Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
It seems pretty simple people. Blame the scalpers. Sony can not sell a game to people who don't have a system because all the scalpers have them.

Last edited:

I hope it's true (It doesn't seem to be the case, e.g. source?), however I don't have high hopes on GT7 being there.
It is possible that there is a State of play in July. But, will PlayStation show more information about GT7? GT7 will release in 2022 and, according to various rumors, this State of play will show games that will be released in 2021 and will give more information about many games that will be released in 2022. According to this, GT7 could be appears. However, I would keep the excitement at bay.

It is possible that there is a State of play in July. But, will PlayStation show more information about GT7? GT7 will release in 2022 and, according to various rumors, this State of play will show games that will be released in 2021 and will give more information about many games that will be released in 2022. According to this, GT7 could be appears. However, I would keep the excitement at bay.
That's what I thought, as much as I'd like GT7 to appear in a State of Play right now, I don't think it will.

You realise the scalpers sell them to gamers, right? It's kinda the point. They wouldn't be very good scalpers If they just sat on a garage full of consoles.
Did you buy one from a scalper?

My point still stands then. More scalpers = less people playing.
Do you even understand what a scalper does? They hoard something that's particularly desirable then sell them on at ridiculous prices to desperate buyers who don't want to wait. They don't keep the items as investments, they want a quick return on them.

Last edited:
Do you even understand what a scalper does? They hoard something that's particularly desirable then sell them on at ridiculous prices to desperate buyers who don't want to wait. They don't keep the items as investments, they want a quick return on them.
So I'm guessing you bought one from a scalper?

Don't you understand? Less people playing=more scalpers.
For every player that didn't play Sport Mode in GTS, a scalper was born.

So I'm guessing you bought one from a scalper?
I'm confused as to why this is your go to response, and why it matters who exactly is buying from scalpers. Point is, they get sold. Of course at any one point in time there are hundreds in scalpers hands, but they are soon sold. It's the whole point.

Right now on ebay there are around 5,000 for sale/currently running auctions and 24,000 sold.

Last edited:
I'm confused as to why this is your go to response, and why it matters who exactly is buying from scalpers. Point is, they get sold. Of course at any one point in time there are hundreds in scalpers hands, but they are soon sold. It's the whole point.

Right now on ebay there are around 5,000 for sale/currently running auctions and 24,000 sold.
I don't understand why you can't grasp that there are less in gamers hands because of scalpers buying them up and over charging.

The question is to prove a simple point. Only dumb people are going to pay the ridiculous price the scalpers are selling them for. At least 2 of you so far are smart enough to not buy from a scalper but apparently not smart enough to understand how that is impacting the PS5 and gaming world.

PS5 has a shortage. Scalpers seem to have taken the majority of stock. The scalpers may be making some sales but the majority of people are not falling for their crap. Thus less consoles in gamers hands. Less people playing or using a ps5.

See how this works now? Have to use the brain sometimes.

How do you know this? any evidence? numbers? pictures of stock in a warehouse and a scalper rubbing their hands with greed
There's no evidence because it isn't true.

Best estimates suggest around
10-15% of stock ended up in the hands of scalpers, which is very much the opposite of what "majority" means. It's a lot, but nowhere near a majority.

They also don't need to sell to individuals when there's shops like CEX accepting them as trade-ins for £750; instant 50% profit. But both the scalpers and these stores prey on (bad) parents who promised their kids a PS5 for Christmas and will pay over the odds to avoid disappointing them.

These people were actually abusing adult PS5 owners on Twitter back in December for buying them and "stealing" them from their kids.

Last edited:
Scalpers seem to have taken the majority of stock.
As others have said, this is obviously not true. Like I said on ebay right now there are only 5,000 for sale. 25,000 have been sold. 30,000 vs 8 million sold in total, or whatever it is.

As for who is buying them, you also forgot all the people who are well off enough that paying 50% more than RRP is not a problem. To them, its' just a small premium to pay vs having to hunt for one at RRP.

Personally I've no interest in buying one right now even for RRP, but clearly lots of people are desperate.

I love seeing people say things like this right after providing info they clearly didn’t use their brain to find
Doesn't it make life a little more fun? XD

I apologize everybody. I didn't think people would take my OP seriously and just skip over it. I was/am being sarcastic and an ass. Just kept rolling with it. Lol

I don't understand why you can't grasp that there are less in gamers hands because of scalpers buying them up and over charging.

The question is to prove a simple point. Only dumb people are going to pay the ridiculous price the scalpers are selling them for. At least 2 of you so far are smart enough to not buy from a scalper but apparently not smart enough to understand how that is impacting the PS5 and gaming world.

PS5 has a shortage. Scalpers seem to have taken the majority of stock. The scalpers may be making some sales but the majority of people are not falling for their crap. Thus less consoles in gamers hands. Less people playing or using a ps5.

See how this works now? Have to use the brain sometimes.
If scalpers are selling them, then they are ending up in gamers hands. They're just going to the gamers who are happy/happier to pay over the odds as opposed to those patiently waiting/don't have a choice but to wait for stock to become availalbe near them.

If people were not buying them from scalpers there would be no benefit to people scalping, but they absolutely are ending up in gamers hands.

There is no PS5 shortage due to stock being hoovered up by scalpers, the perceived shortage is due to excessive demand which is also helping the scalpers shift them for a quick profit.

Edit:
Doesn't it make life a little more fun? XD

I apologize everybody. I didn't think people would take my OP seriously and just skip over it. I was/am being sarcastic and an ass. Just kept rolling with it. Lol
Try not to be an ass unless it's obvious sarcasm (though even obvious sarcasm can miss quite easilly online), you might get people being bigger asses back. But fair enough.

Last edited:
Edit:

Try not to be an ass unless it's obvious sarcasm (though even obvious sarcasm can miss quite easilly online), you might get people being bigger asses back. But fair enough.
You are correct, that's why I stopped it now and apologized. Once a Mod shows up with a reply it's usually a good sign you have went too far.

My actual contribution to this thread is this.

I am in-between disappointed and not on the possibility of the next GT game being cross gen. On one hand I completely understand why it may have to go cross gen as a business standpoint. I will most likely buy the game anyway.

But on the other hand I am disappointed because in all honestly I feel I can wait longer for it to be a next gen game only.

My preference would be for them to hold off and make it a PS5 game only.

I can only speak anecdotally but over half my friends list of a bit over a hundred people are now playing on a PS5. Even my sister in law got one for her kids at Christmas and she doesn't play video games and wasn't all over the net searching for one.

I think most people saying that a PS5 is impossible to get is expecting to walk into their local store and see a bunch of them on the shelf when it's more about ordering one online at the right time.

I do feel bad for anyone who really wants one and can't find it. I was fortunate enough to get one at launch but I know I'd be FOMOing pretty hard without.

Sony said they expect to sell over 22.5 million units by the end of this year, I believe? That is a lot. The worst of the GPU shortage may be behind us, as well. At least, that's what some tech youtuber I follow was saying.

If they do sell that many units, then I am still going to cling on to the hope that GT7 will be a PS5 exclusive. Let's all collectively cross our fingers.

I will say this, if the US doesn't get a legit collectors edition this time I'm copping a PAL version. I'm tired of Sony & PD acting like GT fans don't exist over here and that all we play is bAlDy oF wAr and laSt Uh uS.

Last edited:
I obviously haven't read the 1100 comments above, but I suspect they follow what think: please no! As with every Playstation release I want a generational leap with my favourite game, Gran Turismo. One of the core values of GT is it high fidelity, and I don't want to compromise now (I conveniently overlook Standards in GT5 & 6......)

I don't know exactly how relevant this is, if at all, but Scarlet Nexus debuted with approximately 60% of its sales on PS5, 20% of its sales on PS4, and the remaining 20% on Xbox.

It has me thinking that people don't really want to play new games on the older console. I know GT7 is a different kind of animal but I figured it can be food for thought.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how relevant this is, if at all, but Scarlet Nexus debuted with approximately 60% of its sales on PS5, 20% of its sales on PS4, and the remaining 20% on Xbox.

It has me thinking that people don't really want to play new games on the older console. I know GT7 is a different kind of animal but I figured it can be food for thought.
So only 20 percent on Microsoft's 3 consoles? Ouch.

I obviously haven't read the 1100 comments above, but I suspect they follow what think: please no! As with every Playstation release I want a generational leap with my favourite game, Gran Turismo. One of the core values of GT is it high fidelity, and I don't want to compromise now (I conveniently overlook Standards in GT5 & 6......)
Dont forget standard tracks.

I thought over a year that Scarlet Nexus was an XBOX exclusive, I don't know why.

So only 20 percent on Microsoft's 3 consoles? Ouch.
Have JRPG's ever been popular on Microsoft's side? The audience is likely more on Sony's side since their has always been vastly more there, so it's not really that surprising.

Last edited:
And I think I remember reading in this thread that Miles Morales sold more copies on PS5, as well. The interest in last gen consoles is waning.

The numbers for GoW and HFW will be interesting. Those are 'must play' games like GT7.

And I think I remember reading in this thread that Miles Morales sold more copies on PS5, as well. The interest in last gen consoles is waning.

The numbers for GoW and HFW will be interesting. Those are 'must play' games like GT7.
Resident Evil Village sold more on PS5 too. The gap will increase even further as time goes on and more PS5s get produced and sold.

Latest Posts

Back