[Gran Turismo 5 @ Gamescom 2010 August 18-22] Request & Meet-up thread

• Thread starter alba
  • 1,762 comments
I will be there on the media/press day and hopefully get invited to the Sony persco (if that will take place on the pressday). Depended of the available wifi/internet I will post relevant info and photo's semi live on GTHQ.

Last edited:
Well, I will be attending GamesCom alongside my girlfriend on Saturday, August 21st and I'm pretty stoked to get some new info on GT. So far, I'm mostly looking forward to the 'undisclosed feature' which will, hopefully, be unveiled there, as well as details about weather and the track editor.

A little info if you want to go there:
The tickets for GamesCom also include tickets for the public transports around Cologne. Thus, it would probably be the easiest thing to either go by plane to Cologne Bonn Airport and take the suburban railway to Köln Messe/Deutz station. That's where the GamesCom will be held.

If you're going by train, head for Cologne's main station (Köln Hauptbahnhof). The Köln Messe, where the GamesCom will be held, is pretty close, so one could either walk the distance or, again, take the suburban railway to Köln Messe/Deutz station.

As for going by car, I would absolutely not recommend that. Cologne is a horible city to drive through and I can assure you that it's not going to be any better when GamesCom is up and running :)

Well, this ins't very in-depth, but I do hope I helped somebody out a little :D

I might be able to provide some more detailed info (which suburban railways to take and the like) sometime next month, when I'm busy planning my trip as well ;)

Last edited:
As for going by car, I would absolutely not recommend that. Cologne is a horible city to drive through and I can assure you that it's not going to be any better when GamesCom is up and running :)
Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately I don't really have another option than going by car (by train from Eindhoven would take me over 3 hours, by car 1.5 hours). Can you recommend a P+R (e.g. Zoo) when coming from the direction of Dusseldorf? :)

Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately I don't really have another option than going by car (by train from Eindhoven would take me over 3 hours, by car 1.5 hours). Can you recommend a P+R (e.g. Zoo) when coming from the direction of Dusseldorf? :)

I don't know Cologne all that much, and so far, the only Park and Ride that I have any experience with is P+R Zoo/Flora (the one you mentioned :D). It takes a rough 30 minutes to get from there to GamesCom.

I only did a quick search, but so far, it appears to be the best choice, anyways 👍

Taking the train from Dormagen seems to be a good option, only some 20/30 minutes to the Messe.

Question-> I've never heard of Gamescom before the last event last in 2009. I would like to know on how Gamescom stack up to other major video game conventions when it becomes to importance/significance?

:confused:

Question-> I've never heard of Gamescom before the last event last in 2009. I would like to know on how Gamescom stack up to other major video game conventions when it becomes to importance/significance?

:confused:
It's basically just a new name (and location) for the Games Convention, which was held in Leipsic and, as long as it was actually held, considered one of the moost important game shows, along with the E³ and the TGS.

It's actually the biggest game show in the world in terms of public attendance. It's beating E3 & TGS numbers quite easily.

It's actually the biggest game show in the world. It's smashing E3&TGS numbers for public attendance :P

TGS is more about inversion in software development,nothing more than that but is quite important for both nintendo and sony,maybe we will see most of GT5 there,but good hopes to gamescom 👍

I'm a little afraid of starting a new discussion on this topic, BUT:

GT5 @ Gamescom Video/Request
- Gameplay footage of a standard car and it's camera persepectives

I'm a little afraid of starting a new discussion on this topic, BUT:

GT5 @ Gamescom Video/Request
- Gameplay footage of a standard car and it's camera persepectives

If standard will be there,but is sure that gt planet will have cameras there so don't worry your request seems to be on its way

Gah, even if I stayed with my relatives in Austria it would be an impossible trip. It would take too much time away from an actual vacation.

To add to the video requests
- Roll over in car
- What a fully damaged car looks like
- Trying to get the shifting animations to bug out by shifting erratically
- An actually good driver, driving hard, drifting, over taking, etc
- SOUND! Like the type that can actually be heard. If that means putting your microphone right next to the speakers then so be it.

Last edited:
Now that E3 has come and gone and revealed only bits and pieces.

Personally regards GT5 Id expect this show to mainly be about the announcement of the EU/UK release dates and the "Special Edition Content". Even if we get some new demos and details (which alone would be great) its likely they will still hold most stuff back to TGS prior to release.
That might be what you expect to see, but as usual it has nothing to do with the thread topic, just like my post here, but at least that stops any childish "likewise" responses.

Gees are you the guy that accused me of following you?
I find that quite funny how three times this week now youve felt to pick out my posts.

Edit:

Quotes from the OP's post...

" I thought I'd do a thread in the similar fashion as the E3 post and post it ahead of time to give us time to prepare ourselves and organize a few cool things for the community. So this thread can be used as one single place to have all Gamescom news about GT5 in as well as write down video requests about what you think would be best to capture first"

Yes my post wasnt exactly a request or discussing meeting arrangments but at least its about the show.
So id expect you now to tell everyone here what "you allow" to be discussed and I hope they dont comment any further on what they think might be at the show, booth babes or anything that isnt specifically a "request" or in relation to "meeting up" in this thread as clearly this annoys you.

Seriously what are you like, its clear what your doing again.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say Thanks in advance Alba,

Your coverage last year was stellar. Looking forward to all the details/images/videos you provide.

How do you post in the request video's?
I would do circuit de la sarthe(spelt wrong, i know) in the wet, at about 1 in the morning. In a peugot 908. Actually no, the same setting as above, but at the Nurburgring :)

1. Magny -Cours
2. Brands Hatch
3. Monte Carlo
4. Silverstone
5. Infineon
6. Shanghai
7. Estoril
8. Hockenheimring
9. Imola
10. Monza
11. Laguna Seca
12. Motegi
13. Spa
14. Zolder
15. Jerez

I'm pretty sure Infineon will be in... I am REALLY hoping it's in. I actually work there and I can actually see the section I work at in GT4. I'd love to see the track in HD!

The underlined track names are ones I am confident will be in. The Italic ones are the ones I'm skeptical of... :-\

Well the following courses that I want to see at Gamescom, next month, is:

Italics - Not unlikely, BOLD - 50% to 90% chance of seeing them.
Apricot Hill Raceway - Fictional
Autumn Ring - Fictional
Autumn Ring Mini -Fictional
Driving Park - Beginner Course - Fictional
Driving Park - Circle Course - Fictional
Complex String Fictional
Deep Forest Raceway - Fictional
Eiger Nordwand - Real Location
El Capitan - Real Location
Grand Valley Speedway -Fictional
Grand Valley Speedway East -Fictional
Grindelwald -Real Location
Gymkhana - Fictional
High-Speed Ring -Fictional
Midfield Raceway -Fictional
Red Rock Valley - Fictional
Super Speedway -Fictional
Tahiti Road Real - Location
Driving Park - Test Course, Fictional
Trial Mountain Circuit - Fictional

Clubman Stage route 5
Special Stage route 5
Special Stage route 11
High Speed Ring updated from GT5P?

Plus I want to see is:

Real-time day and night transition in:

Circuit De La Sarthe - Real Circuit+location
Special Stage route 5 or 11

Nascar pitcrews

More Le Mans Prototypes

Updated Damage, showcasing rollovers, dents, dirt etc.

Car list

Europle/Australia/NZ (PAL) Terriotry release date(s).

Thats all. :)

Hi guys, I'll be attending as well, yet I don't konw which day.
At the moment I'm thinking Thursday, but it depends on which day the GT5 unveiling is supposed to go down.

I'll be around Cologne on that weekend anyways, so I'm kinda flexible.

See you guys there.

SCEE has confirmed that it's holding its Gamescom press conference on Tuesday 17th August at 6pm CET (5pm UK time), after EA's conference.

Sony has also listed the first batch of games that will be there.

•Killzone 3
•Gran Turismo 5
•inFamous 2
•LittleBigPlanet 2
•DC Universe Online
•Journey
•Motorstorm: Apocalypse
•Sorcery

SCEE has confirmed that it's holding its Gamescom press conference on Tuesday 17th August at 6pm CET (5pm UK time), after EA's conference.

•Killzone 3
•Gran Turismo 5
•inFamous 2
•LittleBigPlanet 2
•DC Universe Online
•Journey
•Sorcery

Sounds good Im will also be interested to see motorstorma nd inFamous 2

•Killzone 3
•Gran Turismo 5
•inFamous 2
•LittleBigPlanet 2
•DC Universe Online
•Journey
•Sorcery
Thanks for the info. 👍

Update for my plans, yet it's written in the OP already (on assumption I assume):

Due to the press conference on Tuesday I'm planning to go to the gamescom on Thursday (I'd love to go on Tuesday, but I don't think it's possible for me - not having any press license whatsoever).
Anyone else thinking of coming then?

current plan is that I'll be there from Thursday to Saturday. I'm still trying to get access to Wednesday. Tuesday evening would be a blast but...

I haven't been in Cologne for a while, so decided to go on both Friday and Saturday and give myself a chance to do some sightseeing too (read: enjoy the Kölner night life).

Updating the OP as we speak. Been playing too much StarCraft 2 sorry :D I need to get on the ways to get there too, should get the infos from the official Gamescom website.

EDIT: Updated :)

I'll be at GC on Thursday but don't know at which time on the GT5 booth.
I try to get a HD cam to record videos for you all :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back