Gran Turismo 5 modding discussion

United Kingdom
Sunderland
Thanks to some very talented folks who have now discovered how to unpack and repack GT5's file structure, I figured it was time to create an equivalent to the GT2 modding thread.

As with the GT2 thread and the site-wide rules, discussion of emulation/piracy/disc images etc are not permitted. This thread is simply for showcase and discussion of mods for GT5.

To kick off the thread, I have a few examples of things that can be edited with simple XML tweaks, for instance:

- Adding dealers and standard cars to the premium dealership:
upload_2020-7-17_17-36-1.png

upload_2020-7-17_17-36-12.png

- Adding new cars to event AI selections (including post-release cars):
upload_2020-7-17_17-33-10.png

upload_2020-7-17_17-34-1.png

Additionally, as it turns out, events are extremely modular and customisable - it's very easy to change which tracks a race takes place on, which AI are allowed to enter, their restrictions and permitted cars, etc. It's even possible to set up per-car delays with a custom non-random grid, essentially allowing GT4's mission races to be recreated given enough knowledge.

Adding entirely new events is tested and working:

upload_2020-7-17_23-15-11.png

As we can't add new files yet, I've just set them all to be duplicates of Sunday Cup - in the future however there's nothing stopping us from adding new events, restoring cut ones, etc. Not sure if it'll be possible to give them all icons and unique names, but they're functional.

Hmmm, Interesting this can be very cool, especially if someone wants to extend the GT5 career mode, like putting the removed career mode events found in the game files, of course I know this is in the testing phase, I will observe this topic from now on, Modding can be an extra in GT5. Nice work 👍
It should be completely possible once we can add new files. It's already possible now, it just means you have to replace existing races.

It should be completely possible once we can add new files. It's already possible now, it just means you have to replace existing races.
Ok, The Cutting Room Floor is there to see unused files, and if it is possible to put some things that have been removed from the final version of GT5, it would be interesting to start with those things, if someone is interested.

I subtlely revealed this earlier this year, whether or not anyone truly got the memo on what I had done, I don't know for sure. For those that don't know, due to licensing, in GT5 they have a limitation where you cannot race the Ferrari F1's against anything other than themselves, and it really sucks. What I have done is figured out how to disable that Ferrari limitation via EBOOT editing, so now they can be used against any other car in the game without issue.

You can clearly see that at play here in these unedited pictures I took.
high-speed-ring_3-jpg.885687

high-speed-ring_1-jpg.885685

In this case, I have the Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, and the Formula Gran Turismo all racing against each other, which normally isn't doable, but with a simple EBOOT edit, it can be achieved rather easily. While I only showed these 3 cars racing together, you could certainly race them against any other car you choose and theirs absolutely no side effects to disabling this limitation that I have seen. Certainly makes for some fun racing! 👍

I subtlely revealed this earlier this year, whether or not anyone truly got the memo on what I had done, I don't know for sure. For those that don't know, due to licensing, in GT5 they have a limitation where you cannot race the Ferrari F1's against anything other than themselves, and it really sucks. What I have done is figured out how to disable that Ferrari limitation via EBOOT editing, so now they can be used against any other car in the game without issue.

You can clearly see that at play here in these unedited pictures I took.
high-speed-ring_3-jpg.885687

high-speed-ring_1-jpg.885685

In this case, I have the Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, and the Formula Gran Turismo all racing against each other, which normally isn't doable, but with a simple EBOOT edit, it can be achieved rather easily. While I only showed these 3 cars racing together, you could certainly race them against any other car you choose and theirs absolutely no side effects to disabling this limitation that I have seen. Certainly makes for some fun racing! 👍
Got to say i didnt see you do this, this is something i would love to do for my game, if youve wrote a quick tutorial or can help me do this, you can reach me here or on Discord, i would love to do this in my eboot, least when i do get the level 24 ticket i wont have to worry about not getting the FGT lol

Hi guys! I was hoping to find a thread like this one because I really need help!
I'm planning to do a 24h of Le Mans and Nurburgring on Gran Turismo 5 with some friends, but we noticed that the number and the choice of opponents is not what we would like to have to get a really funny race...:confused: So I was wondering:
- is there a way to get a 24 hour with more than 12 cars in GT Mode? or if not so:
- is there a way to get a 24 hour race in arcade mode by modifiying the length of race?
I've found out that the secret menu doesn't allow to choose between all the car list; also, the max laps in arcade mode is 99 and there's not any time selection.

Thanks!

@TheAdmiester that's great, there's so much potential being able to mod that. Are you able to model vehicle textures in GT5 yet? It would be cool to have race mods like that which use alternative textures to the buyable race cars.

Is it possible to create an uncensored Gran Turismo 5?? like Silk Cut XJR-9 and others (Dekra Alfa Romeo 155, Mercedes-Benz 190E DTM and others)

Is it possible to create an uncensored Gran Turismo 5?? like Silk Cut XJR-9 and others (Dekra Alfa Romeo 155, Mercedes-Benz 190E DTM and others)
That would rely on bing able to change the textures which isn't possible at the moment, unless a car with the uncensored livery already exists in the games files but I think they'd have been found by now.

unfortunately I cannot access the Discord GT Online modding link because Discord tells me it is invalid or expired
Sorry nenkai

Last edited:
Back