Gran Turismo 6 Master Car/Track List

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 906 comments
I think he's referring to the Moto GP layout. The final series of corners, or maybe just the hairpin area right near the end, I can't remember, was modified. They also race the other way around. But I'm glad PD included the older F1 layout instead, especially with F1 cars in the game.

GT5's Indy Road Course is a mix of both the F1 and MotoGP layouts.

They took the current MotoGP layout, but runs it in the reverse way, as F1 did, and skips the Snake Pit (the twisty section for MotoGP). ;)

They took the current MotoGP layout, but runs it in the reverse way, as F1 did, and skips the Snake Pit (the twisty section for MotoGP). ;)

How can it be a mix when it's exactly like the 2006 and earlier F1 layout? The MotoGP layout shares most of the same track, but it's completely different in two parts. The GT5 version is exactly like this.

Well, I was referring mostly to the circuit's surroundings -- the trees are more autumn-like, there are leaves on the grass, and possibly normal trees around the circuit have been a bit touched up. I guess it's not a big difference at all, but it's certainly noticeable whereas Grand Valley literally looks the exact same. Regardless of the time change, Autumn Ring looks different.
The base is taken from the GT5, but it's heavily modified. All the trees are changed (they look better from certain angles but at the same time they have way less polys, compared to the GT5 ones), walls in the surroundings are better modeled, there's 3D grass behind the barriers and some small plants near the road.

On the other hand Gran Valley is still 100% the same model, which was used in GT5 and GT4. Only the road and "grass" textures (only the closest ones) were changed since GT4.

I've said this before, but I have the strangest feeling that they will reveal Bathurst and Seattle at the same time. I think this because maybe they are not counting the goodwood track because it is too short? Well I don't know what will happen but I'm hopeing my theory will happen?

I guess it's not a big difference at all, but it's certainly noticeable whereas Grand Valley literally looks the exact same. Regardless of the time change, Autumn Ring looks different.

Yes, but the difference is so small that the only thing I noticed was the different grass and I didn´t took the grass change as relevant.

This is the F1 track. It is also the track in GT5:
500px-Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_road_course.svg.png

This is the MotoGP track:
500px-Indianapolis_Moto_GP.svg.png

Note that it goes counter-clockwise, unlike the car course.

Grand-Am has recently used this course, which is similar to the GT5 one:
INDY_grand-am_map.png

And here is what it will be next year for IndyCar:
indianapolis-road-course-20.gif

Last edited:
This is the F1 track. It is also the track in GT5:

This is the MotoGP track:

Note that it goes clockwise, unlike the car course.

Grand-Am has recently used this course, which is similar to the GT5 one:

And here is what it will be next year for IndyCar:

Just to let you know: your clocks are running backwards :)

... Big Post of awesome Indy info...

Dude! That is a great post that really cleared some things up. Thanks man!

And that new layout for Indycar.... :drool: It looks like the most fun of them all. PD, are you guys seeing this? Let's keep these track layouts relevant, please. The entire area is already modelled, just a few small changes and we've got a 2014 party.

(and there ain't no party like a 2014 party..)

Dude! That is a great post that really cleared some things up. Thanks man!

And that new layout for Indycar.... :drool: It looks like the most fun of them all. PD, are you guys seeing this? Let's keep these track layouts relevant, please. The entire area is already modelled, just a few small changes and we've got a 2014 party.

(and there ain't no party like a 2014 party..)

I too would love to see these kinds of updates, leaving the current version of the track in the game as well. Relatively small amount of work for PD but adding to the track layout count and giving us more options for racing.

I too would love to see these kinds of updates, leaving the current version of the track in the game as well. Relatively small amount of work for PD but adding to the track layout count and giving us more options for racing.

This "relatively small amount of work" includes getting a whole team there with equipment every time minor changes are made to a track, so that people won't complain how inaccurate it's represented in the game.

I must say I'd rather have one additional new track introduced to the game than, say, five yearly updates to the same track.

This "relatively small amount of work" includes getting a whole team there with equipment every time minor changes are made to a track ...

What? Why? Nobody here is asking for millimeter accuracy on these updates. If PD can't make a couple small layout changes to an existing environment, then what good are they as programmers/gamemakers?

snowgt, I respect your credentials, but your statement sounds like an excuse. Please tell me that this excuse is just a placeholder...

:sly:

This "relatively small amount of work" includes getting a whole team there with equipment every time minor changes are made to a track, so that people won't complain how inaccurate it's represented in the game.

I must say I'd rather have one additional new track introduced to the game than, say, five yearly updates to the same track.

Yes, relatively minor. When a new section is added to, or taken away from a track, PD need only model the changes to the track, not the entire track. 75, 80, maybe 90% of the course remains the same, the scenery remains the same. It's maybe 5-10% of the work of adding a whole new track, which is, relatively minor.

What if seattle is a couse maker area?

We will have to wait for actual confirmation. Remember the Citroen GTbyCitroen trailer and all the venues it showed off? A good number of those (the concrete track, the night city track with the hill and that parking garage) were never seen in the actual game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEOogKyGUI

In all honestly, I should remove the Ginza District photomode area from the list as well.

Plus don't forget some new tracks hinted in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue weather widget tracks.
- Estoril
- Hockenheim
- Imola
- Jerez
- Magny-Cours
- Shanghai
- Zolder

From the 11 tracks hinted initially only 4 are currently present on GT6: Brands Hatch, Monza, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps.

Plus don't forget some new tracks hinted in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue weather widget tracks.
- Estoril
- Hockenheim
- Imola
- Jerez
- Magny-Cours
- Shanghai
- Zolder

From the 11 tracks hinted initially only 4 are currently present on GT6: Brands Hatch, Monza, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps.

Maybe PD has those planned for DLC. I mean, they're doing monthly dlc right? Those courses could be what they have in mind for it.

Maybe PD has those planned for DLC. I mean, they're doing monthly dlc right? Those courses could be what they have in mind for it.

My thoughts excatly. 👍 So that's why Kaz is confident in doing monthly Track DLC, hmm makes sense with those hinted tracks being just that. Nice.

d(^u^)b

WARNING. WARNING. TRAJECTORY VEERING OFF INTO DANGEROUS TERRITORIES. DIVERT COURSE.

Seriously folks, setting yourselves up for disappointment doesn't really cover it.

WARNING. WARNING. TRAJECTORY VEERING OFF INTO DANGEROUS TERRITORIES. DIVERT COURSE.

Seriously folks, setting yourselves up for disappointment doesn't really cover it.

I was just making another theory, it doesn't mean I'm going to expect those tracks to come to GT6.

I just thought those hinted tracks could've been good examples of being track DLC. Than again, I'll be awaiting for any classic GT tracks such as Tahiti Road.

What? Why? Nobody here is asking for millimeter accuracy on these updates. If PD can't make a couple small layout changes to an existing environment, then what good are they as programmers/gamemakers?

Yes, relatively minor. When a new section is added to, or taken away from a track, PD need only model the changes to the track, not the entire track. 75, 80, maybe 90% of the course remains the same, the scenery remains the same. It's maybe 5-10% of the work of adding a whole new track, which is, relatively minor.

Nobody here is asking for that kind of accuracy? A lot of what I'm reading here is criticism for the tiniest inaccuracies. I have read posts from people that wanted the company logos painted on the ground on some track to be changed, because they had changed from one year to the next. As if that would make any difference to playing the game. (and if I hear anyone mentioning the word "immersion" again (like they couldn't "feel" the game, if the wrong billboards are on the side of the road), I'm going to scream). Sorry, just had to get that out. I wasn't talking about your quotes in particular here.

The standard that many players and, by the looks of it, also PD expect the game to deliver, does not allow just quickly changing a corner. If they make an additional variation, the whole track is updated to the current state. They wouldn't just take a track version that's a couple of years old, put a changed corner in after making a couple of photos and pretend that track ever existed in that configuration in real life at any time.

Yes, it's true that it probably wouldn't take nearly as long as making a new track from scratch, but in my opinion it's an illusion to think that PD would go for a quick & dirty solution.

Yes, it's true that it probably wouldn't take nearly as long as making a new track from scratch, but in my opinion it's an illusion to think that PD would go for a quick & dirty solution.

That statement bears no relevance to my quoted response. I didn't ask for quick and dirty. Send out the scanning crew, scan all the changes to the track to the cm, return to the lab, put it together. If there are significant changes to some of the scenery, or parts of the rest of the track were patched or whatever, they can look at that too. Either way, it adds a new layout to the game and it's a tiny percentage of work compared to a new layout from scratch.

I just thought those hinted tracks could've been good examples of being track DLC. Than again, I'll be awaiting for any classic GT tracks such as Tahiti Road.
Speaking of classic tracks, I recall a post on here roughly a year ago stating a few of the classic GT tracks names were found by a users/code breaker. It went on to list 15 tracks or more and all the oldies but, goodies were there. At the time the thinking was DLC. Now more than ever a classic track DLC would be just what's needed.

Now that the 7 new tracks have been confirmed, can we figure out what the 19 new variations are (source: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html)?

We know:

Mt Panorama
Bathurst​
Silverstone
National
International
GP
Stowe?
Brands Hatch
GP
Indy?
Goodwood
Hillclimb​
Willow Springs
Big Willow
Horse Thief Mile?
Streets of Willow?
Matterhorn
Multiple variations​
Apricot Hill
Raceway​

That makes for 12 variations, plus the number of variations of Matterhorn, and that is already making a few assumtions. So unless Matterhorn has 7 variations, or the given number was wrong, we are still missing quite a few.

Last edited:
Speaking of classic tracks, I recall a post on here roughly a year ago stating a few of the classic GT tracks names were found by a users/code breaker. It went on to list 15 tracks or more and all the oldies but, goodies were there. At the time the thinking was DLC. Now more than ever a classic track DLC would be just what's needed.

Ahh yes I remember that. I wonder if PD is going to add those tracks one by one, or release them in a pack.

But those tracks must have at least day/night cycles. ;)

Back