Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

I did some more testing and found this error with every car but its only really noticable right away on a few of them. The worst of them all is the Porsche 962 C, my favourite race car in the game. The error is not visible when using cockpit, bumper and roof camera, even when looking back, the track is as dark as it should be. Only in chase cam, the track ahead has a red tint or even glows bright red on the Porsche 962 C and in the rear view L1, the track has a bright wet surface.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I did some more testing and found this error with every car but its only really noticable right away on a few of them. The worst of them all is the Porsche 962 C, my favourite race car in the game. The error is not visible when using cockpit, bumper and roof camera, even when looking back, the track is as dark as it should be. Only in chase cam, the track ahead has a red tint or even glows bright red on the Porsche 962 C and in the rear view L1, the track has a bright wet surface.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Do you play any other games? I ask that cause the way you describe it seems more like artifacts which are connected to Graphic card failure/malfunction. Try to play other games to see if its only a GT7 issue, i never noticed nothing like that in Gt7, but if it was probably that problem would affect any camera view.

Last edited:
Is it only me? I cant drive the Bugatti Veyron road car, it has its own life. It want go the way I want, not even straight ahead. Whats wrong with the car? I've tried all kinds of tires, it still doesn't want to go where I want. Is this a bug? Beacuse i did not have any problems with it in GT sport

I had forgotten about this thread here, sorry:

Last edited:
Do you play any other games? I ask that cause the way you describe it seems more like artifacts which are connected to Graphic card failure/malfunction. Try to play other games to see if its only a GT7 issue, i never noticed nothing like that in Gt7, but if it was probably that problem would affect any camera view.
I have not yet played any other games but I will try God of War on the weekend.

I kept on testing a bit more and found out that the error is also present in replays from time to time, whenever the camera is right behind the car. It is barely visible though.
I was also able to make the error appear in its worst form by standing still on a dark, rainy track and pressing the brake pedal. While keeping the brake lights on, swiching through the camera views with L1 until I am back at the chase cam and the track will than be glowing red.
The error is also visible with the Ray Tracing mode (in replay).

The interesting thing for me is, that it is only visible on chase cam. In cockpit or any of the other camera views, this error is not visible at all. Maybe it has to do with the camera angle adjustment I made in the options, to make the chase cam behave a bit more like the GT games of old. I will test that next.

Last edited:
2 days ago I uninstalled and re-installed GT7 (PS4) and I'm still getting stuck sometimes in a black screen before the main menu. There's a rotating GT logo and a saving message blinking at the bottom of the screen. I can even wait 10 min+.... it doesn't go to the main menu.
Why??
Pressing the PS button and going in settings to disable and re-enable the internet connection doesn't change anything. GT logo still rotates on the black screen. So it's not related to PD's online-only requirement.
All I can do is quit GT7.

Am I the only one having this issue? It's been at least 2 months now.

Just wanted to say I'm also getting this bug. It's really annoying because I just bought a digital copy in the recent sale. The black screen bug doesn't seem to affect online races or most offline races, but it shows up sometimes offline. Usually, restarting the game fixes it, but currently I can't progress in the National B license progression because one of the races persistently has this black screen bug.

It's also really weird due to the fact that it doesn't throw the PS4 into the bug report mode. Apparently the system doesn't even know the application has crashed. Without a way to contact Polyphony, there's no way to make them aware of the bug.

Anyway, I'm going to find out if restarting the system at least fixes the bug with the license event. It just really frustrates me that I can't progress further.

Just wanted to say I'm also getting this bug. It's really annoying because I just bought a digital copy in the recent sale. The black screen bug doesn't seem to affect online races or most offline races, but it shows up sometimes offline. Usually, restarting the game fixes it, but currently I can't progress in the National B license progression because one of the races persistently has this black screen bug.

It's also really weird due to the fact that it doesn't throw the PS4 into the bug report mode. Apparently the system doesn't even know the application has crashed. Without a way to contact Polyphony, there's no way to make them aware of the bug.

Anyway, I'm going to find out if restarting the system at least fixes the bug with the license event. It just really frustrates me that I can't progress further.
There was a "known issues" notification posted describing this problem and it said to restart the game that it should clear that problem at that time. This known issues report is no longer in the news list, I know of this because when switching between accounts I find myself watching the circle and the "saving" blinking at a steady rhythm, which then I just close application and restart....

There was a "known issues" notification posted describing this problem and it said to restart the game that it should clear that problem at that time. This known issues report is no longer in the news list, I know of this because when switching between accounts I find myself watching the circle and the "saving" blinking at a steady rhythm, which then I just close application and restart....
It still happens to me when I restart the game. That's why I described it as persistent.

I tried restarting the system as well, but it didn't help. I have not tried reinstalling (yet).

Indeed, the bug happens in other instances and can be fixed by restarting, but in this instance (Trying to load license A: 1-7 "Cornering in the Wet") it doesn't go away.

I did some more testing on GT7 and I found that some cars do not have my strange red tail light issue and it only happens on wet tarmac. Races with dry conditions are fine. The Ford Sierra Cosworth for instance does not produce the red glow of the wet tarmac, not even a bit. However, it does still cause a bright shining tarmac when looking back (L1). This was also visible on the replay.
The Corvette C8 only has a very faint red shine up ahead and no white glowing track, when looking back with L1.

This was after deleting and reinstalling GT7 again.
I did multiple google searches but nothing like that came up. There was only one youtube video descriing how the whole track would turn pale white. ( link to youtube video )

Attachments

• 20230106_012231.jpg
    20230106_012231.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230106_012237.jpg
    20230106_012237.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230106_012438.jpg
    20230106_012438.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
@Custer85 I haven't had those issues, but I have noticed something else at Spa-Francorchamps. At the chicane, before the pits, I do see the light there flicker, this is during night time.
Also, regardless of night or day or raining or dry, at bruxelles/turn 10 and also turn 11, I do see the framerate drop. The game is running smoothly, but from the exit of turn 10, the straight and turn 11, the game stops being smooth and the image refresh slows down. I don't have a framerate counter but I would guess it drops from the regular 60 fps to about 30-35 fps. It happens regardless if there are cars in front of me or not.

I think spa is just poorly polished.
I am playing this on a PS4, it could also be hardware limitations, after all, when I look at my rear view mirror, I see the background disappear and it reminds me of ps1 era racing games where you could see the background load in the distance.

oh, and the freezing still continues, I thought it stopped but it got back to 1 to 2 freezes per race. I really hope there is an update 1.28 soon with a fix for this.

I am also suffering from the progression bugs. The only 2 things left for me to do in the game are the Fuji International Speedway Neo-Classical event and the last Music Rally. I did both 2 times already, but they do not complete. Well, at least I got the money for the Neo-Classical event and the daily workout. Still, frustrating.

A patch is required for a fix of those progression bugs I assume. Or did someone manage to complete events which wasn't possible before?

hello! Today I was testing the ae86 trueno from initial d but it has no animation when I change gears. I tried the normal ae86 and the levin and they have animation when I change gears.

I tried God of War and Horizon and they work perfectly fine, also in darker places and with multiple light sources. I tend to think GT7 might have a strange bug for me, no idea why, but its a repeatable bug, that is different depending on the car and track you are on.

Polyphony Digital made a january bugs announcement, which included the Fanatec freeze issue, it seems it will be resolved in a future update, when? Well, future update....

But at least it will be fixed!!! YAY!!

Hello,

I don't know if this Bug is known, at least i did not find any info on it.

It's a progression blocker issue on the small Kyoto Racetrack on Track experience. As driving the whole Lap with gold time, i get the 30.000 Cr from the trophies, but then the actual bug happens, it doesn't show any trophy then and no blue "v" as well as i don't get the "all gold" Credits eigther, but it clearly shows the Time i drove, wich is gold-rated. Instead i can redo the full Lap and gain 30.000Cr again.
I have tried it on PS4 PRO with PS4 Version of GT7 as well as PS5 with PS5 Version of GT7. Same thing on both consoles with both game versions.

Some screenshots are attached. In the menu it even shows that 18sec Laptime from section 2 time attack... or no time at all, but in the leaderboard i'm listed.

Attachments

• 185b0baf7c681-screenshotUrl_edit_329013442863856.jpg
    185b0baf7c681-screenshotUrl_edit_329013442863856.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 14
  • 185b0bb357987-screenshotUrl.jpg
    185b0bb357987-screenshotUrl.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 185b0baccef52-screenshotUrl.jpg
    185b0baccef52-screenshotUrl.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello,

I don't know if this Bug is known, at least i did not find any info on it.

It's a progression blocker issue on the small Kyoto Racetrack on Track experience. As driving the whole Lap with gold time, i get the 30.000 Cr from the trophies, but then the actual bug happens, it doesn't show any trophy then and no blue "v" as well as i don't get the "all gold" Credits eigther, but it clearly shows the Time i drove, wich is gold-rated. Instead i can redo the full Lap and gain 30.000Cr again.
I have tried it on PS4 PRO with PS4 Version of GT7 as well as PS5 with PS5 Version of GT7. Same thing on both consoles with both game versions.

Some screenshots are attached. In the menu it even shows that 18sec Laptime from section 2 time attack... or no time at all, but in the leaderboard i'm listed.
Several people have reported similar issues with some of the Circuit Experiences. Not this one specifically - I've seen four different tracks mentioned now (Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Mount Panorama, and now this) - but in general terms.

I have thie same bug indeed with Spa and the Touring Car 800 event. It doesn't register my win time after time. Easy 1.5m credits though, but still annoying since it's the last race I need to complete to have all gold on hard difficulty...

Maybe someone with a fresh account could confirm but is it possible that this bug affects every single event/mission/license/circuit experience completion in the game but we just haven't noticed the ones that we've already completed before 1.27?

Would hate to gold the Nordschleife circuit experience only to have it not count.

Maybe someone with a fresh account could confirm but is it possible that this bug affects every single event/mission/license/circuit experience completion in the game but we just haven't noticed the ones that we've already completed before 1.27?

Would hate to gold the Nordschleife circuit experience only to have it not count.
I completed other races/missions this week and they gave me gold and registered the win, so not sure what causes a race not to register the win. I tried several times with the Touring Car 800 on Spa and still says NONE and - at 'result'.

I've completed most of my CE events since 1.26 and many in 1.27. All have registered and given appropriate rewards just fine.

It's a curious bug, but one which is only affecting a handful of users. There's a possibility that the save repair function would help:

Watkins Glen Circuit Experience

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug on sector 3 and full lap. I've beat the time's but it doesn't register. Any suggestions? I've already reinstalled game, and beat my times again.

Attachments

• 20230118_214347.jpg
    20230118_214347.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230118_214330.jpg
    20230118_214330.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 11

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug on sector 3 and full lap. I've beat the time's but it doesn't register. Any suggestions? I've already reinstalled game, and beat my times again.
Just a consequence of the generic progression bug. Just wait on the fix in the near future.

All ten of the posts immediately preceding yours are discussing this exact bug, and the post directly before yours gives a suggestion - but it's likely this is a game bug which will be fixed in an update, which is probably coming next Thursday but we don't know for sure yet.

Apologies if this has already been posted (a search didn't yield any results)...

If you manage to set two identical fastest lap times the time difference displayed for the second FL is the same as the first (even though it should display -0.000).

Apologies if this has already been posted (a search didn't yield any results)...

If you manage to set two identical fastest lap times the time difference displayed for the second FL is the same as the first (even though it should display -0.000).
It does this with identical sector splits as well in the MFD (I believe it used to in Sport also)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back