Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

Grand Prix
So I don't have to buy a PS4, of course. :D
And Sony want you to buy a PS4. What do you think they'll do? Release GT6 on PS4.

But...
Maybe the Next-Gen Gran Turismo needs more time and they'll work on GT6 and GT7. In the meantime they'll release GT6 on PS3 and develop GT7 for PS4.

Anyway I think GT6 is a PS4 game.

When I look at my Gran Turismo collection, here is what I see..

Gran Turismo 1 and 2 on the PS1
Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on the PS2
Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.

There is a trend here, so no one should be shocked if GT6 is a PS3 title. With that said, Amar posted a cryptic riddle that "SIX would be saved for the Four" and until proven otherwise I am going to take his word for it.

And Sony want you to buy a PS4. What do you think they'll do? Release GT6 on PS4.

But...
Maybe the Next-Gen Gran Turismo needs more time and they'll work on GT6 and GT7. In the meantime they'll release GT6 on PS3 and develop GT7 for PS4.

Anyway I think GT6 is a PS4 game.

I won't purchase a PS4 and GT6 unless the game gets really awesome reviews and good feedback on GTP. I'm certainly not buying a PS4 before it comes out.

The purchase also depends on if my online racing buddies like it. It's pointless to obtain when all they'll play is Project CARS, iRacing, Asseto Corsa and rFactor 2.

GT6 for PS3 while we wait a bit longer for another GT title for PS4, I am guessing it will have a new title name, something like GT Pro Revolution " the ultimate driving simulator ", a new physics engine that will compete with PC sims, all next gen graphics and features.

I am day dreaming :lol:

If PS4 weren't in sight, and GT5 had been on schedule, I think this sentence may be accurate.

As it stands, GT5 isn't that old (really) PS4 is almost here (finally), so I would put this down as an unfortunate slip of the tounge.

Personally, I think he is getting the release of games of each system confused. We'll see though. I'm hoping they don't waste another GT title on the PS3, GT5P and GT5 were enough. It's time to move on, dev'ing on the new system should be easier and it won't be strained by little to no RAM *glares at PS3*

Jerome

I don’t know why anyone ever would have thought GT6 was going to be a PS4 title.

I’m sure that Michael Denny has a lot on his plate, and at the time he more than likely didn’t even realize that there had not yet been an announcement about GT6. He is probably catching hell for his comments now. I am sure Kaz and Yoshida must be pissed. Especially Yoshida after his big dodge of the question about GT6 (“Only Day One, Many More Days Ahead”)

I have NEVER seen a credible piece of evidence that would make me believe GT6 was going to be on the PS4. Not one. Nothing but opinions, speculation, and oh yeah – the timeline. You guys seem to forget the PS3 is a great piece of hardware. Full HD, just like our TVs.
There is much room for improvement in the graphics department of GT, but I’m sure they have been working on that. I was at a shortish Eiger rally track – no pits – but sitting in the pit lounge (parked on the side of the track)– the camera view was out of the car and I could see the weeds blowing in the wind every time a car passed by. The PS3 has much more to give than what we saw in GT5. My thought is that GT6 will be a major improvement in that department + have enough tracks to knock my hat off!

That for me is more than worth the price of admission.

Kaz, himself said GT6 was based on the GT5 operating system. He said work had begun after release of GT5.
The GT Academy winner saw the game in progress long before we heard anything about the devkits shipping. Not sure if he actually had a hat at the time but you know what he said.

This new PS4 is a whole new animal. I have got no idea what PD has in store for us with all of the new social stuff. I am sure we will get a glimpse though when GT7 Prologue is released for the PS4.

I agree with GT6 being a PS4 title BUT, Kaz did mention on Feb. 20, PS4 allowing a clean slate to build. So, if PD were already working on GT6 3 years ago, EVEN IF it is easy to port the programs(info/data) from GT5 to PS4, hmm, I wonder if GT6 just may be released for PS3 and then ported with updates( seems too crazy) to PS4. I believe GT6 will be on PS4 but, again I'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.

I don’t know why anyone ever would have thought GT6 was going to be a PS4 title.

I’m sure that Michael Denny has a lot on his plate, and at the time he more than likely didn’t even realize that there had not yet been an announcement about GT6. He is probably catching hell for his comments now. I am sure Kaz and Yoshida must be pissed. Especially Yoshida after his big dodge of the question about GT6 (“Only Day One, Many More Days Ahead”)

I have NEVER seen a credible piece of evidence that would make me believe GT6 was going to be on the PS4. Not one. Nothing but opinions, speculation, and oh yeah – the timeline. You guys seem to forget the PS3 is a great piece of hardware. Full HD, just like our TVs.
There is much room for improvement in the graphics department of GT, but I’m sure they have been working on that. I was at a shortish Eiger rally track – no pits – but sitting in the pit lounge (parked on the side of the track)– the camera view was out of the car and I could see the weeds blowing in the wind every time a car passed by. The PS3 has much more to give than what we saw in GT5. My thought is that GT6 will be a major improvement in that department + have enough tracks to knock my hat off!

What you said here is also speculation and opinion, no credible evidence of anything. Especially the improvement in graphics part. What makes you so sure in that major graphics improvement on PS3?

Kaz, himself said GT6 was based on the GT5 operating system. He said work had begun after release of GT5.
The GT Academy winner saw the game in progress long before we heard anything about the devkits shipping. Not sure if he actually had a hat at the time but you know what he said.

Kaz says a lot of things. They could have changed their development plans many times since he said that. That quote doesn't necessarily mean anything now.

GT6 will not be ready until way after the ps4 is on the shelves, how could they then release it as a ps3 game? No way imo.

It just doesn't make any sense when the game hasn't been officially announced yet, meaning it's at least 1 year away. AAA games aren't announced and released within a year. PS4 will be here by December, why would the biggest franchise launch on PS3 within the following six months?

I remember when I made the exact same argument(among others) over a year ago when someone thought that GT6 would come to PS3. :P

Last edited:
dude.. I sold my PS3 waiting for GT6 on PS4.
I already played GT5 almost a year... Lvl 40/40 all gold trophies..

It's freakin unbelievable!

Although it doesn't make much sense, PD may have decided to launch the GT5-based GT6 on PS3 and begun working on a new engine for PS4 since it's more friendly to program. But I don't know why would they do that this close to the PS4 launch.
Just a theory I thought.

MisterWhiskers
:banghead: WHAT?! The graphics will look A LOT better. Maybe similar to real life. Have you seen some of the gameplay on the PS4?

I was talking about if they release it for PS3. It may look slight better. But it would be better off on PS4

Why the heck would they release GT6 on PS3 seriously? How could it possibly differ from DLC? Better graphics, physics? Hardly. It doesn't really make sense. And few people and sources stated it's coming for PS4 anyway.

What are they going to add in GT6 on PS3 that they can't add to GT5 via updates and DLC..?

It can't be.

The PS3 isn't going to have any more memory than last time, so why would PD release another tech limited game on old hardware when they could use something a lot more powerful? I think many people who bought GT5 were disappointed, so the sales wouldn't necessarily be too great, where as on the PS4 a larger portion of the install base would likely get the new Gran Turismo.

We've all done it. Probably just a slip of the tongue, but a man in his position should be well trained against that sort of thing. He clearly lacks discipline! :P

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I do expect something for the PS3 from PD between now and the launch of GT6 (on PS4.) That's only bolstered by Amar's notion of "finger food" for the PS3, which implies some more DLC, but I'm hoping for something a bit more substantial - like a full-on expansion, specifically TT.

I will admit that I'm surprised the PS4 is coming as soon as this Yuletide, but then I didn't know how generic the hardware was going to be.

I've just thought how simple it'd be to get GT out on day 1 of the PS4's release. Just put all the cars and tracks that have been modeled since GT5 was released, tidy up all the features already present in GT5 and homogenise everything (e.g. weather, day / night, RMs etc.), plus expand the GT mode and online, and that'd probably do it. Save all the really innovative stuff for the next game.

Of course, PD won't do that, they'll genuinely push for "innovation" for GT6, stumble across severe difficulties, and we'll not see it at launch. Also, that idea would require us gamers to accept that we can't have everything, which will never happen, either...

Of course, PD won't do that, they'll genuinely push for "innovation" for GT6, stumble across severe difficulties, and we'll not see it at launch.
That's a good thing in my opinion though. GT has never been a launch title anyway.

In fact, I'd be happy if there is only one GT title for next gen. They can keep it up to date with updates and DLC.

Back