Gran Turismo 5 Trailer/Commercial/Intro/Closing Competition - Open Until August 1st

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 336 comments
  • 33,574 views
Thanks man.👍

No problem. The same goes for High quality videos. Be warned that it'll only work with videos available in those formats
 
No disrespect to the other entries but for me the video by paskowitz is simply the best. Unless someone else betters this then for me the competition is over.
 
No disrespect to the other entries but for me the video by paskowitz is simply the best. Unless someone else betters this then for me the competition is over.
yeah it's definitely climbing the charts, my favourite as a GT5 commercial. But as Intro in the game I still prefer mu51im's
 
yeah it's definitely climbing the charts, my favourite as a GT5 commercial. But as Intro in the game I still prefer mu51im's

Mine was meant to be more of a trailer for events like E3 or TGS. As a commercial it is a bit long. Although I am working on a commercial version (different videos and song). My song does not really work as an intro song (to intense). So I would have to agree, that as an intro, mu51im's video is better, as an intro:sly:. What I like about mine, besides everything:sly:, is the very beginning. It was kinda my little tribute to the greats in automotive racing (in order of appearance: Steve McQueen, Stirling Moss, Mika Hakkinen, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher, Colin McRae and Jackie Stewart). As cheesy as symbols can be :scared: the whole point of my trailer was to show that "racing is life" to a lot of people. It is what makes them excited and happy and anything that is not racing just seems like waiting and that GT is one of the main avenues people (especially the average person) use to participate in racing. The truth is we are not just waiting for GT5 but for a way to express our passion for motorsports.

I hope we get video footage of in game weather, day/night cycles, and damage so I can make an even better trailer. As of now all I have to work with is normal racing.
 
I personally would love to see somebody do an intro to the music from the GT1 intro here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASmIlmgTbE

And perhaps even do it in a similar style.

I would love to see somebody use this song from the new Kasabian album:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3453700

why don't you try and make your own videos, it's not that difficult, took me less than an hour to learn how to use movie maker :)
 
My song does not really work as an intro song (to intense)
yes that's why I prefered it as a commercial. But I didnt mean a TV commercial (it's too long I know)....more like a...GT5-The Movie teaser:dopey:
 
why don't you try and make your own videos, it's not that difficult, took me less than an hour to learn how to use movie maker :)
I'd like to! I got all figured out in my head, but I need a list of GT samples, of videos to choose and download directly
Where do I get them?
 
thanks for commenting on mine. i've made a new one, just need to do some finishing touches.

by the way, you can make your own night footage, with headlights and everything. i may make a clip just to show you what i mean. and i dont mean just turning the brightness down
 
Last edited:
I'd like to! I got all figured out in my head, but I need a list of GT samples, of videos to choose and download directly
Where do I get them?

Game Trailers
GT5p
GT5
GTHD

Taxi Gamer (really "rare" GT5p videos)

thanks for commenting on mine. i've made a new one, just need to do some finishing touches.

by the way, you can make your own night footage, with headlights and everything. i may make a clip just to show you what i mean. and i dont mean just turning the brightness down

Please do explain.:dopey:
 
wow. Paskowitz is the winner. That was AWESOME.
 
you can download the trial version of after effects cs4, which is what i am going to use to make it.
 
Thanks. Will do. Looks like I have got some serious competition Mr mu51im. I guess I will have to just up my game. :)
 
I want to make the compliments to everybody :)every video transmits strong passion ,and' beautiful to see so much passion around this game 👍👍
whoever will win' it will win' the passion ,congratulations my friends :cheers::cheers:

one new video of mine, is not very convinced of the result :nervous:
in this period I have physical problems,if my health will improve' I will try' to make new video ;)


bye bye ,ciao!!

 
I want to make the compliments to everybody :)every video transmits strong passion ,and' beautiful to see so much passion around this game 👍👍
whoever will win' it will win' the passion ,congratulations my friends :cheers::cheers:

one new video of mine, is not very convinced of the result :nervous:
in this period I have physical problems,if my health will improve' I will try' to make new video ;)


bye bye ,ciao!!


pino-r you never fail to impress. Great job. I really like the "earth" part of the intro. The transition from real life in Suzuka to GT5p was excellent as well. I also like the final words. Hope you feel better:tup:.

If I were to be a critic I would say leave out the GT5p part and just make the whole thing end with GT5. The trailer with the music from batman was better on its own. You could integrate that footage with the music you used in the first part of the trailer and get rid of the Batman music. Thats just my take, do whatever you feel is right.

I better get cracking on v1.5 of mine. Hell I may even need to make a whole new trailer if this keeps up.
 
I want to make the compliments to everybody :)every video transmits strong passion ,and' beautiful to see so much passion around this game 👍👍
whoever will win' it will win' the passion ,congratulations my friends :cheers::cheers:

one new video of mine, is not very convinced of the result :nervous:
in this period I have physical problems,if my health will improve' I will try' to make new video ;)


bye bye ,ciao!!



personally i wouldnt call it passion, i would just call it slight interest. and i liked your video, music went with the clips well.

by the way, paksowitz, if you would like a great tutorial on how to do the night footage go on www.videocopilot.net and click on tutorials. then there is one called day to night conversion, it is made by andrew kramer.
 
Ok that kind of stuff is beyond me. I do not have $1000 for Adobe After Affects let alone $200 for their effects software.
 
well i'm just using the trial aswell. i havent purchased it.

anyway, here is a video of what can be done :

[youtubehd]PU1K8yHF5Eg[/youtubehd]
 
^^ That's unbelievable! That's probably very close to what it would (hopefully will) look like.
 
Quite nice, the light cones on the road are too small and are moving too much though. ;)
 
Quite nice, the light cones on the road are too small and are moving too much though. ;)

Yeah watch the tutorial he posted. You will see why. You have to actually frame by frame write the effects in. Its very tedious. Honestly as nice an effect as it is, all the effort is not worth it... well at least to me.

If you (mu51im) decides to make a great trailer with all these effects more power to ya but I do not have that kind of time. Mine took about I would say a good 3-4 hours of actual work (finding all the videos, converting them, making the movie and then converting that). Anything beyond I just cannot spare.
 
yeah i wont make a trailer with all that. that video was only to show what was possible. spending all that time is a stupid thing to do.
 
Back