[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
With so many images and videos beginning to pop up now, I expect E3 to be The Big Unveiling. Or at least A Big Unveiling. But I'm anticipating a summer release, so I'm putting my chips on Kazunori sensei finally opening the floodgates for us poor thirsty souls.

Those images and videos are not official stuff coming from PD/sony... It´s all from GT fans worldwide... and that´s really sad...

People are searching the hole world every day for a little piece of info... And if somebody find something, it´s getting a really big thing... even if it´s only an GT advertise in an F1 race...

sad sad sad... are they alive? no living sign from PD for a while now... Giving us those 8 megapixel pictures from the same cars again and again, for nearly a half year now... It´s getting boring...

EDIT: I wonder that there is still no April joke thread here haha... I hate those April jokes...

Last edited:
READ THIS, VERY SLOW PLEASE.

If GT5 doesnt get a Release date+big showoff in this E3, im believing it isnt going to be released this year.

Wrong. It will release this year, Sony cannot afford not to. There's still 9 months left in the year, plenty of time to get this thing out.

There needs to be a section on the first page that is something like

E3 BOTTOM LINE WHAT'S NEW

Not some stupid old, "we saw a couple trailers with a Lamborghini LP540!! And SuperGT cars on Suzuka !!"

..no. Tell me what is brand new, never before seen. I'm not trying to wade through 5409823 pages of speculation about what that car is in the back of the 16 car pack, whether or not dynamic weather has been scrapped to even make a 2010 release. Tell me what has been seen (other otherwise the conclusion of the car/track/feature)

Wrong. It will release this year, Sony cannot afford not to. There's still 9 months left in the year, plenty of time to get this thing out.

They can afford to release it at anytime they want. Which is happening. They could sell it right now, or a year from now but the same amount of people will buy it. In a year, more people will have PS3s, but they could also gain a lot of sales leading up to that point. They just need to realize that once the game gets sold, people are going to pick up PS3s, and until they get their act together they aren't going to see the profit. Sony is only hurting themselves

I warn you. Don't expect anything, we've been let down many times before.
Yeap. 👍

PD have to show damage, weather, day/night transitions, head tracking, new cars/tracks and give a release date.

That made me almost laugh. Sad, but true, this isn't confirmed and I may remind you, that GT4 had 'weather' aka 'rain' aka wettrack :( already....

If weather and day/night cycle make it in, I'd be very, very happy, but also really, really surprised big time.

READ THIS, VERY SLOW PLEASE.

If GT5 doesnt get a Release date+big showoff in this E3, im believing it isnt going to be released this year.

Explanation:

Just look at GTPSP History, E3 Blowout-Release Date-The advertising starts and BAM!, Game released.

If they wait till TGS, they wont get enough time to do all the interviews to Gaming related Websites, Magazines, Etc. Besides the start of advertising campaign would be completely Rushed.

So Dont get Hyped on GT5 being Completely revealed in this E3, because if the game is not revealed, that Might mean that its not coming this ''calendar year''.

Disclaimer: Im not Being pessimistic at all, im just being realistic, I went through all this E3 thingy Last year and got Hyped by myself for getting nothing. And everyone should remember...''the ones that doesnt learn from the past, will repeat the same story again''. :)

Yeah. I can't believe it, always there's some game show and the waiting for excitment game starts again.

I find this thread a good idea nonthelss. :)

If they wait till TGS, they wont get enough time to do all the interviews to Gaming related Websites, Magazines, Etc. Besides the start of advertising campaign would be completely Rushed.
TGS is in September. That leaves three entire months before Christmas, which is plenty of time. Frankly, GT5 won't need all that much advertising. The hardcore fans by droves will know about it's release well ahead of time, and on their heels will be the avid GT fans and racing nuts in general. Believe me, advertising will only be necessary to reach casual gamers who might like a copy. Sure, advertising will help, but Gran Turismo, like Final Fantasy and Halo, practically sells itself.

Those images and videos are not official stuff coming from PD/sony... It´s all from GT fans worldwide... and that´s really sad...
Yes, but SONY aren't squashing them like they used to.

Disclaimer: Assuming an October release.

When I think of E3, I think of Sony. Therefore, I expect a huge showing with Gran Turismo 5 and 3D tvs being the huge talk. Release date likely with new information. It gives plenty of time for hype to mount.

When I think of TGS, I think of PD. Therefore, I expect a smaller, more intimate GT5 showing, with a demo running at full speed. It'll reinforce that GT5 is complete and still on track for October.

I Agree with you on that, but I believe the PR team doesnt think that way, or either they wouldnt have advertised GTPSP like they did ( Not in a savage way, just common Advertising).

Besides, Sony needs a HUGE game conference that everybody's watching so they can save lots of money on publicity AND at the same time keep fans happy. IF they dont care about those aspects they dont care on the game being released soon, otherwise they'll try to have everyone Happy. 👍

Yeah. I can't believe it, always there's some game show and the waiting for excitment game starts again.

I find this thread a good idea nonthelss. :)

Yep, Im excited, But since last Year Game shows fiasco, E3, Gamescom, TGS...im just waiting, not expecting.

And yes, Pretty Good Idea to the OP, now we wont have too many E3 Speculation Threads......I Hope :lol:

TGS is in September. That leaves three entire months before Christmas, which is plenty of time. Frankly, GT5 won't need all that much advertising. The hardcore fans by droves will know about it's release well ahead of time, and on their heels will be the avid GT fans and racing nuts in general. Believe me, advertising will only be necessary to reach casual gamers who might like a copy. Sure, advertising will help, but Gran Turismo, like Final Fantasy and Halo, practically sells itself.

Yes, but SONY aren't squashing them like they used to.

I Agree on GT5 not needing that much Advertising for hardcore Fans, but remember we the fans arent the important factor on sales, and sadly, videogames is a business moved by sales.

About dates and that stuff ^ Refer to the First Quote.

Cheers!:)

Sony should announce the date in E3 this year. We all know that Gt5 is coming out this year, but what specific date?

They can afford to release it at anytime they want. Which is happening. They could sell it right now, or a year from now but the same amount of people will buy it. In a year, more people will have PS3s, but they could also gain a lot of sales leading up to that point. They just need to realize that once the game gets sold, people are going to pick up PS3s, and until they get their act together they aren't going to see the profit. Sony is only hurting themselves
I totally agree - in terms of sales, it's at a point now where it really doesn't matter when they release it. We don't know the reasons for the delay, so we can only speculate on that, but released either today, or the same time next year, it would fly off the shelves and lifetime sales would be largely unaffected.

Having said that, the more I think about it, the more a teaser at E3, followed by a blow-out at TGS, with a November release...sounds very plausible.

GT5's gonna have a media blow-out someday, and there's only so many days in the target release year of 2010.

So... I think we'll get either the blow-out at E3, or a decent tease. Release date perhaps?

sure but not at e3 for me.

This thread is really really really too early, but since somebody's deperate and bored enough, why not change the countdown to something dynamic. At least then we can see a live countdown of how sad we all are.

In the meantime I actually think they're just waiting for the 3D-TV's and the necessary PS3 Firmware-Update. Release will be asap after that. And therefore big E3-blowout...

I'm not sad, I'm happy. Before I know it, that opening cinema will come to life on my TV - hopefully calibrated by then, and I'll be driving cars the way Kazunori sensei envisioned them from the beginning. And hopefully race modding most of them with my own liveries! ;)

There is absolutely no way that there won't be a release date and significant infos about GT5 at this year's E3. It just has to be there with a release date :P

There is absolutely no way that there won't be a release date and significant infos about GT5 at this year's E3. It just has to be there with a release date :P
We thought the same last year...

EDIT: I fear other racing games will start coming up with jokes about GT5 soon, as Serious Sam did about Duke Nukem Foerever (which still isn't finished after 13 years of development).

Last edited:
I sort of feel different about E3 this year, ive made a thread if we dont get any news maybe a month ago as to what people's reactions will be. But this year I dont know about others but I feel like there MUST be a date. Last year was different to me, we didnt know alot and we were expecting a huge blow out, we sort of got it in the trailer but it wasnt suprising not see a date. But after seeing TGS go by in September and the Japanese date revealed which is not postponed but it doesnt matter about the postponing I feel the game is a month or two from completion as we speak and I will personally be very disappointed with no news, alot more than last year, because there is very much a urgency now with forza 4 im sure in its planning stages already and development including planning time for Gt5 into its 8th year!.

To be honest, as everyone talks about waiting for 5 years, i am only waiting for approximately the last year and a half as i've been playing GT4 for quite some time and after that Prologue got me busy for a short while ( and other titles ofcourse ).
I was however expecting it last year and really hope for at least a confirmed fixed release date at E3.
Being secretive about included cars, tracks and features i can handle, but no timeframe after one delay makes me very impatient indeed.

We thought the same last year...

Last year, I was more inclined to TGS than E3 since the timing just wasn't there :P It was still expected at the end of the year and TGS was much closer to that than E3 which is kind of at the middle of the road, I'd say.

Back