Gran Turismo 5 Has a Hidden LAN Mode

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by elston87, Nov 6, 2019.

1. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

Gran Turismo HD online time leaderboard still working since december 2006. But GT5 and GT6 servers are off.
    :/

2. Mr. Apex

Mr. Apex

That would be some amazing news. What is your opinion on Course Maker Tracks? They might be accessible too. I mean I can still watch replays of races on these, so …

(I mean IF a hidden LAN mode in GT6 could be accessed in the future)

SWR_WeiTN likes this.
  3. elston87

elston87

If you mean Gran Turismo 6's Course Maker courses, you can still drive on them. A means and a method does exist as shown here.

As for LAN Mode in GT6, I still haven't found any obvious clues. And the clues I have found didn't lead anywhere. GT5 however was just a freak accident on discovery, I could say. The icon for "Online Race" has been there forever in the top menu, as you can put it on the top menu with the use of the game's Secret Settings. The "LAN Battle" option has also been there since Version 2.08 of the game, but it never worked...up until know, where the fix was just changing the configuration of the game.

GT6 is not quite the same as GT5 internally. While there are traces of a "LAN Party" icon in GT6, I haven't found a way to make it show itself...yet.

SWR_WeiTN and VBR like this.
  4. QTip8329Wags

QTip8329Wags

On the part about GT Sport having a hidden LAN mode for World Tour events, how does this make it fully independent of internet? As of right now, there is no way to save the game or access brand central without an internet connection. In fact, the consumer version released in stores is wholly dependent on an internet connection just to save. To save! I can't even save in Arcade or Campaign mode after winning credits or winning endurance league races. No buying cars from brand central either. Personally I think its a joke how most games require internet for solo play. I bought the game, let me access everything and leave the internet stuff optional.

5. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

Thing is they could've keep it running for close to 0$.. So if ther are players whod still like to play they could even charge some money (not much obviously). For me 5 is better than sport in many ways so what do you even doing on forum of hundred year old game?

SWR_WeiTN, Niop and VBR like this.
  6. Apprentice

Apprentice

How to enable? I have PS3HEN console. and GT5 XL edition. and running on 4.85 HFW.

7. Apprentice

Apprentice

I have my HFW PS3 how to get it to work? :)

8. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

J24681357, j0nny0093 and Apprentice like this.
  9. 92gsr

92gsr

Is there a place where we can discuss this?

VBR and Niop like this.
  10. VBR

VBR Premium

A group PM maybe...

11. WalkerTM

WalkerTM

Is someone still playing?

12. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Yes now an then.

2_FAST_4_U likes this.
  13. WalkerTM

WalkerTM

Good, I'm getting a PS3 and discovered this LAN mode on GT5.

Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late for a PS3, but I'm a PC guy, I missed a lot of gems and considering PS5 will come out with PS4 compatibility I decided to pick a cheap PS3 and skip the PS4 to get a PS5 probably :lol: :p

AgentBlackDog and fordlaser like this.
  14. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I mainly use GT5 garage editor sometimes when I play it. PS4 should have been a backwards capability to play all Gran Turismo games, so when I buy a PS5 I could still play old GT games.

AgentBlackDog and 2_FAST_4_U like this.
  15. VBR

VBR Premium

If you mean online, then no, because they turned the servers off (like they do with all older games). If you wanna play with people online you need to do LAN tunnelling & my guess is there are not enough people doing it to make it worthwhile. GT5 is only good for offline play IMO. If you're getting a PS3 you might as well pick up GT6 also.

AgentBlackDog and 2_FAST_4_U like this.
  16. WalkerTM

WalkerTM

yeah I meant with the LAN mode

17. VBR

VBR Premium

The LAN mode is for a Local Area Network lobby only, i.e. several PS3's linked together at the same location. To race people online you'd need to set up LAN tunnelling & I don't know if anyone has actually achieved this as of yet with GT5.

EDIT: I had a look on YouTube, & while there are several people who got the LAN Mode working, there is only one guy @j0nny0093 who got a LAN tunnelling set up working.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  18. Tardisusers21

Tardisusers21

Hey guys, if you want to play gt5 LAN online with us, Join our discord and weel be happy to help you out. Link: (https://discord.gg/WeaM65u)

19. slybynight

slybynight

VBR kindly pointed me here. I'm fully up for this.

Klitlika and Tardisusers21 like this.