Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Maybeeeee

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I like getting 20 second penalties in GT Sport

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
North Korea
North Korea
Ok, this thread will be mainly for discussing things related to the GT5 LAN mod which has enabled us to play the game online again in 2020! (Shuffle races included) Note that we will not be explaining how to obtain the mod or any jailbroken homebrew in this thread, so please don't bother asking. I will leave a link to our GT5 LAN Discord community if you are interested in finding out more details. Joining is on a request basis.

Discord Link will be updated frequently - (https://discord.io/gtonline) - Tutorial on how to install it is there

Special thanks to Nenkai for making this possible

Last edited:
Costa di Amalfi.jpg

These were taken from online races earlier today (via XlinkKai). We can now race on some PS2 era tracks that have been ported over to PS3, thanks to some talented modders over at the discord server!

Last edited:
What's the standard of racing like from the other drivers; are you guys clean, competent, & conscientious? Or is it deliberate BTCC style bumping, shoving, & swapping paint?

VBR
What's the standard of racing like from the other drivers; are you guys clean, competent, & conscientious? Or is it deliberate BTCC style bumping, shoving, & swapping paint?

The standard of racing depends since we discuss what track and type of race we are going to do beforehand in the discord chat. There really is no specific driving style. For the most part, we have done shuffle races and a few Ferrari F1 races where we expect a competent and fair driving style (leaving space to overtake and no weaving etc). However other times we've done dumb things like Kart races on Seattle (which is pure chaos as the Karts easily spin after the jumps). We haven't had any lobbies over 7 players yet although the Xlink connection is fantastic. I have great connection to the European's and we haven't experienced any connection issues at all. Our main aim right now is to get more players so we can host bigger lobbies. I'm sure we could maybe do something like the BTCC and have everyone drive 90s touring cars. Like I said, we aren't too specific and can pretty much do any type of racing.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested in resurrecting the GT5 Shuffle scene & hosting lobbies. I did a heck of a lot of that back in the day & really miss it. But, it all depends on having drivers who love driving clean & gentlemanly. I also set up my lobbies with the most realistic settings possible, so no silly ghosting or unrealistic penalties etc.

VBR
I'd be very interested in resurrecting the GT5 Shuffle scene & hosting lobbies. I did a heck of a lot of that back in the day & really miss it. But, it all depends on having drivers who love driving clean & gentlemanly.

Sure we could definitely implement some rules to enforce clean driving. Maybe adding a different section for regulated shuffle races in our Discord is the way to go. The guy who created the server cares a lot about clean driving as well.

If I host a lobby, it will be run according to my own rules. It won't be to everyone's taste, but I'm sure there will be some people who like it. These were some rules that I used for events I ran in GT5 - SCR. I also wrote a guide for clean racing here. It would be that kind of thing. I won't be up & running again for a while though, need to get my new set up...set up. When I do, I'll join you for some racing.

:cheers:

OK I guess it’s research on the net plan for tonight. I’m an old extra dirty racing player hope this works out. And thanks to the people who are making this possible.

OK I guess it’s research on the net plan for tonight. I’m an old extra dirty racing player hope this works out. And thanks to the people who are making this possible.

Try using our tutorial in the Discord as opposed to the YouTube installation guide made by Kattcool. Our tutorial is easier and also gives access to PS2 era tracks that were ported over. Also on the subject of dirty driving, most of the races we've done so far are with the expectation of clean driving. You could most certainly make your own lobbies that allow dirty driving, just write something like "Shuffle Race - Dirty" in the lobby title. That way players know what they're getting into.

Last edited:
Yes! I love when people are able to get old games back up and running again. I still have a PS3 but sold my copy of GT5 a long time ago, might have to pick up an old copy. Wondering if I still have my save data somewhere...

Invite outdated, you can actually make the invite link last forever by pressing the "Edit invite link" button when on the Invite people section

Looks like you guys fixed the problem of PSN ID's not showing up in LAN Mode, is that correct?

VBR
Looks like you guys fixed the problem of PSN ID's not showing up in LAN Mode, is that correct?

That's correct, it comes down to an option hidden in the secret settings to properly display names.
I have made a new mod based off the original one which allows you to display those settings without save editing.
Everything works, except chatting - obviously - that's PSN based.

That's correct, it comes down to an option hidden in the secret settings to properly display names.
I have made a new mod based off the original one which allows you to display those settings without save editing.
Everything works, except chatting - obviously - that's PSN based.

Awesome! I'm gonna have to pull my finger out to get this up & running & join you guys soon.

Is chat still bugged, or have you got that working too?

VBR
Awesome! I'm gonna have to pull my finger out to get this up & running & join you guys soon.

Is chat still bugged, or have you got that working too?
Chat as I've previously said does not work (if I recall correctly it only does if you're logged in to PSN, which you cannot obviously do while running alongside XLink Kai).
And again if I recall correctly I do not believe there is a way to fix that, as it's PSN based.

Chat as I've previously said does not work (if I recall correctly it only does if you're logged in to PSN, which you cannot obviously do while running alongside XLink Kai).
And again if I recall correctly I do not believe there is a way to fix that, as it's PSN based.
Don't forget you can do party chat now on your phone with the new PSN app.

Back