[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
Answer two questions and it's not hard to tell why PD does not care for announcing a release date, the game is not ready. 5 years is not long, HD takes crazy time to make.

then.. they should hire more and more people!!!!

Ive explained this here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3816695&postcount=133
Yes I do personally think some sales are lost but not because of the wait, but because the wait will undoubtedly do something to the review scores which will decide wheter some people buy it or not, refer to my linked post though.

I sincerely doubt a reviewer will judge a game lower to punish it for taking a long time to develop, unless a game has therefor already dated and become obsolete, not something GT5 is in danger of becoming yet.
And if you only read one poor review of any product and blindly follow that you might wish to get better informed in general.
Not sure where GT5 will rank but it will probably rank quite high as it will be judged by its content, not the time it took.

I really dont know why some peoples compare Duke nukem forever with GT5....

For Duke nukem we have not video, not interview, not screen shoot ect... never and GT5 have juste 40% (video, screen shots, info ect..) see of we need to see from PD and 60% from fans.

The probleme it's not the 5 years or more for developpement ==> ( GT5 it's 2 or 3 games in one, with a full of options and technical innovation ect.. and dont forget the GTPSP dev. durring this time and the 2 Demo GTHD and GT5p than they need a following for multi.

For me 5 years is correct, of course i regreate than the GTpsp version was out before GT5, and like you i cant wait this GT5, but i prefere wait for have the mixte of 3 games (WRC,GT,NASCAR), on a great one for play 3 or 4 years on it than have medium or por game each 2 years and play it 2 or 3 months and be borring.

They do, but a bit too much imo. They should really quit doing those side things though no one on the planet will care that they designed a some citroen besides us hardcore fans, no one cares that they designed some gps system. But people will care if they get a nice new game out there.

Not really, no. 3D Realms didn't release anything in between except from a rehashed XBLA version of Duke3D. Anyways, that's not really the point. As SgtWhitten stated, a lot of people can talk about it and decide themselves they've lost interest but I can guarantee you, once the game is on the shelves they won't be able to resist. It's nice to tell yourself that so you're not disappointed when E3's and TGS' come by and we don't have new infos but the GT brand alone is way stronger than most people would like to believe and the sales figures for GT5P are a proof of that.

PD is great company i know that, but honestly , you have to admit this type of delay will make them lose some of there customers.

See above :P

I sincerely doubt a reviewer will judge a game lower to punish it for taking a long time to develop, unless a game has therefor already dated and become obsolete, not something GT5 is in danger of becoming yet.
And if you only read one poor review of any product and blindly follow that you might wish to get better informed in general.
Not sure where GT5 will rank but it will probably rank quite high as it will be judged by its content, not the time it took.

Well reviewers especially Gt and Edge who are known bias will nitpick on even smallest insignificant details like bad textures on grass, no skid marks, and damage effect is not good , and the game is so complicated

We thought the same last year...

EDIT: I fear other racing games will start coming up with jokes about GT5 soon, as Serious Sam did about Duke Nukem Foerever (which still isn't finished after 13 years of development).

Did you not hear the news? Duke Nukem forever got canned a LONG time ago...

PD is great company i know that, but honestly , you have to admit this type of delay will make them lose some of there customers.
In the grand scheme of things, I doubt it. When it gets closer to launch and the hype starts properly, everybody who ever expressed an interest will come out of the woodwork - even those who claimed they had completely lost interest.

As for those few who sold their PS3 to get an Xbox 360 and Forza 3, they will be bored of said game by the time GT5 releases, buyers/sellers remorse will set in, and a large number of them will end up buying a PS3 again so they can play the racing game they wanted to in the first place.

How bored are you?

with the waiting for the game? very.

with coming on this forum only to find out my only form of entertainment (and its a great thread, honestly)
is threads like "unlikely vehicles"? .... Very...

with the waiting for the game? very.

with coming on this forum only to find out my only form of entertainment (and its a great thread, honestly)
is threads like "unlikely vehicles"? .... Very...

I'm in the same boat, although I'm mainly avoiding my University work....

I'd say E3 2010 will be bringing us the 3D update for PS3's and major tech demos of GT5 3D as I think thats the killer app they're going to push forward to sell 3D. As for a release date I can imagine it will coincide with the 3D TV release but I wont hold my breath for a date.

3D doesn't need a killer app like GT5 to sell it. People are exposed to 3D cinema all the time, but rarely to games. People "get it" already, in fact more so than people "got" HDTV when that first became mainstream.

I don't personally see the appeal of 3D cinema, I saw avatar in 2D and then again in 3D and it made a small difference at first but soon fizzled out and was eventually hardly noticeable that it was 3D. I think it has more applications for the gaming industry especially GT5 where you have all the extra gear like steering wheels and head tracking anyway, 3D glasses is just another gadget to add to the immersion.

It's definitely not GT5 that needs 3D, but it is the 3DTV's that need GT5, which is why Sony is probably releasing them together. That's my guess...

I suppose some people are better visual learners.

Allow me to teach:

E3 2009=👎:guilty:

E3 2010=👍:)

But the question still remains: Why?

And my mouth still remains: Silent.

Allow me to teach:

How do you know that E3 2010=👍:) ?

I think I'm setting myself to disappointment if I go with that attitude towards E3 '10 ...

??
How can you be so sure about GT5 news and a good E3 for us?

I enjoy your persistence, rofajole.

But frankly, we tread upon different grounds.

So confide in me.

And if news be rain, prepare for a moonsoon.

The tension you feel is all yours.

Soak it up or be soaked.

Either way you win. We win.

It's definitely not GT5 that needs 3D, but it is the 3DTV's that need GT5, which is why Sony is probably releasing them together. That's my guess...

I agree, they need to sell 3D to us because as it stands I really don't see the point.

I enjoy your persistence, rofajole.

But frankly, we tread upon different grounds.

So confide in me.

And if news be rain, prepare for a moonsoon.

The tension you feel is all yours.

Soak it up or be soaked.

Either way you win. We win.

And so be it. You seem extremely confident, I just wonder in what ground you thread upon, because the way you speak I like.

And very meaningless, at the same time. I could start saying the same thing. If E3 turns out to be a success, it will be because of sheer luck. But amar's predictions, my friends... they belonged to another level.

Yea I just thought the same thing but truly Im just waiting for gt5.
I don't need a release date I already pre ordered and thats it.

Allow me to teach:

All good, all beautiful ( erhmm, not actually ) poetry, however, you didn't give us a reason to believe in you, if you can't release any info that you actually have because of confidentiality issues, it's ok, just point that out and everyone will be ok. Doing things as you did, you're just drawing meaningless attention, and worst, attention from already pissed members, so if you can't give us any information you might actually have, tell us the reason, otherwise, you'll be ruining your remaining credibility as a member.

That's all.

All good, all beautiful ( erhmm, not actually ) poetry, however, you didn't give us a reason to believe in you, if you can't release any info that you actually have because of confidentiality issues, it's ok, just point that out and everyone will be ok. Doing things as you did, you're just drawing meaningless attention, and worst, attention from already pissed members, so if you can't give us any information you might actually have, tell us the reason, otherwise, you'll be ruining your remaining credibility as a member.
Hehe, the thing is, when people come along and say they know something but cannot say due to confidentiality issues, nobody believes them anyway, so either way their credibility is in tatters!

Hehe, the thing is, when people come along and say they know something but cannot say due to confidentiality issues, nobody believes them anyway, so either way their credibility is in tatters!

I would believe him, I see no reason to lie about something trivial like a game in a forum dedicated to share information of that very same game ;), but as he insists in fuzzy answers it's hard to believe that he is really on something we don't. Just that. He's amar or he's trying to replicate amar's style, but to do so, you must really knew something and clarify why you can't share with the other members, and as far as I know, that's the purpose of this forum.

I would believe him if he said something more than "everything will be great".

That's all.

What credibillity? All he has done is be a big tease.

I would believe him, I see no reason to lie about something trivial like a game in a forum dedicated to share information of that very same game ;), but as he insists in fuzzy answers it's hard to believe that he is really on something we don't. Just that. He's amar or he's trying to replicate amar's style, but to do so, you must really knew something and clarify why you can't share with the other members, and as far as I know, that's the purpose of this forum.

All he does is insinuate that some big reveal is coming at E3, anyone can write that. And not lying? Everybody lies on the interweb...

Back