Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

davenixdorf
Michael Denny, senior vice-president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s Worldwide Studios recently had this to say ....

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” Denny listed. “It’s important for our content to have that kind of longevity because, as I was saying [about the PS Vita], the games that come through are going to get better and better over time.”

source: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/31603-scee-worldwide-studios-svp/

This is the third time this has been brought up, I'm pretty sure it's an error of some sort. I've emailed the author of the article for clarification.

This is the third time this has been brought up, I'm pretty sure it's an error of some sort. I've emailed the author of the article for clarification.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had a quick flick through but couldn't see anything!

Mods please close if necessary.

Well this is the first time it's had it's own thread so it should be fine, I just meant it's the third time it's turned up on the forum.

Just saw this on NeoGAF.

It must be a slip up. I don't believe that they'll really do that with PS4 launching this year.

I REALLY hope this is true. I so do not want a PS4, with its one-game-per-disk "anti-piracy" crap. And I got my PS3 two years ago. I am not getting a new console this quickly unless my PS3 were to stop working and it could not be repaired.

Could be that they didn't want to waste all the dev money spent on getting to know the ps3 so they're pushing out one more title before moving on, each playstation generation have gotten 2 Gran turismo title as well, so there's that.

Overall I do want them to move onto the newer platform but there's still lot of life left in the ps3.

I REALLY hope this is true. I so do not want a PS4, with its one-game-per-disk "anti-piracy" crap. And I got my PS3 two years ago. I am not getting a new console this quickly unless my PS3 were to stop working and it could not be repaired.

The what one-game-per-disk "anti-piracy" crap? If you're referring to it not playing used game that's not true.

I just don't see what GT6 on PS3 can bring to the table that is new, fresh, exciting, and innovative. All I can really imagine is a slightly improved GT5 with more cars and tracks. GT6 on PS4 however has me excited about the possibilities. Sony, please don't make the mistake of releasing the latest GT on an old console after it's successor is released. This isn't Beyond: Two Souls or some last swan song for the PS3, it is your premier franchise and has to be on your premier system.

It just doesn't make any sense when the game hasn't been officially announced yet, meaning it's at least 1 year away. AAA games aren't announced and released within a year. PS4 will be here by December, why would the biggest franchise launch on PS3 within the following six months?

Impossible. UNLESS, PD decides to release the game like a 1964 Honda Civic with all sorts of stuff wrong with it, but I think they would like money instead of that. :lol: PS4 won't come out until late this year or early next year, so bye bye Gran Turismo on PS3.

GT6 on PS3 is not going to happen and will tick off a lot of people who are fans of GT. I highly doubt Sony would even want GT6 on the old seccessor over its new seccessor (which is better and easier to make games on), it just ain't right. Plus GT6 wouldn't even look any different anyways, so GT6 NEEDS to be on the PS4.

Btw, that must be an mistake the author must of wrote up imo.

I do think it would be slightly strange for it to release on the PS3, especially after we had Kaz hyping the PS4 at the launch event earlier this week.

I guess it would make sense from a financial perspective, due to the massive PS3 install base but PD have always been a company to push technical boundaries and being so close to Sony they must have had access to a dev-kit for atleast 18 months ... makes you wonder what they've been doing since GT5 launched!

So what, GT6 is going to be announced within the next few months whilst PS4 hype train picks up steam, then GT6 is released early next year once PS4 is released and other next gen racing games are already out there, like perhaps Forza 5? It's illogical.

A couple games were named to be on the PS4 and PS3 (Diablo III), so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah but this guy was specifically mentioning PS3 titles that wouldn't be playable on the PS4.

I can't wait for it to be officially announced for PS3. I'd like to see how everyone's positions do a 180 at that point. "Oh, well yeah, of course it just makes sense to sell to a much larger installed base versus the small base of a new console. PD is smart like that." All the melodrama will die down and worship will resume as normal.

I just don't see what GT6 on PS3 can bring to the table that is new, fresh, exciting, and innovative.

Well I called it like many others did-GT6 on PS3. If FMS can produce 2,3 and 4 including Horizon on 360, I think Kaz and PD can release a decent "upgraded" product of GT6. What that will look like will remain to be seen.

Last edited:
Back