• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 403 comments
Paradise City - Guns n' Roses
Hero of the Day - Metallica
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Walk Away - Five Finger Death Punch

A music wishlist for GT6?

I have no wishlist. I need no wishlist. Anything is fine for me.

I turn the music all the way down when I play GT5.

As it stands, I like all of the menu music (and, I'll admit to liking the Classical music as well. I think it sounds very nice), but there are a few music clips that...I don't know...detract from everything, like the music in the Used Car Dealership. That's a 20-second loop, pretty much. Got on my nerves after a while.

There is bad music in here, but the good music won't stop me from listening to it for a minute when I go to buy a Standard model car.

But if I had to pick songs at random, I'm sure most of GT6's soundtrack is going to go like this:
  • 500 songs
  • 40% Lounge/Fusion Jazz
  • 25% Alternative Rock (J-Rock in Japanese release)
  • 10% Dance Music
  • 9% Classical Music
  • 7% Electronic/DnB/Trance Music
  • 5% Pop Music (J-Pop in Japanese release)
  • 3% Dubstep (North American release only)
  • 3% J-Core (Japanese release only)
  • 1% Daiki Kasho
And before you get confused, the total adds up to 100% in both the North American and Japanese releases.

Last edited:
I'd love to see if he still has it. Would you?

No.

To be honest, I find a lot of the music choices in GT5 both baffling and irritating. I'm sick to death of "The Entertainer" whenever I want to do an oil change, or buy some wheels or aero parts. And the remix of that bloody Pnau song is the single most repetitive and annoying piece of music in the history of sound. Most of the jazz stuff in the menus is a bit samey and bland, and to be honest I don't know why they don't license more actual, well known jazz compositions. Finally, the selection of alt-rock is a bit poor, and extremely limited, especially compared with GT4.

No.

To be honest, I find a lot of the music choices in GT5 both baffling and irritating. I'm sick to death of "The Entertainer" whenever I want to do an oil change, or buy some wheels or aero parts. And the remix of that bloody Pnau song is the single most repetitive and annoying piece of music in the history of sound. Most of the jazz stuff in the menus is a bit samey and bland, and to be honest I don't know why they don't license more actual, well known jazz compositions. Finally, the selection of alt-rock is a bit poor, and extremely limited, especially compared with GT4.

I was talking about Isamu Ohira, not the entire soundtrack as a whole.

I'll admit, GT5's soundtrack is okay...it just gets repetitive after a while is my main problem with it. That's the only reason I turned the music off. I think the menu music is okay. The in-game race music is sub-par for the course here, except for maybe a few songs. And considering that a lot of the Alt-Rock bands sound a lot like each other, probably because of what goes on behind the door I'm not allowed in, that music selection turned me away from Alternative Rock in general.

But if there's one good thing I can say about GT5's soundtrack, it got me into classical music; enough of it is present for me to appreciate it being there. Best genre on the soundtrack, and a little bit better than GT4's selection IMO (both GT4 and GT5 had some good selections, I find).

I think they should have all of the Soundtrack from all of the old Gran Turismo game with some new 1's. Their also should be a way of selecting which songs play in the dealerships & arcade mode because GT3 has the best dealership song & GT1 has the best arcade mode song.

No.

Noooooo! Bring back Baby!!!

Baby I don't know, just why I love ya so!

Me personally, I'd just use the Custom Soundtrack option, but if PD gets stupid and decides to remove that, I elect Com Truise, and Ryuichi Sakamoto for the menus.

A lot of people rag on Polyphony's love of jazz. Thing is, up until Tourist Trophy, their menu music was fantastic. Licensed music has always been a weak spot in the series, that's another story entirely. But the in-house guys did an awesome job, especially from GT1-GT3.

Light Velocity. Whenever I think of GT3, I think of this. I remember leaving my PS2 on the dealership screen for a half hour straight, because I loved this song. One of my all time favorites.

Don't ditch the jazz. Just make better jazz!

Ash - Orpheus
Ash - Meltdown
Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee
Rise Against - Satellite
F.I.G.H.T - Unwritten Law
Disturbed - Liberate
Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded In Chains
Linkin Park - No More Sorrow
Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
Blur - Song 2
AC/DC - Back in Black
Queen - We Are the Champions
Queen - We Will Rock You (wait, aren't those considered the same track?)
The Subways - Kalifornia
The Fever - Eyes on the Road (an instrumental version)
System of a Down - Toxicity
Drowning Pool - Bodies (C'mon, it's awesome and you know it)
Handlebars - Flobots

And get some We Are Wolves in there.

Some classic Eurohouse will make me happy, I've many a time turned off the pee-poor music on GT5 and just put some oldskool 90s House and dance music on, It makes me go faster, Plus there is a time and place for rock music (Muscle Cars), Also give me a stretch of the alps, (A PRODUCTION VERSON of the Lamborghini Miura and Some Matt Monroe :)

Back