Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
Ok. You quoted me bud. I was just asking questions.
Yes, and you got answers. Again, the only times you come into discussions like this is to comment on people commenting on posts commenting on other posts and not anything about what's actually being talked about. If it wasn't for you reminding me that we interacted years ago on another thread, I wouldn't have realized that.

Another fringe benefit to GT7 on PS5 (or just in general), I immediately noticed how amazingly quick all things PS5 loads. GTS graphics like the track itself, were absolutely enhanced without a doubt. It also pairs seamlessly with a high end smart TV. I felt like the feedback was more sensitive but that could be a placebo effect. I was pumped up waiting to see how amazing GT7 would be if GTS was so much better with the PS5. Again, it's super fast with very little load time. For everything, updates, menus, you name it. I still play some games on the PS4 in another room; even offline play feels so painfully slow in comparison. Graphics are night and day better (with all titles I own).

So, just putting it out there that not releasing GT7 on PS5 will not encourage anyone to upgrade and therefore they will never understand how superior it is. I was 6 months late to GTS until stepping up to a PS4, I see no issue with rolling GT7 out for only PS5 and letting others join in just as we did with GTS and PS4. There has to be another reason why Sony/PD pivoted. Financial or resource driven decision.

I just needed to point this out about PS5, it is bad to the bone fast!

Yes, and you got answers. Again, the only times you come into discussions like this is to comment on people commenting on posts commenting on other posts and not anything about what's actually being talked about. If it wasn't for you reminding me that we interacted years ago on another thread, I wouldn't have realized that.
Really? I felt unanswered. I was trying to understand the points being made. But you can keep going if you want :)

Really? I felt unanswered. I was trying to understand the points being made. But you can keep going if you want 🙂
Not sure what felt unanswered about how I commented on someone else's comment. Also not sure how you felt unanswered when I directly answered you. You understood the points being made, all you tried to do is post something witty as your immediate response to the answer shows. If that was the case, not sure why you wouldn't ask him if you're trying to understand his points being made.

So towards my original question?
Fortnite (a major overhall rather than a new game) and Dreamhouse are two of the announced ones.

Final Fantasy Remake Part 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) is ditching the PS4 and releasing on next gen only. That's UE5, but what they want to do isn't possible on PS4.

Last edited:
That's UE5, but what they want to do isn't possible on PS4.
Wow, what a shocker that is. It's almost as if it isn't the end all solution to progression and optimization on the PS4. 🤔

It's actually pretty funny seeing the child spam poo emojis. At least he's making it interesting with his reacts rather than the odd things he's saying.

Last edited:
John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

Hmmm, should I make my own tenuous claim and run it into the ground with the same three arguements?
Nah. So far, using this little guy over and over towards anyone that doesn't agree with him has been way more of a compelling argument.

ideas poo GIF

Not sure what felt unanswered about how I commented on someone else's comment. Also not sure how you felt unanswered when I directly answered you. You understood the points being made, all you tried to do is post something witty as your immediate response to the answer shows. If that was the case, not sure why you wouldn't ask him if you're trying to understand his points being made.
Is that that so. I was looking towards a post of his I missed that goes along the lines of developers not knowing what they are doing.

I felt I understood his point being there are improvements to be made and got his excitement on other devs improvements. "it's logical at least a little PD improvement in 4 years" At least a little is normally understood as.. um. duh. The opposite would be the outlier

Fortnite (a major overhall rather than a new game) and Dreamhouse are two of the announced ones.
Thanks, I'd be shocked if Fortnite didnt have improvements as for Dreamhouse I would be surprised if it did.

There are good arguments about crossgen on both sides; I don't know which is better because there are so many variables but I simply want GT7 to be developed to its max potential so that's the side I'm on. Just wait until more PS5s are in production or until you can afford one? They and GT7 will always be there to purchase. In the mean time, people will upload gameplay videos and you can determine if GT7 is worth getting a PS5 for in the first place. There are probably holes to pick in that lol

Is that that so. I was looking towards a post of his I missed that goes along the lines of developers not knowing what they are doing.

I felt I understood his point being there are improvements to be made and got his excitement on other devs improvements. "it's logical at least a little PD improvement in 4 years" At least a little is normally understood as.. um. duh. The opposite would be the outlier
Then if you were wondering about his point, you should have asked him, not anyone else. Although, it was fairly obvious that wasn't what you were going for. No one has denied that improvements can likely be made through optimization, though that would have been obvious had you followed the points you were questioning, it also ignores the fact that it's not improvements through optimization he's talking about - Hes talking about a completely different engine that PD doesn't even use as well as the PS4 has the potential to increase its performance by 100%. Also why I told you to follow the post and gave you the exact thread to start from, because that would have helped you understand that very point.

EDIT: Looks like he got himself banned, so I guess you'll never find out his point.

There are good arguments about crossgen on both sides; I don't know which is better because there are so many variables but I simply want GT7 to be developed to its max potential so that's the side I'm on. Just wait until more PS5s are in production or until you can afford one? They and GT7 will always be there to purchase. In the mean time, people will upload gameplay videos and you can determine if GT7 is worth getting a PS5 for in the first place. There are probably holes to pick in that lol
If it's a cross-gen title, PS4 will get a GT7 at it's maximum potential. The other side of the fence will not.

Last edited:

Thanks, I'd be shocked if Fortnite didnt have improvements as for Dreamhouse I would be surprised if it did.
Many people, myself included have raised the point that the GPU in the PS4 is old, and it wasn't a high end GPU when it was new. We will not see huge improvements on the PS4 now, it is well and truely barreling into it's end of life cycle.

That doesn't mean we won't see any technical improvements going forward whatsoever, not at all, but we aren't going to see a situation where a PS4 version of GT7 doesn't hold back the PS5 version in some way. That doesn't mean it still can't be a good game either, but the PS4 most certainly bottlenecks cross gen games in certain ways.

This is what the whole discussion is predicated on, he doesn't think so, becuase of new software, yet this has been validly questioned time and time again. You can see that I've provided one example of this in my last post, a game which uses the very same engine he is using to back his point that goes some way to disproving it.

Also, bear in mind, this isn't the first discussion with him either, it's a regularly repeating case of him repeating the same thing over and over, ignoring everyone else's valid points and disspaearing for a while only to reignite the debate (if you can even call it that) again at a later date, providing no new information since the last time in process, runinig around in the same circles like clockwork.

Forgive me, but I'm not sure why you are so bothered about what he may or may not be saying and defending his point to us.

Last edited:
EDIT: Looks like he got himself banned, so I guess you'll never find out his point.
Guess I can only look forwards to the poop emoji from only one other person 😉

Many people, myself included have raised the point that the GPU in the PS4 is old, and it wasn't a high end GPU when it was new. We will not see huge improvements on the PS4 now, it is well and truely barreling into it's end of life cycle.

That doesn't mean we won't see any technical improvements going forward whatsoever, not at all, but we aren't going to see a situation where a PS4 version of GT7 doesn't hold back the PS5 version in some way. That doesn't mean it still can't be a good game either, but the PS4 most certainly bottlenecks cross gen games in certain ways.

This is what the whole discussion is predicated on, he doesn't think so, becuase of new software, yet this has been validly questioned time and time again. You can see that I've provided one example of this in my last post, a game which uses the very same engine he is using to back his point that goes some way to disproving it.

Also, bear in mind, this isn't the first discussion with him either, it's a regularly repeating case of him repeating the same thing over and over, ignoring everyone else's valid points and disspaearing for a while only to reignite the debate (if you can even call it that) again at a later date, providing no new information since the last time in process, runinig around in the same circles like clockwork.

Forgive me, but I'm not sure why you are so bothered about what he may or may not be saying and defending his point to us.
I guess I missed the post where he didnt think there were any bottlenecks. I just read his excitement for other devs improvements / his thinking PD will have little improvments and didnt see where he was pretending that they were incapable. I asked for clarification but didnt really get any.

Guess I can only look forwards to the poop emoji from only one other person 😉
Likely not :) Everyone else seems to use it sparingly.

his thinking PD will have little improvments and didnt see where he was pretending that they were incapable.
That's the other thing. He wasn't thinking they will make small improvements, he was on the other end of that discussion. That's what everyone he was arguing against was saying.

I asked for clarification but didnt really get any.
It's because you didn't ask the person talking about that point of view, really.

Last edited:
Totting up is a bitch.

When the conversation goes:
P1 - I think this is a thing.
P2 - Why?
P1 - Because this unrelated video.
P2 - The video isn't related to the thing though.
P1 - But the video.
P2 - Look, here are the many reasons why your video isn't related to the thing.
P1 - Yes but the video.
P2 - Is unrelated, yes.
P1 - But I think this is a thing because the video.
P2 - The video that is unrelated to the thing.
P1 - Have you seen the video though?

I don't regard P1 to be engaging in the topic with any honesty or sincerity. When that person has already had two thread bans for trolling and two warnings, it's pretty evident they're not engaging with the site in good faith at all.

Ultimately a 10-30% improvement in rendering speed and polygon counts shown on a 6yo £10k PC rig doesn't give any evidence that any studio anywhere is capable of pulling the 800% improvement required to make the PS4 do something no studio anywhere has ever managed to do with its 12yo, £200 GPU, without melting it. PS4 Pro might have the headroom to do it, but it would be pointless if the PS4 couldn't also do it (and it can't) due to feature parity. It should be a breeze for PS5, but if there is feature parity between PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game (as it appears, though unconfirmed) it would also be pointless.

Ultimately a 10-30% improvement in rendering speed and polygon counts shown on a 6yo £10k PC rig doesn't give any evidence that any studio anywhere is capable of pulling the 800% improvement required to make the PS4 do something no studio anywhere has ever managed to do with its 12yo, £200 GPU, without melting it. PS4 Pro might have the headroom to do it, but it would be pointless if the PS4 couldn't also do it (and it can't) due to feature parity. It should be a breeze for PS5, but if there is feature parity between PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game (as it appears, though unconfirmed) it would also be pointless.
For someone that acted like he knew more than actual developers, who talked down to others about their knowledge in the area because they called out his obviously wrong claims, who told others to try and use their brains and think, you think he'd actually understand know this. 🤔

That's the other thing. He wasn't thinking they will make small improvements, he was on the other end of that discussion. That's what everyone he was arguing against was saying.

It's because you didn't ask the person talking about that point of view, really.
"I'm not mentally multiplying it by an order of magnitude and acting like it's possible everywhere, I see what developpers have achieved and it's logical at least a little PD improvement in 4 years"

I asked you about your spiel on him saying devs didnt know what they were doing. But I guess it was because his overzealousness

"I'm not mentally multiplying it by an order of magnitude and acting like it's possible everywhere, I see what developpers have achieved and it's logical at least a little PD improvement in 4 years"

I asked you about your spiel on him saying devs didnt know what they were doing. But I guess it was because his overzealousness
Funny that you post that quote, because that is a contradiction within itself. That one remark doesn't take away from the fact that before that, as well as after that post, he was never talking about small improvements.

Either way, No, it was basically a heavy-fisted insinuation from the get go with how he went about it completely. He wanted to boost his ego that he knew how to fix things and to get the PS4 to gain a 100% in performance that the devs haven't realized and done themselves. Anyways, I'm not sure why you're trying to continue to whiteknight for someone who has trolled on multiple occasions, but I doubt it's going to be going on too much longer.

Last edited:
let it go GIF

I'd like to get back to more speculation of how many people need to buy GT7 on PS5 at luanch, for PD to have good sales numbers.

Edit: I completely missed the two-pages that loaded after my post. haha. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Funny that you post that quote, because that is a contradiction within itself. That one remark doesn't take away from the fact that before that, as well as after that post, he was never talking about small improvements.

Either way, No, it was basically a heavy-fisted insinuation from the get go with how he went about it completely. He wanted to boost his ego that he knew how to fix things and to get the PS4 to gain a 100% in performance that the devs haven't realized and done themselves. Anyways, I'm not sure why you're trying to continue to whiteknight for someone who has trolled on multiple occasions, but I doubt it's going to be going on too much longer.
It is funny. I didnt know he claimed all that, wow the ego on him. Yeah me either

Totting up is a bitch.
i-dont-always-swear-but-when-i-do-i-win.jpg

😉

But in all seriousness, unlike games such as CyberPunk 2077, maybe PD not sending out update tweets on a daily basis could be seen as a positive? I know it's been a long time since any official information has been divulged, but as they are still putting some effort in the previous game, speculating just leads to bans on internet sites and only gets you into a frenzy that if the game is anything less than a million car and a million tracks, with graphics that are better than actual life it's a piece of garbage and utter failure.

In software there is always room for improvements. You can see the example posted before with UE4 and UE5 on a 6 years old gpu.

You can see it with cycles,Cycles-X and eevee on blender. Improving the performances in new and old hardwares.

Dynamic time and weather can be done in gt7 on ps4. Only changing render techniques.

Thank you. I have improved the real record in Kyalami with no custom setup picking the first car I wanted (M6) 🙂

PZc0GgO.jpg
I'm glad that you have some fun beating your own times but you wouldn't be any even near competetive without proper setup

So it’s more likely to have GT7 on PS5 only with a slight chance of bringing it to PS4 whether it’s compromised with its features…

So I need to save up money for a new console rather than snort all the hopium in the world.

But… mega but(insert MCHammer) could Sony introduce a GT7 to the PS4 through PS Now?

But… mega but(insert MCHammer) could Sony introduce a GT7 to the PS4 through PS Now?
Technically, yes, though Sony would have to replace all their server blades with PS5’s or something like that first. I know MS are doing something like this so that people still on the Xbox One are able to play Xbox Series games through XCloud - they’ve only just recently started swapping out their server blades for XSX’s

So it’s more likely to have GT7 on PS5 only with a slight chance of bringing it to PS4 whether it’s compromised with its features…

So I need to save up money for a new console rather than snort all the hopium in the world.

If not, could always remote play on a mates PS5 😅

Totting up is a bitch.

When the conversation goes:
P1 - I think this is a thing.
P2 - Why?
P1 - Because this unrelated video.
P2 - The video isn't related to the thing though.
P1 - But the video.
P2 - Look, here are the many reasons why your video isn't related to the thing.
P1 - Yes but the video.
P2 - Is unrelated, yes.
P1 - But I think this is a thing because the video.
P2 - The video that is unrelated to the thing.
P1 - Have you seen the video though?

I don't regard P1 to be engaging in the topic with any honesty or sincerity. When that person has already had two thread bans for trolling and two warnings, it's pretty evident they're not engaging with the site in good faith at all.

But.......the video.

Anyone used to play Le Mans 24 on Dreamcast and Playstation? This reminds me of that.
I got the Japan Dreamcast version first. Awesome graphics. Looked quite real back then. Had bought the PS version, used, way later. Between GT2 and GT3. That looked horrible. Was cool it had day to night transisition, but looked more like Pole Position in comparison.

Well, seen a bunch of comments on how people are doing comparisons to one game to another.

And it seems to me some people are clearly misunderstanding or brutally defending a prefered game on the comparisons being made.

Lets be completely honest here, driving on dirt in Gran Turismo really does feel like your constantly sliding on ice.

Also I realised people have seem to forget that the Forza Horizon series driving mechanics have the same base principle as the Forza Motorsports series which claim to simulate driving as realistic as possible.
The only difference in here is a more "accessible" driving mechanic to cooperate with the fun aspect of the game. So you can call sorta call it a sim-cade game in a way.

But as far as I can tell or see the driving mechanics holds the same principle and tuning remains pretty close as the Motorsports series.
You can turn on a "simulation" mode in the Horizon series that tries to make it as realistic as possible (I dont know how realistic).

Also let us not mention the lack of tire pressure or tire size in Gran Turismo that has alot of impact on the physics of the game.

Just because Forza Horizon series is labeled to be a more "fun" experience on the more serious focused Motorsports series does not mean it cannot be compared to other games like Gran Turismo.

I am sure you all remember Driveclub's "hard mode" that tries to simulate driving as close as possible tho I have even heard well known members in here claiming that it is infact more realistic than GT Sport (with some very informative video explaining it).
To my knowledge Driveclub was an arcade circuit based racing game.

So is it wrong to compare Forza to GT Sport?

In my personal preference it does seem like the dirt driving in Horizon seem to translate much closer to reality "visually" when just seeing some random onboard rally videos from proffesional drivers when compared to GT Sport which looks like the car is constantly sliding or slipping on the dirt when turning.

Now before I get claims that I am an Xbox Fanboy or Forza Fanboy, I have played my entire life from GT1 up to GT Sport and planning to buy GT7 and dont have an Xbox and never owned one.
Although the latest Forza Horizon that came out really did caught my attention.

Anyways just wanted to point this out, I am not trying to defend nor attack either side over here just a general thought on the matter.

Latest Posts

Back