[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Really hope that the Singapore track is included but I also don't remember seeing the guardrails along the track. :indiff:

0.36 onwards..

My bad, I thought you were referring to the picture. That section of video in the trailer could be Hong Kong, at the Avenue of Stars.

hong-kong-avenue-of-stars.jpg

This Indy Speedway confirmation came from a interview of Kazunori Yamauchi at TGS.

After the presentation, Yamuachi showed off a new trailer for the game which featured, among other things, peeks at some of the new courses that will be part of the game--including a quick look at the familiar tower from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which appears to be set for GT 5.

Link from post one: http://uk.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...i-talks-gran-turismo-5.html?tag=topslot;img;1

I hope the trailer is released!

We've known about [both] Indy layouts for what seems like a couple of years now. I was hoping there was video footage :(

Thanks

Oh, alright! I just hope we get some more information throughout this long wait. Any ideas when there may be another convention? Tokyo Motor Show?

Oh, alright! I just hope we get some more information throughout this long wait. Any ideas when there may be another convention? Tokyo Motor Show?

Wasn't there a "demo" of GT5 Prologue that was available to Japan PSN Store shoppers? And didn't said demo have an unveiling of the GTR as it happened at the TMS?

It would be a wonderful thing if we get a demo of GT5 or an addition to GT5P.

You know, I never really entertained the idea of having a GT5 demo out on PSN, mostly because I thought it was coming out in a few months. But with at least 5 or so months left to wait, I'd imagine a demo being released. I don't know when would be a good time. Maybe a month ahead like FM3? I'd like for something a little more early with updated physics and damage. And maybe some new rides.

It's about 1 week old, there's probably a few who haven't seen it though. No harm mentioning it in here anyway.

It's the best interview from TGS 2009. At least for me. Many important questions were asked. However, I wish the answers had been more clear.

The least number of translators involved :sly:

Yea, it'd be awesome if he spoke English. Nonetheless, you don't need a translator to read or understand some of his facial expressions in this interview. He smiles and giggles a lot after important questions. It's like he's a little kid who has just been spotted with his hand in the cookie jar. He wants to say something, but he remains silent or deflects the real answer.

The first post should be updated:
Tokyo Game Show New Car Confirmation List

-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

-Dogde Viper ACR

-Ferrari-(Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari Enzo)

-Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

-Mercedes SLS AMG
Lexus
-WedsSport IS350 Super GT GT300

ASL
-ARTA Garaiya Super GT GT300

Mercedes
-C63 AMG (was in the SLS Promovideo)

Ferrari
-330 P4 (GamesBlog photos from the PD studio tour)

Mini
-Unknown Cooper S race version.

The first post should be updated:

Lexus
-WedsSport IS350 Super GT GT300

ASL
-ARTA Garaiya Super GT GT300

Mercedes
-C63 AMG (was in the SLS Promovideo)

Ferrari
-330 P4 (GamesBlog photos from the PD studio tour)

Mini
-Unknown Cooper S race version.

Thanks for the compilation. I knew of the Lexus, but didn't get to adding it. Now they're in!

Don't forget the Super GT Lexus SC430 (In particlar the 08 version).

In the shop there will be many accessories to improve your cars. The master was particularly proud of this facet of the game. He commented that we can change almost every imaginable piece of the vehicle, not just the typical sections of the engine, brakes, etc.

What other parts?

He also told us that the demo version that was installed on both the Tokyo Game Show and the booths present at the premises of the company lacked the latest damage build. It is a feature in which they are still working on, car to car. Just thinking about it makes you giddy.

I wonder when we will see the final final build we be complete.

We also saw a Ferrari with a big city in the background.

He keeps mentioning a Ferrari. I bet it's my baby, the F-50 :)

I will definitely add this to post 1. Interesting read.

Last edited:
Well, one would assume he is meaning it's expanded from what you could do with the GT4 tuning. I think body panels is a definite. My dreams say customisable cockpits....

Well, one would assume he is meaning it's expanded from what you could do with the GT4 tuning. I think body panels is a definite. My dreams say customisable cockpits....

Yea, I don't know much more he could expand on internal/mechanical parts. I see GT5 broadening its tastes and having more external adjustments. I know in GT4 you can alter the body a little bit with weight reduction and rigidness, but I see GT5 completely flipping GT around. I envision side view mirrors being changeable for aerodynamics. I can see roof scoops being able to be added and body kits/sideskirts making an important appearance. It won't be flashy or distasteful like NFS Underground, but in GT's typical classy manner. This may also include livery editor.

One interesting part that caught my eye was this:

"Yamauchi began to speak, first concerning the portable version of Gran Turismo, GTPSP. The first thing mentioned is that it was a challenge to develop something as big as a GT for a machine so small. They had to redesign many aspects of the game, and come up with new methodologies to take advantage of the technology of the handheld. It is this aspect highlighted in the ad-hoc mode in which the opponents play against each other in the same space, or “Party,” which can compete online with other gamers worldwide via a free application that is download on PS3.

He also said he was particularly proud that the modeling of the cars comes from the PlayStation 3 version and not previous versions. Clearly this aspect has been simplified so that PSP can represent them on screen, but that’s the only change. All details are there, even the interiors
"

This would seemingly answer the question regarding how the cars will look once we transfer them from GT PSP to GT5. We are basically looking at downgraded GT5 models (which explains the empty cockpit views) when we play GT PSP. Looks like I definately made a good decision get GT PSP:)

That should put people at ease about the interiors for GT5. I'm glad each car will have them. My only question is why did the car count seemingly drop 50ish cars from GamesCom to TGS? I hope it didn't have to do with modeling or anything. I don't want them removing an F360 or a Diablo GT because there's not enough time with the new damage system.

That should put people at ease about the interiors for GT5. I'm glad each car will have them. My only question is why did the car count seemingly drop 50ish cars from GamesCom to TGS. I hope it didn't have to do with modeling or anything. I don't want them removing an F360 or a Diablo GT because there's not enough time with the new damage system.
Around 950 cars and around 1000 cars are around the same.

...hope you understand what I mean by that. Kinda vague I know, but that's the point.

That should put people at ease about the interiors for GT5. I'm glad each car will have them. My only question is why did the car count seemingly drop 50ish cars from GamesCom to TGS? I hope it didn't have to do with modeling or anything. I don't want them removing an F360 or a Diablo GT because there's not enough time with the new damage system.

Well if they decided to remove 25% of all Skyline types and a handfull of Mazda mx5 types and some of the superduper slow cars ...i wouln'd have a problem with 50 odd cars less in tha game...:sly:

spyrrari.

Around 950 cars and around 1000 cars are around the same.

...hope you understand what I mean by that. Kinda vague I know, but that's the point.

I understand that, in theory, 950+ cars can mean 1,000 because of the plus sign, but why did they first say 1,000+? This absolutely guarantees 1,000 and not 950. You know?

All in all, I don't think any NEW production cars would be removed. Or at least I hope.

Yea, I think your 170 premium (full damage+rollover) cars are made from:

NASCAR
Rally
F1
Le Mans

I don't know about special-tuned cars.

One interesting part that caught my eye was this:

"Yamauchi began to speak, first concerning the portable version of Gran Turismo, GTPSP. The first thing mentioned is that it was a challenge to develop something as big as a GT for a machine so small. They had to redesign many aspects of the game, and come up with new methodologies to take advantage of the technology of the handheld. It is this aspect highlighted in the ad-hoc mode in which the opponents play against each other in the same space, or “Party,” which can compete online with other gamers worldwide via a free application that is download on PS3.

He also said he was particularly proud that the modeling of the cars comes from the PlayStation 3 version and not previous versions. Clearly this aspect has been simplified so that PSP can represent them on screen, but that’s the only change. All details are there, even the interiors
"

This would seemingly answer the question regarding how the cars will look once we transfer them from GT PSP to GT5. We are basically looking at downgraded GT5 models (which explains the empty cockpit views) when we play GT PSP. Looks like I definately made a good decision get GT PSP:)
It doesn't, and it's all in the translation my friend. It's blatantly obvious that some car models inn GT PSP are GT4 models, you only have to look at a car that you know has a certain inaccuray in GT4 and the exact same inaccuracy is there in GT PSP. The logical explanation is that car models PD have included that wern't in GT4 have used scaled down GT5 models but the rest of the cars were proted from GT4. Not only does this make sense from a work load perspective, but it also exlains why there is a clear difference in the quality of the new models over the cars also seen in GT4. You look at the car model for the Veyron in GT PSP and it's miles better than the model for the Cizeta V16.

Yamauchi also pointed out the benefits of the new physics that has been applied to the game. Everything in this aspect has been created from scratch, from the reactions of the cars to the routes to the deformation and damage in the body.

I guess we shouldn't get used to GT5: Prologue, huh?

Yamauchi also pointed out the benefits of the new physics that has been applied to the game. Everything in this aspect has been created from scratch, from the reactions of the cars to the routes to the deformation and damage in the body.

I guess we shouldn't get used to GT5: Prologue, huh?

Unless he's talking about the build since GT4, which is likely seeing as prologue is, effecively, an early GT5 beta (alpha?). That's not to say things won't change between GT5P an GT5, I think there has already been progress seen in the demo builds at GC and TGS.

Back