Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

GT6 will not be ready until way after the ps4 is on the shelves, how could they then release it as a ps3 game? No way imo.

Yeap its true, but also remember that presently some games are release for the PS3 and PS2 console ...

If they have already done work on GT6, then GT6 on PS4 isn't likely to be released on PS4. PS4 basically uses mid-ish range PC hardware, and it's not really that simple to port over something coded for Cell to what is most likely renamed AMD Piledriver.

When I look at my Gran Turismo collection, here is what I see..

Gran Turismo 1 and 2 on the PS1
Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on the PS2
Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.

There is a trend here, so no one should be shocked if GT6 is a PS3 title.
It's a fairly meaningless trend and ignores many other factors. It even ignores some games, like GT5P which when combined with GT5's timeline could easily take the place of the "first game".

I run an online room every night. The only problem with GT5 is the lack of tracks.
I suppose this is opinion, but there were many more issues with GT5. Also if the only issue is tracks, why not release more DLC?

I can't wait until GT6 comes out. I don't care what platform it comes out on.
I think many do care though. Graphics is an issue for some. I'm looking forward to physics and further immersion while racing (AI, cars on track, damage, weather). PS4 would allow much more than PS3. I don't see much of a reason to buy another PS3 based GT.

PS4 is going to be far better than a PS3. It's like comparing a 8 year old low end gaming computer (CPU doesn't matter much for gaming, it does have crazy raw compute power though) to a current gen $850-900-ish computer.

Like I said in another thread something happening only twice isn't a trend.

It's silly anyway because...

ps1: Motor Toon Grand Prix, Motor Toon Grand Prix 2, Gran Turismo, Omega Boost, Gran Turismo 2

ps2: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo, Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul, Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 4 Toyota MTRC Version, Gran Turismo 4 Toyota Prius Edition, Gran Turismo 4 Nissan 350Z Limited Edition, Tourist Trophy

ps3: Gran Turismo HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Gran Turismo 5

Last edited:
I already answered in "Do you want GT6 for both PS3+PS4" thread.

Bottom line: GT6 on Ps3? NEVER-GONNA-HAPPEN.

I think the best part about all this could be that those who are adamant that it will not be on PS3 could end up with egg on their faces.

I have NEVER seen a credible piece of evidence that would make me believe GT6 was going to be on the PS4. Not one. Nothing but opinions, speculation, and oh yeah – the timeline. You guys seem to forget the PS3 is a great piece of hardware.

It's not evidence no, it's sound logic.

The PS4 will be on shelves before the end of 2013 - Fact.
Gran Turismo is the biggest selling PS exclusive franchise - Fact.
Gran Turismo 6 has not been officially announced yet - Fact.
No first party SCE game has been announced for PS3 since E3 2012 - Fact.
No AAA games are ever announced and released within 12 months - Fact.
No AAA first party games (nor any GT game) have ever been released for two consoles - Fact.
No Gran Turismo game has been released for the previous generation after the next generation has announced and released - Fact.

So with those facts in mind it's going to take an awful lot of firsts for GT6 to arrive on PS3.

So you think it will be released for the PS3, eh? Why?

Did I say that? No, I'm just saying those stating that it WILL be PS4 and there is no other possible platform should be careful in what they say.

Did I say that? No, I'm just saying those stating that it WILL be PS4 and there is no other possible platform should be careful in what they say.

If it does appear on PS3 I will be a man and admit I was totally wrong, I have no problem in doing so. I'll be completely amazed but still, no problem admitting I was wrong. I don't feel the need to be careful in what I'm saying because I'm very confident in what I'm saying.

I don’t know why anyone ever would have thought GT6 was going to be a PS4 title.

I’m sure that Michael Denny has a lot on his plate, and at the time he more than likely didn’t even realize that there had not yet been an announcement about GT6. He is probably catching hell for his comments now. I am sure Kaz and Yoshida must be pissed. Especially Yoshida after his big dodge of the question about GT6 (“Only Day One, Many More Days Ahead”)

I have NEVER seen a credible piece of evidence that would make me believe GT6 was going to be on the PS4. Not one. Nothing but opinions, speculation, and oh yeah – the timeline.
I'd imagine if GT6 was coming out for the PS3 anytime soon they would have announced it before they spent two hours last week announcing the PS4. I assume it's possible, yes. But so is Omega Boost 2.

No AAA first party games (nor any GT game) have ever been released for two consoles - Fact.
Twilight Princess.

We state that it WILL be on the PS4 because it's the ONLY thing that makes sense. Plus, IF they would be stupid enough to release it on the PS3 (Not gonna happen but IF) it's their loss because it will probably be a record low in sales.

Twilight Princess.

Fair enough, that one was already announced for the previous gen and then delayed and ported to the next gen though, if GT6 were announced for both consoles it'd be simultaneous now PS4 is already announced.

tumblr_miqih4lbAK1rs4cb2o1_500.png

He replied.

If Kaz stated that they had to scale back the premium cars for gt5 cause they were to "next gen" for the ps3, then why on earth would he do the same thing twice with gt6? Makes no sense.

Well we've all stated what we think, all we can do now is wait for the official announcement, most likely at E3.

This is PD we're talking about.. if it really was coming to PS3, it wouldn't be for another three years, and then no one would even have a PS3 anymore.

I imagine that the game was originally intended to be on PS3, but development was probably shifted about a year ago when they realized it wouldn't be released until after PS4 launch.

The premium cars are ready, ditch the standards, actually rebuild the f'in tracks this time, get a new sound engine for once, and it might actually be worthwhile on the new system.

This is PD we're talking about.. if it really was coming to PS3, it wouldn't be for another three years, and then no one would even have a PS3 anymore.

OK, I'm going to file this under "useless hyperbole".
I imagine that the game was originally intended to be on PS3, but development was probably shifted about a year ago when they realized it wouldn't be released until after PS4 launch.

My guess is it's long been decided that GT6 was going to be on PS4. This is why DLC has only amounted to stuff that we already "knew" was in development even before GT5 launched. We know they were working on GT6 before GT5 was launched, too.
The premium cars are ready, ditch the standards, actually rebuild the f'in tracks this time, get a new sound engine for once, and it might actually be worthwhile on the new system.

I think the standards should be put in the museum, personally, the tracks will no doubt get a quality boost (they should have been making them to two separate standards, which might be why there haven't been many new ones), and the sound engine is possibly the best in the business, it's the samples that are lacking in one way or another, and that will be helped by lots of memory. Educate yourself, and maybe your posts might actually be worthwhile. ;)

Back