Gran Turismo 7 coming "best case scenario" in 2014

• Thread starter SynGamer
  • 306 comments
Canada
Toronto, ON
SynGamer
SynGamer
GT6 has barely launched, but already the masterminds behind the legendary racing simulator are working on the next one. Yes folks, word is Gran Turismo 7 will land next year.

Fingers crossed, anyway. At this year's Los Angeles Motor Show, TG.com was snooping around the evil, gorgeous, and really quite evil looking AMG Vision Gran Turismo, when who else should pop up than Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

Resisting the temptation to challenge him on the game itself, he told us how the PlayStation 3's hardware was pushed to the very limit while making GT6, but that the next console, the PS4, should make everything easier for the seventh instalment.

"We don't want to take too long on Gran Turismo 7," Kazunori told us. "Best-case scenario? Next year. In GT6 we really had to tune the software 100 per cent to maximise the PS3's architecture, but of course the PS4's hardware is much better, so I think the overall quality of the game across the board will be boosted when you come to play it".

Source: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/gran-turismo-7-is-coming-in-2014-2013-11-20

No other place to really post this from what I saw, though I'm not a frequent poster...that said, as someone looking to purchase a PS4 next year, should I just hold off and get GT7? Releasing GT7 next year seems VERY early to release said game. Maybe it's the '7', but I would rather they release "Gran Turismo 6: PS4 Edition" or something. Thoughts?

He doesn't say GT7 will come out next year. He said he would LIKE it out next year. Nuance.
Correct, but I tend to post the original article title, even though it's incorrect...hell, i'll change it, no need to cause a storm :)

Kaz is quoted as saying 2014 would be the 'best case scenario'
But it'll be more toward the end of 2015 by the time we see any videos/demos.

I think the prologue version will come in 2014, but the GT7 will come Q3/Q4 2015 i think.. That would be the most realistic.

The premium cars for GT5/6 are in high resolution, that's no problem for using it for GT7.

So i think if they add up 100 premium cars more for GT7, and tweak the game then at least a release for Q4 2015, it can't be that quick. Expect a demo or prologue.

"Best case scenario" does not equal GT7 is coming out in 2014. It should be a 2015 title as I feel it would just be a GT6 rehash in 2014.
My thoughts exactly. And if they absolutely need to release a GT for PS4 NEXT year, call it just that, "Gran Turismo 6: PS4 Edition" or something similar. If GT7 is merely a graphical upgrade, fans will not be pleased...

How do we go from "best case scenario...next year" to "word is gt7 will land next year"?

Because journalism.

If a PS4 GT arrives in 2014 it should be GT6 Plus or GT6 Complete Edition and come with the GT6 DLC and shiny graphics.

All GT6 premium grade content, new arcade mode, new GT mode, more cars on track equals GT7 in developer talk mate.

"The racing genre isn't really that big in its entirety, so I'm glad that everyone works hard to boost the genre as a whole."

My mouth dropped when I heard this. This is almost the same as saying there aren't that many cereals to choose from.
cereal-aisle2.jpg

That has to almost be a joke. Although the second part of his sentence I do agree on. Once one person develops something which is a big hit, everyone steps on each other to get it as well. It is no different than how cars are made, or how airlines treat their passengers. They all want to get the most money with cheapest costs of production.

Because journalism.

Id like to see what Jeremy says about that...

GT7 will probably be here by 2015 and then I will need an obligatory PS4. I always imagined the PS3-PS4 transfer as a sort of GT3 style of transfer between gens, it will happen in less time and the game will have slightly less content than last game to maximize the consistency of everything. I'm pretty sure we'll have more than in GT3 though, PD's premium cars are pretty much perfect, only upscale them a few polygons and you have PS4 cars. And we know of 400 of them.

All GT6 premium grade content, new arcade mode, new GT mode, more cars on track equals GT7 in developer talk mate.
That is pretty much my point. If it is just DLC included then it should not be GT7 but GT6 Plus or whatever. New Arcade and GT modes and a larger grid of competitors, at least, would be required to advance it sufficiently to warrant it being called GT7.

In this case, wouldn't it be...GT6: Epilogue ;) But I guess I could understand GT7: Prologue for next year for PS4, though it better not be full price.
Oh yeah, it better not. 👍 It be the taste of next gen, but must cost at least $40 to $50... Or $40. :)

Back