Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

yes because I wouldn't consider a game with more than 1000 cars and tons of things to do 'incomplete'
Where the 1000 cars consist of around 200 as Premium, having PS3-level quality? Yeah... that would define 'incomplete'. Complete would mean all of cars or majority of them are Premiums.

Well, that is my opinion so deal with it. The PS2 cars didn't look worse on the PS3, they looked better especially with 1080p. Even if there were bugs in the beginning, I don't care because when I bought the game a few months later, they had clearly been fixed. Also I don't think there were any basic features that were missing. What features are you talking about? And which is YOUR favorite Gran Turismo?
You sure PS2 cars didn't look worse?
gaH9J.jpg

And compared to Semi-Premiums from GT6 (cars that has almost Premium-like exterior but no interior)
2580215-0170354798-TXamA.jpg

He's saying they look better in PS3 than they did on PS2, not that they look better than cars made for PS3. If you want to argue with that, you at least need a comparison screenshot of the same car on PS2.

(I don't entirely agree with him, some cars definitely looked worse, and them being next to high quality models made them stand out even more)

He's saying they look better in PS3 than they did on PS2, not that they look better than cars made for PS3. If you want to argue with that, you at least need a comparison screenshot of the same car on PS2.

(I don't entirely agree with him, some cars definitely looked worse, and them being next to high quality models made them stand out even more)
How are you arguing for his point and against his point at the same time?

Well, that is my opinion so deal with it. The PS2 cars didn't look worse on the PS3, they looked better especially with 1080p. Even if there were bugs in the beginning, I don't care because when I bought the game a few months later, they had clearly been fixed. Also I don't think there were any basic features that were missing. What features are you talking about? And which is YOUR favorite Gran Turismo?

Well, I am not sure why people like you dislike GT5 but love GT4. GT4 didn't have an online multiplayer mode and no one ever said that there was not much to do and no one ever complained. At least GT5 got it after a few days or whatever and it is a bigger game than GT4. Also I know that GT4 didn't have multiplayer because the PS2 was so weak...

PS2 cars on PS3 looked like utter crap, I was ashamed of seeing them on my GT game, which had great graphics when everything was PREMIUM quality, cars and tracks. Standard cars was such an awful idea, I'm glad they scraped it for GTS.

The best GT games in order -
GT4 - Such a fantastic nostalgic well made game, great graphics nd physics for the time, great campaign, varied GT mode with special events etc..

GT3 - Beginning of the real greatness of the series.. Better graphics than GT4 IMO, polished and classy game.

GTS- Fantastic game, launched kinda barebones but atm is great, good car list, kinda weak track list. But is the most polished Gran Turismo ever, game oozes class, best looking 60 fps racing game, good sounds, good physics, everything looks like it belong on a PS4. Bad campaign but great multiplayer.

GT2- Better than GT1 in every single way.

GT1- The beginning, great game with great ideas, already looked like it could be something.

GT5- My most played GT game, good game after all the patches, first version was baaad for something that had been in development for 5 years. I only started to love the game after Spec 2. Had a good campaign mode, looked very good when every part was PS3 (cars and tracks), had great seasonal events, fun multiplayer mode. I hated the fact it had standard cars looking like PS1 among the premium models, just destroyed the immersion, during my first playthrough I sold every single standard car I had, so ugly.

GT6- The weakest one IMO, something about it lacked the GT feeling, the graphics were worse than GT5, it had a monotone feeling about it, the campaign had better structue but worse gameplay, the track list was fantastic but some tracks looked like complete **** (Bathurst shadows..), car list was fantastic, standard cars got a little prettier, the brand central was good as it had every car in the game, lacked the same polish from past games - I felt it was too much for the PS3.

GT7 is going to be the best in the series, they are mixing that GT4 feeling with the GT Sport polishing, graphics, and premium feeling - it has everything to do well, they just need to bring the old tracks back while expanding the new circuits too - campaign wise just fix the AI and have a prize car for winning the tournaments..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am not sure why people like you dislike GT5 but love GT4. GT4 didn't have an online multiplayer mode and no one ever said that there was not much to do and no one ever complained. At least GT5 got it after a few days or whatever and it is a bigger game than GT4. Also I know that GT4 didn't have multiplayer because the PS2 was so weak...

The online system in GT5 was trash, quite frankly. The only way to have proper races was to make a lobby and hope like-minded people joined or join/create a league on websites like this. No matchmaking whatsoever. And to top it off, GT5's single player is totally inferior to GT4's.

PS2 cars on PS3 looked like utter crap, I was ashamed of seeing them on my GT game, which had great graphics when everything was PREMIUM quality, cars and tracks. Standard cars was such an awful idea, I'm glad they scraped it for GTS.

The best GT games in order -
GT4 - Such a fantastic nostalgic well made game, great graphics nd physics for the time, great campaign, varied GT mode with special events etc..

GT3 - Beginning of the real greatness of the series.. Better graphics than GT4 IMO, polished and classy game.

GTS- Fantastic game, launched kinda barebones but atm is great, good car list, kinda weak track list. But is the most polished Gran Turismo ever, game oozes class, best looking 60 fps racing game, good sounds, good physics, everything looks like it belong on a PS4. Bad campaign but great multiplayer.

GT2- Better than GT1 in every single way.

GT1- The beginning, great game with great ideas, already looked like it could be something.

GT5- My most played GT game, good game after all the patches, first version was baaad for something that had been in development for 5 years. I only started to love the game after Spec 2. Had a good campaign mode, looked very good when every part was PS3 (cars and tracks), had great seasonal events, fun multiplayer mode. I hated the fact it had standard cars looking like PS1 among the premium models, just destroyed the immersion, during my first playthrough I sold every single standard car I had, so ugly.

GT6- The weakest one IMO, something about it lacked the GT feeling, the graphics were worse than GT5, it had a monotone feeling about it, the campaign had better structue but worse gameplay, the track list was fantastic but some tracks looked like complete **** (Bathurst shadows..), car list was fantastic, standard cars got a little prettier, the brand central was good as it had every car in the game, lacked the same polish from past games - I felt it was too much for the PS3.

GT7 is going to be the best in the series, they are mixing that GT4 feeling with the GT Sport polishing, graphics, and premium feeling - it has everything to do well, they just need to bring the old tracks back while expanding the new circuits too - campaign wise just fix the AI and have a prize car for winning the tournaments..
"Past, present, and future". Currently just listing the best features of each for the past.
  • GT1 = Special Stage Route 11.
  • GT2 = Racing modifications, obscure unique and memorable cars (ex: Espace F1), manufacturer events, race events divided into certain hp level.
  • GT3 = Fast menu navigations, AI, soundtrack, racing focus, impact for the series, qualifying (the best system between other GTs).
  • GT4 = Most elaborate GT Mode, most amount of same quality cars, most tuning options, Photo Mode, Driving Missions.
  • GT5 = NASCAR/Rally's car damage, proper rally event in Gran Turismo Rally, GT Academy, most garage limit, Online Collectors dealership, Seasonal events.
  • GT6 = Most amount of cars, most amount of tracks, varied modification for cars (compared to other GTs), track editor, special events, dynamic weather & time.
  • GTS = FIA, online and Sport Mode stuff, livery editor, graphics, most realistic physics, car sounds.
The nostalgic part is on point on the trailer so far, and the present obviously stays like online, graphics, car sounds. But what "future" stuff will be in the game other than more cars/tracks?

Last edited:
Almost, GT2 had to many bugs and not enough championships, with the caareer being made up mainly of single races instead.
GT2 had as you say many single races and not enough(in some peoples eyes) championships,but you won a car per race,I could go for that again,providing they give us a big enough garage,as they didn't in GT2.

GT2 had as you say many single races and not enough(in some peoples eyes) championships,but you won a car per race,I could go for that again,providing they give us a big enough garage,as they didn't in GT2.
Absolutely, the format of Championships over single races is a personal preference so some might prefer GT2 in that regard. I was just making the point it wasn't necessarily better than GT1 in every conceivable way with the bugs and all. Though it was the better game overall IMO.

Absolutely, the format of Championships over single races is a personal preference so some might prefer GT2 in that regard. I was just making the point it wasn't necessarily better than GT1 in every conceivable way with the bugs and all. Though it was the better game overall IMO.
I was just really saying that if they went with car per race as opposed to a lot of championships for GT7 (not that I expect it for second) i could go for it,assuming there was enough space in my garage to save them all.

Almost, GT2 had to many bugs and not enough championships, with the caareer being made up mainly of single races instead.
I think Championships can be limited at times, I would think that's an early limitations in the first game, with single races as an evolution in GT2 to be able to set up races with multiple entrances, etc, with Championships in the parts that need it. And the single race in GT2 was able to implement the different power rankings for cars (ex: low/mid/high powered MR cars).

I loved the GT3 Championships in GT6. I entered that the most. So weird how it's changed to GR.3(not only because of the PD designed cars). I'd love for just GT3 only cars to be run in the next game.

I think Championships can be limited at times, I would think that's an early limitations in the first game, with single races as an evolution in GT2 to be able to set up races with multiple entrances, etc, with Championships in the parts that need it. And the single race in GT2 was able to implement the different power rankings for cars (ex: low/mid/high powered MR cars).
They could have done a different champioship for each power ranking, that would have been preferable for me rather than them all being single races. That's where I think GT3 was much better, the FF events for example had three different levels, each level had it's own set of races. So maybe not even make them all champioships, have some simply with more single races. But the one race at each level wasn't ideal for my preferences, though I can see why some people prefered it.

I still loved GT2 though, so much so I still play it (albeit with @pez2k 's GT2+ mod).

The online system in GT5 was trash, quite frankly. The only way to have proper races was to make a lobby and hope like-minded people joined or join/create a league on websites like this. No matchmaking whatsoever. And to top it off, GT5's single player is totally inferior to GT4's.

Matchmaking would've been cool, like the seasonal races, but it was super easy to get a lobby going unless you were doing something below like 300 PP and above 800. Oh and shuffle racing, one of the best features Polyphony have given us. Lots of proper racing was had I don't know what you were doing.

I wonder... Todays State Of Play is for PS4/PSVR titles without major PS5 announcements. But there will be recap of already announced PS5 titles. Sooo... There is a chance to see another footage for GT 7.

I wonder... Todays State Of Play is for PS4/PSVR titles without major PS5 announcements. But there will be recap of already announced PS5 titles. Sooo... There is a chance to see another footage for GT 7.

Unfortunately, no news from PlayStation Studios....

I'm hoping they'll announce another event at the end of this state of play

At any rate, I won't even consider getting a PS5 until I know when GT7 is coming out. Hopefully they may even have a GT7-edition PS5, haha!

I am actually trying to get it day one. I hope GT7 isn't that far away, and if it is i hope we will at least get some nice GT Sport update for PS5 (full VR maybe? )

Back