Gran Turismo 6 Master Car/Track List

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 906 comments
Now that the 7 new tracks have been confirmed, can we figure out what the 19 new variations are (source: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html)?

We know:

Mt Panorama
Bathurst​
Silverstone
National
International
GP
Stowe?​
Brands Hatch
GP
Indy?​
Goodwood
Hillclimb​
Willow Springs
Big Willow
Horse Thief Mile?
Streets of Willow?​
Matterhorn
Multiple variations​
Apricot Hill
Raceway​

That makes for 12 variations, plus the number of variations of Matterhorn, and that is already making a few assumtions. So unless Matterhorn has 7 variations, or the given number was wrong, we are still missing quite a few.

Just a guess but I'm hoping they add a couple of variations for Apricot Hill and Matterhorn. 2 each would bring the total missing down to 3.

Just a guess but I'm hoping they add a couple of variations for Apricot Hill and Matterhorn. 2 each would bring the total missing down to 3.
From the videos of Matterhorn, it is obvious that it has quite a few variations, I'm guessing it would have around 4. I don't think they will add a new Apricot hill variation. That way you're missing 3 (assuming my other guesses are all included).

One explanation could be the addition of new variations on existing tracks, like:
Suzuka west
SSRX infield
maybe some kart tracks (like the one at Spa)

PaMu1337
One explanation could be the addition of new variations on existing tracks, like:
Suzuka west
SSRX infield
maybe some kart tracks (like the one at Spa)

I have this weird feeling that ssr11 is inside ssrx

I have this weird feeling that ssr11 is inside ssrx
SSR11 is in a city, SSRX does not contain a city. What I meant was the test-track like facilities in the infield, which can be seen from the track.

I might be in the minority, but I am rather satisfied with the track list as it stands. Sure there are some names missing, but overall, it is really solid.

I might be in the minority, but I am rather satisfied with the track list as it stands. Sure there are some names missing, but overall, it is really solid.

I agree with you 100%. seems like everyone wants every single track in the world to be included lol.

I just wish PD would stop playing and would release a official track/car list for GT6 already!

I am satisfied with the track list as well, especially on the "World Circuits" section.

I remember Kaz saying that Goodwood's rally course would be added through DLC from a interview. 👍

But I too agree, the track list is looking perfect already, I mean Brands Hatch hurray!!!!

I remember Kaz saying that Goodwood's rally course would be added through DLC from a interview. 👍

It's thinking like this that leads to disappointment. All he said was that he liked the course and it may get added (not sure if DLC or just in general in future). He's also said something similar about the Shanghai circuit that he likes it and it may be on the list in the future.

It's not quite the same as saying it will be added in DLC. There's no guarantee at all.

It's thinking like this that leads to disappointment. All he said was that he liked the course and it may get added (not sure if DLC or just in general in future). He's also said something similar about the Shanghai circuit that he likes it and it may be on the list in the future.

It's not quite the same as saying it will be added in DLC. There's no guarantee at all.

Well even if its not added, I won't care at all. :P

This is the F1 track. It is also the track in GT5:
500px-Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_road_course.svg.png

This is the MotoGP track:
500px-Indianapolis_Moto_GP.svg.png

Note that it goes counter-clockwise, unlike the car course.

Grand-Am has recently used this course, which is similar to the GT5 one:
INDY_grand-am_map.png

And here is what it will be next year for IndyCar:
indianapolis-road-course-20.gif

It should be noted that the F1 track no longer exists, per Google Maps satellite imagery. The old 9-10 complex has been reconfigured to match the Grand-Am and MotoGP arrangement.

It's thinking like this that leads to disappointment. All he said was that he liked the course and it may get added (not sure if DLC or just in general in future). He's also said something similar about the Shanghai circuit that he likes it and it may be on the list in the future. It's not quite the same as saying it will be added in DLC. There's no guarantee at all.

Shanghai hasn't been fully molded and put on display in a public demo. Has it?

SSR11 is in a city, SSRX does not contain a city. What I meant was the test-track like facilities in the infield, which can be seen from the track.

I'd be happy if they put Complex String there. The speed test would be on the oval, handling tests would be well covered by the String in the infield...

👍

Kaz could admit to being a prolific twitcher and before you'd know it we'd have people commenting on how GT6 is going to have flocks of AI pigeons and realistic effects of guano on paint.

Bandimere Speedway? That's interesting, that would mean a drag strip:

2446349263_ec9ff3fce0_z.jpg

badimere_speedway.jpg

Unless it's a different Bandimere, but this is the only one that comes up. Unless it's an obscure one, then I guess they've experimented with a drag strip? Which is odd, because if they needed one, they could bring back Infineon Raceway and have one right down the middle. Then they'd also have two other layouts for circuit racing.

sat03.JPG

Which I guess from that image of the game files, they've also got Infineon in there, so I pray that track will be in GT6.

(referring to the Indianapolis Road Course)..

It should be noted that the F1 track no longer exists, per Google Maps satellite imagery. The old 9-10 complex has been reconfigured to match the Grand-Am and MotoGP arrangement.

Now THIS is worth noting. GT5's version of this track is physically gone.

In the world of motorsport, history is incredibly important and interesting. The reasons for keeping the GT5/Old F1 layout with the mickey-mouse section far outweigh any reason for deleting it. -It's modelled, and we all love more layouts. (especially if we could browse them by location instead of scrolling through every layout of every "world circuit" in some haphazard, time-wasting fashion.. ;) ... "Ohhhh PD, your tracklist is sooo huuuuge!" hahaha)

But in this world you also want to stay relevant, and staying on top of significant real-life track changes would be one of the top ways to accomplish this. When you publicly tout your game as a simulator that turns virtual drivers into real, one might expect that running a track in this game could give a race driver everything he needs to run it for real, exept for the fear and the g-forces. ..Unless he has a motion rig. :mischievous:

In the world of motorsport, history is incredibly important and interesting. The reasons for keeping the GT5/Old F1 layout with the mickey-mouse section far outweigh any reason for deleting it. -It's modelled, and we all love more layouts. (especially if we could browse them by location instead of scrolling through every layout of every "world circuit" in some haphazard, time-wasting fashion.. ;) ... "Ohhhh PD, your tracklist is sooo huuuuge!" hahaha)

I agree with both points. They should certainly keep the layout, but they should also add the new layout as well to keep things up to date, and simply add another variation to the track and the game.

And yes, I would much prefer if all track variations were listed in a sub menu after you select the main track. Maybe the Nordschleife can be separate from the GP Course (although that would make it strange when selecting combinations that use both), but I'm sick of searching for the right track in the main list between all the variations, especially when different variations of some tracks are not even grouped together. For example, Monza with no first chicane is nowhere near the normal track in the menu. Not sure if weather Monza is on its own as well.

Apricot and Matteehorn should be reversed. That leaves 5 to figure out.

Bathurst sans The Chase?

Bathurst Day only(no time change)

Silverstone Day only(no time change)

Thats 5 right there

Or, erase Bathurst sans The Chase and insert Apricot Hill Day only (no time change)

Apricot and Matteehorn should be reversed. That leaves 5 to figure out.

Bathurst sans The Chase?

Bathurst Day only(no time change)

Silverstone Day only(no time change)

Thats 5 right there

Or, erase Bathurst sans The Chase and insert Apricot Hill Day only (no time change)

Reverse courses, time change and weather variations are not counted towards the 70+ total variations. Otherwise you would have 90+ already now.

I sincerely hope they also merge time/weather-tracks with the static version, as this just overloads the menus. You can still set a time/weather-change track to constant track conditions - no need to make two out of it.

Bathurst sans The Chase?

Not going to happen, because PD have only ever removed chicanes if the original tarmac was still in place.

Monza (No Chicanes) still had the della Roggia and Ascari Chicanes, Suzuka hasn't been modelled without the Casio Triangle, Le Mans hasn't been modelled without the first chicane near the pits.

I suggest to add Interlagos as "Probable race courses that have been reported on throughout GTPlanet".

On Brazil Game Show, Kazunori said that Interlagos was a important track for Senna´s carrer, and, as the game are going to feature Senna it might include Interlagos too. I have a link from a brazilian website talking about it.

Back