[Gran Turismo 5 @ Gamescom 2010 August 18-22] Request & Meet-up thread

• Thread starter alba
  • 1,762 comments
Just ordered the GTPlanet tshirt design I did! If you see me there, come by and say hello! :D

I'll be wearing one of these

58998059v5_350x350_Front_Color-Khaki.jpg

Maybe some closeups on the interiors of new cars (if there is any)

I haven´t seen GT5 IRL yet so it would be nice to see just how good the cockpits are modeled. and if there really is any significant difference from GT5:P so they just haven´t fixed the AA.

update on my attending schedule: count me in in Wednesday and the Sony press conference as well.

GamesCom will be epic in terms of GT5, I can feel it!

update on my attending schedule: count me in in Wednesday and the Sony press conference as well.

You do have a press-pass or sth. similar?

p.s. I'm attenting as well, probably on Saturday, not sure though and nice that so many are going there, can't wait to see some "GtPlanters", last year I didn't notice anyone.:crazy:

EDIT: @ gNNY: I see, good luck, have fun and uptade us as soon as you can!:D

Last edited:
@Alex: I'm working on that ;) Last week, I've applied for press credentials. So far, I wasn't turned down so I expect them to arrive sometime this week. If I won't get press access I have a Plan B on how to get into Wednesday which should work.

This year's GamesCom will hopefully bring about alot of information on GT5. As it is featuered already in the Press Conference on Tuesday I expect nothing but a great show. Release date for Europe is one thing I'd bet on that they'll announce that.

I'll spend all four days at the venue, save Friday. I've got some other obligations in the afternoon, so I just pop over for an hour or two on the 20th.

Just watch out for a tall dude wearing a Detroit Tigers hat in a red Ferrari 308 ;)

See you there :D

I did - I'm not quite sure what I'm doing at present, except that gNNY and I will be working quite closely on Wednesday!

I'll be there as well, watching you guys from a distance. See if you all behave.

Be aware; The kikie is coming!

That was probably also mine - and it was just a Guinness glass. It contained something far better... Theakston's Old Peculier.

And after three (clean) laps of El Capitan using just the reverse gear, I needed it.

As long as it wasn't Riggwelter, there's a reason there's a dead sheep on the label :yuck:

I played a GT4 demo yesterday at a Toyota garage (on work time :P) waiting for my car to be serviced with a Peugeot rally car on the Nurburgring. Brought back a lot of good memories and proved I still remember the track pretty well, I don't think I'd manage a clean lap in reverse though! I'd like to say the geriatric customers there were impressed but countdown was on the TV so they were distracted.

The GTP turnout for Gamescom is pretty awesome, nice one guys :cheers:

Hope we will get known what kind of GT5 demo is playable, before the GC starts.
So some users can request Videos from the content in the demo.
I'm there with HD camera so I can record videos.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun there. Take as much footage as you guys can, stick together, try to test out the physics, if you can flip cars or not etc.. ask the representitvives about more detail, how many cars can race in single player, etc, if night day effects are effected on all locations, and if they are dynamic.

also since all of you are from GTplanet, ask Kaz for serious most epic fan based interview ever.

Yeah I just wanna say much of the same and have a great time.
Although, unless you get to talk with a Senior Sony PR person, asking the general staff at the shows, most of them will likely know less about the game than some of us already do.

If you can meet up and work together that would be a great report having your combined efforts and opinions which as real GT players would be excellent.

Hope we will get known what kind of GT5 demo is playable, before the GC starts.
So some users can request Videos from the content in the demo.
I'm there with HD camera so I can record videos.

So far, at every big show where PD/Sony displayed a new feature during a press conference at the night before the show really started, that new feature was available in the demo playable at that show. I expect at least one new feature to be presented at the GamesCom and thus a new demo. Also I expect that this demo will be based on the (close to) final build. :)

But I'm also prone to being overly optimistic. :dopey:

well, you never know what will happen, maybe an interview with Kaz is possible. What would the "most epic fan based interview ever" be like? He's the master mind behind the game so surely you'd want to ask him different questions than you'd ask some other person involved with the game.

Over the weekend I wanted to compile some questions already, just in case, and input is always welcome. Just as a boyscout: always be prepared :)

So far, at every big show where PD/Sony displayed a new feature during a press conference at the night before the show really started, that new feature was available in the demo playable at that show. I expect at least one new feature to be presented at the GamesCom and thus a new demo. Also I expect that this demo will be based on the (close to) final build. :)

But I'm also prone to being overly optimistic. :dopey:

Yeah that's right :D
So for example , if weather is announced I'm pretty sure there are tracks with rain or snow or what ever :D

I'm just hoping we get some info on a few things.......like:

Standard car cockpits
GT mode
Premium cars list
Any unknown Tracks
Maybe a few other game features

For whatever reason I have a feeling the demos at Gamescom will debut skidmarks. :boggled:

Since this is the meetup thread should another thread be made for gamescon discussion, or just stick to this one?

I reckon just stick with this one, it'll soon change to a discussion once news from the event starts coming out.

Latest Posts

Back