Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Regardless of night or day or raining or dry, at bruxelles/turn 10 and also turn 11, I do see the framerate drop. The game is running smoothly, but from the exit of turn 10, the straight and turn 11, the game stops being smooth and the image refresh slows down. I don't have a framerate counter but I would guess it drops from the regular 60 fps to about 30-35 fps. It happens regardless if there are cars in front of me or not.

I think spa is just poorly polished.
I am playing this on a PS4, it could also be hardware limitations, after all, when I look at my rear view mirror, I see the background disappear and it reminds me of ps1 era racing games where you could see the background load in the distance.

oh, and the freezing still continues, I thought it stopped but it got back to 1 to 2 freezes per race. I really hope there is an update 1.28 soon with a fix for this.
The frame-rate drop happens to me at Spa too, except it goes back to normal just before turn 10.

I'm not entirely convinced its a hardware limitation though. Considering that GT Sport and 7 share the same game engine I used to get similar frame-rate drops at a different track in GT Sport but, while I can't remember exactly what track it was now, I know its been "fixed" because now Spa suffers from the frame-rate drop and no other track does.

The mirror thing is not a bug nor is it new, its always been like that in GT. Although, to be fair, I think the draw distance has been extended a little bit compared to Sport.

I only get a freezing issue in public multiplayer rooms whenever someone enters the track (not joins the room). Absolute PITA trying to get a clean lap in when using practice as an informal quali session. Its absolutely fine though during the race or when people rage quit and leave.

I was going through the Circuit Experiences and on Circuit de la Sarthe it for some reason shows my Sector 4 time for both Sector 5 and 1 Lap Attack.

I'm fairly certain I didn't complete the whole lap under half a minute...

It also didn't register any Sector 5 times I actually got and thanks to that I was unable to get any rewards from the track.

1675505375382.png

I was going through the Circuit Experiences and on Circuit de la Sarthe it for some reason shows my Sector 4 time for both Sector 5 and 1 Lap Attack.

I'm fairly certain I didn't complete the whole lap under half a minute...

It also didn't register any Sector 5 times I actually got and thanks to that I was unable to get any rewards from the track.

View attachment 1228121
Likely affected by the same bug affecting all the other people who've commented about single-player race and CE completion not showing correctly.
Several people have reported similar issues with some of the Circuit Experiences. Not this one specifically - I've seen four different tracks mentioned now (Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Mount Panorama, and now this) - but in general terms.
I've completed most of my CE events since 1.26 and many in 1.27. All have registered and given appropriate rewards just fine.

It's a curious bug, but one which is only affecting a handful of users. There's a possibility that the save repair function would help:

I have been experiencing an odd bug of a convoy of slow moving cars building up in the 800 PP races. It happens constantly in the Sardegna grind. Also noticed it in the Spa races. I got the following image from lap 22 of Spa. The cars are moving at around 47 mph.

I've seen a couple of instances of how the convoy builds. A slow moving car will get hit from behind and that car gets stuck permanently behind it. My only thought is this is something to do with pitting speed not getting reset on the way out.

20970859136521627.jpg

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
I have been experiencing an odd bug of a convoy of slow moving cars building up in the 800 PP races. It happens constantly in the Sardegna grind. Also noticed it in the Spa races. I got the following image from lap 22 of Spa. The cars are moving at around 47 mph.

I've seen a couple of instances of how the convoy builds. A slow moving car will get hit from behind and that car gets stuck permanently behind it. My only thought is this is something to do with pitting speed not getting reset on the way out.

View attachment 1230849

I was doing a custom race where the weather was changing from wet to dry, there was a line of almost the entire field moving very slowly to enter the pits. I forgot to watch the replay to see what caused it. During the same race there was also a car stopped with its rear end against the barrier that didn't move for 4-5 laps.

I've had this a few times on Sardegna as well (and once on LeMans iIrc), but thought it was because one of the AI drivers "forgot" to pit to refuel and was chugging along at "empty tank speed", and the others lining up like ducklings because, well, they're not really AIs but driving on pre-set rails.

View attachment 1230849

53f11b3c-bf74-4e60-beb0-dafc595e5207_text.gif

Hi,

I’m having a problem with Music Ralley 5. Green Monster. My score is on the ranking board menu which comfortably beats the gold time but the trophy hasn’t poped!?

Any help appreciated.

D

As far I read in the undocumented changes in relation to update 1.29, this progression bug should have been fixed.

So, please everybody, retry the race that did not get completed before!

I didn't play much this year but I get weird hard crashes. last week I could not enter LCD and today if I enter the Daytona gr1 race in the Nissan GT-R lmp it's the same- game crashes and the ps5 goes off... Anyone with similar issues?

I didn't play much this year but I get weird hard crashes. last week I could not enter LCD and today if I enter the Daytona gr1 race in the Nissan GT-R lmp it's the same- game crashes and the ps5 goes off... Anyone with similar issues?
Not a lot i can suggest. Do you use Rest mode on ya PS5? If yes, do a system restart.
Ive played for roughly 300hrs, not a had a single crash on GT7.

Last edited:
Not a lot i can suggest. Do you use Rest mode on ya PS5? If yes, do a system restart.
Ive played for roughly 300hrs, not a had a single crash on GT7.
I have over 500 and untill last week I didn't get a single one. I thought it's something related to cloud save- it's more or less in the moment the game is saving before the race just when the track loads up

Last edited:
I haven't tried it myself, but apparently as a spectator in lobbies the TV cam is broken. It will only work after someone went into the pits - at least that's what I've been told. My league race was canceled due to this

I had already posted it in another thread, but I think it's better here...

The Citroën DS21 has a couple of bugs. When braking, in addition to brake lights (located at the bottom), the rear turn signals also turn on, something that does not happen on the original model.

408IaRth.png

The other bug is the handbrake, on the original DS it works on the front wheels. In GT7 it does on the rear wheels. Also, the Pallas model shown in GT7 has a Semi Automatic transmission so it doesn't have a clutch pedal, but in GT7 is impossible to make a gear change without pressing the clutch.

I’m not sure if this has always been the case, and I’ve only just noticed, but certain cars drop to a really low polygon count in hood cam.

I took the new Porsche 911 Carrera RS around Grand Valley, and noticed the curvature around the headlights is more like a hexagon. If I pause the game, you can see the polygons increase and it becomes the smooth curve it should be. Un-pause, and it’s back to PS1 fidelity.

I backed out and tried it with another car, the Porsche 930 Turbo, and the same issue is there.

I’m on PS4.

Is this a new bug, or has it always been the case?

Just logged in following 1.29 update and my graphics are all messed up. The screen is horribly over exposed and white/bright. Playing on PS4, no issues on the console homepage and the GT loading screen is fine.

The error kicks in at the intro trailer and continues through the main welcome screen and world map. Nothing looks out of place in the graphics settings and I have restarted etc. I can’t seem to find any comment on this anywhere but apologies if I have missed something.

Any ideas?

I had already posted it in another thread, but I think it's better here...

The Citroën DS21 has a couple of bugs. When braking, in addition to brake lights (located at the bottom), the rear turn signals also turn on, something that does not happen on the original model.

408IaRth.png

The other bug is the handbrake, on the original DS it works on the front wheels. In GT7 it does on the rear wheels. Also, the Pallas model shown in GT7 has a Semi Automatic transmission so it doesn't have a clutch pedal, but in GT7 is impossible to make a gear change without pressing the clutch.
Brake lights for this model are correct, this Is not a bug

In the Historic Sports Car Masters Event at Grand Valley, J. Serrano claiming he's driving a Carrera RS but it's clearly a Lambo Miura (it's only his Spanish-speaking pal Inostroza who has one in the race).

Valeriano Gallo also proudly talks about his Maserati Merak, despite not even competing in the event!

*Not sure this counts as a bug but didn't know where else to post.

186809aca5557-7c111A46CE9B09541B7.350A745023C624FC_message_429361876590380_1677194830431.jpg

Posted this in the VR thread but it fits here better I guess:

Just noticed that in the VR Showroom, if you car has a livery on which your flag and name are displayed above the door, it does not correctly display that, it defaults to the japanese flag and a blank in place of your name. Don't know if people have noticed/reported that.

Also had a Gr3 race in VR, can't remember on which track, where one of the AI had an Audi R8 (don't know which one) that would have a correct livery/look fine when close to my car, but as soon as it was beyond a certain distance it changed to some weird low-rez model/livery. I've had that happen only once, 't was strange.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it myself, but apparently as a spectator in lobbies the TV cam is broken. It will only work after someone went into the pits - at least that's what I've been told. My league race was canceled due to this

Yes this is awful, needs a urgent fix. I run a league that is televised, and I really hope this will be fixed before our next round in 2 weeks time.

Not really a bug but please dimm the screen in cockpitview. It is way to bright for night runs in HDR.

D0CDB9CF-B696-4041-989B-2ECBEC047DD5.jpeg

It is way brighter on screen then on the picture.

Last edited:

View attachment 1230849

Only when they run out of fuel

@timekiller001 @Guffaluff

It seems if you are in the lobby before the race starts the spectator cam runs normal. Only by joining the lobby in a running race the camera is broken. I guess they try to fix the entry exit lag and it works so far, only if someone exit the race it lags a bit.

Last edited:
I dont know if anyone had the same problem but I never got my roulette wheel gift for the Honda collection for the 2 new Cafe menu collections after the latest update.

Back