Gran Turismo 6 general Physics Discussion(as well as video)

I drove the stock Huayra at Bathurst on comfort medium - arcade time trial, no abs or other aids, it was very much drivable, didn't have the violent lift off oversteer. Maybe it's the way I am driving ? Of course I had to be careful with the brake and throttle ( wheelspin even in 4th gear on certain conditions :lol: ) There's a thread about Lancia Stratos being undrivable, I did a few laps driving stock Stratos 15th anniversary with comfort hard tire at Nurb GP/F - no abs as well, and managed 2:39s easily - could be a second or 2 faster with more laps. I had several power over on exit, but under braking, it was pretty much great - nice turn in as long as I took care the rear end. IMO, braking, tire and suspension physics are huge improvement over GT5. I can feel more feedback even with stick controller :D

After driving the Stratos I was afraid the YB and BTR would be crazy...hopefully it's patched..the Stratos was wild but controllable within reason in GT5...not so much in GT6:lol:
YB on GT6 was one Of first must buys, great handling, if you remember to keep on right rev area.

YB on GT6 was one Of first must buys, great handling, if you remember to keep on right rev area.
I did a couple of laps in the RGT and then the BTR last night. The RGT is an absolute beast now, the "feel" of the car is much better than in GT5. It drives like a track day car. BTR was less grippy but much more manageable than the "problem" cars like the Cizeta.

Actually, regarding this, I guess the tuning menu says that the racing brake kit will prevent fade. This would imply that brake fade is indeed modeled in some manner, but does anyone have any evidence either proving or disproving this matter?
That can be felt by driving heavy car and braking from high speed near to zero, you'll see how it's just going constant speed after some point. So I'll claim it's modelled there

Yeah the Cizeta loves to slide. I didn´t read previous posts about it but I don´t think it´s a problem or something that needs fixing. Two V8 engines (basically) plus two hughe coolers plus a 120L fuel tank is a lot of weight that wants to follow where the G´s lead it. Add ballast to the front perhaps? Helped me with a VX220, turns like a dream when its on 50:50.

That can be felt by driving heavy car and braking from high speed near to zero, you'll see how it's just going constant speed after some point. So I'll claim it's modelled there
Got to try that right away. Sure though? Last braking tests I did left me thinking that brake balance doesn´t work at all, same results either on 10/10 (ABS1) ; 0/0 (ABS1) 5/5 ABS1. ABS off and 0/10 doesn´t do what it should either, front and back block equally.

Yeah the Cizeta loves to slide. I didn´t read previous posts about it but I don´t think it´s a problem or something that needs fixing. Two V8 engines (basically) plus two hughe coolers plus a 120L fuel tank is a lot of weight that wants to follow where the G´s lead it. Add ballast to the front perhaps? Helped me with a VX220, turns like a dream when its on 50:50.

Got to try that right away. Sure though? Last braking tests I did left me thinking that brake balance doesn´t work at all, same results either on 10/10 (ABS1) ; 0/0 (ABS1) 5/5 ABS1. ABS off and 0/10 doesn´t do what it should either, front and back block equally.

without ABS is the same effect! 0/0 balance the car shold not be able to stops!

Back on the subject of torque steer. Alfa Romeo on the Super Licence test 2 at Willow Springs. Flooring it there I had some heavy torque steer. Sometimes I was able to launch straight or with very minor torque steer, sometimes the car pulled hard to the left or right (had both happen for some reason).

Do we really need to go back over like 5 pages of discussion? I know exactly what torque steer is, you would know that if you had read more than 2 posts in the thread.

You're right, I didn't read through the entire thread. I do know what torque steer is though...

I wasn't having a go at you, just checking that you understood the concept. Torque steer only effects cars which drive through the wheels that steer (i.e. fwd)

I'm not qualified to speak scientifically on torque steer, but here's an interesting observation from some recent GT6 drag racing. Ok so in gt5 my drag tunes were usually launch in 2nd or 3rd with enough gearing that the engine couldn't spin into the rev limiter, this still works in GT6, sort of. Yes it launches well if you can keep it strait enough (very difficult sometimes), but if I launch in first (burning my tires profusely into the rpm redline) it goes strait as an arrow. The higher the gear and the higher the wheel speed over your vehicle speed the worse it is.
*NOTE* all tests were done on the Indy back strait on RS Tires in RWD cars. The new Shelby GT500 was the test bed (maxed out), although many other drag cars exhibited the same behavior, (the new Stingracer being one of the worst).
Just an observation, please, continue.

Torque steer only effects cars which drive through the wheels that steer (i.e. fwd)
That's the strict definition of torque steer and the only form that will affect the steering itself, but the term is also used to describe the unequal application of torque you can get from any drivetrain layout when one wheel out-spins another.

That's the strict definition of torque steer and the only form that will affect the steering itself, but the term is also used to describe the unequal application of torque you can get from any drivetrain layout when one wheel out-spins another.

I've never heard of it being used in that context, but I understand what you mean. In a RWD car it won't have the effect of "pulling" on the steering wheel like it would in a FWD car, which is why you wouldn't normally call it torque steer

Amazing what PD achieved with its physics...that happened to me a couple of minutes ago...Just wanted to share because it was in the very same spot as in real life.

Y6dpLRc.jpg

Bf0U1hK.jpg

k4pIgRA.jpg

CId0kee.jpg

Gmcc3S2.jpg

0uo7bqb.jpg

Despite the angles it is impossible to take the pictures in the same place as the original...I tried to catch the more accurate as possible angles.

I raced against these guys in GT5 with aids end abs off and there was no problem,and yesterday there was no problem until I beat them 7 of 7 races with Lotus Elise, after that they were convinced that I use aids.
Everyone who has competed with me online knows that I'm not bad boy.

Amazing what PD achieved with its physics...that happened to me a couple of minutes ago...Just wanted to share because it was in the very same spot as in real life.

Y6dpLRc.jpg

Bf0U1hK.jpg

k4pIgRA.jpg

CId0kee.jpg

Gmcc3S2.jpg

0uo7bqb.jpg

Despite the angles it is impossible to take the pictures in the same place as the original...I tried to catch the more accurate as possible angles.

Very cool!

Just noticed something totally awesome during the 24min LeMans race:

Race started wet (no rain drops) at 52%, 2 minutes later it was at %30% when it started to rain again until the end of the night. Race was totally dry in the morning (0%), yet whenever I left the race line I could see spray coming up as if the track was still wet outside the line. Thats great IMO, I just wonder if PD had not enough time to model drying tracks.

Just noticed something totally awesome during the 24min LeMans race:

Race started wet (no rain drops) at 52%, 2 minutes later it was at %30% when it started to rain again until the end of the night. Race was totally dry in the morning (0%), yet whenever I left the race line I could see spray coming up as if the track was still wet outside the line. Thats great IMO, I just wonder if PD had not enough time to model drying tracks.
There's a whole thread discussing it and it was already like that in GT5.

Latest Posts

Back