maybe not, but Sony does. And if they plan on release the game late summer, early fall, E3 is the place to blow it out. Show us lots of stuff we want to see, bring on the marketing campaign for a few months, then let us pop it into our systems and drool. 👍

READ THIS, VERY SLOW PLEASE.

If GT5 doesnt get a Release date+big showoff in this E3, im believing it isnt going to be released this year.

Explanation:

Just look at GTPSP History, E3 Blowout-Release Date-The advertising starts and BAM!, Game released.

If they wait till TGS, they wont get enough time to do all the interviews to Gaming related Websites, Magazines, Etc. Besides the start of advertising campaign would be completely Rushed.

So Dont get Hyped on GT5 being Completely revealed in this E3, because if the game is not revealed, that Might mean that its not coming this ''calendar year''.

Disclaimer: Im not Being pessimistic at all, im just being realistic, I went through all this E3 thingy Last year and got Hyped by myself for getting nothing. And everyone should remember...''the ones that doesnt learn from the past, will repeat the same story again''. :)

Man, some of the members here seem to have been born yesterday! E3 shan't be a disappointment (I have decreed).

Anyway, I think this thread is a good idea; irrespective of how many pages of useless jibber it has, the latest posts will always be at the end... ;)
👍

READ THIS, VERY SLOW PLEASE.

If GT5 doesnt get a Release date+big showoff in this E3, im believing it isnt going to be released this year.

Explanation:

Just look at GTPSP History, E3 Blowout-Release Date-The advertising starts and BAM!, Game released.

If they wait till TGS, they wont get enough time to do all the interviews to Gaming related Websites, Magazines, Etc. Besides the start of advertising campaign would be completely Rushed.

So Dont get Hyped on GT5 being Completely revealed in this E3, because if the game is not revealed, that Might mean that its not coming this ''calendar year''.

Disclaimer: Im not Being pessimistic at all, im just being realistic, I went through all this E3 thingy Last year and got Hyped by myself for getting nothing. And everyone should remember...''the ones that doesnt learn from the past, will repeat the same story again''. :)

I couldn't agree more, +1. The only time I believe a release date is when I have it in my own hands and pinching myself very hard, nothing less. Don't hold your breath people.

Back