Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

In GT1, I wasn't on the web. Still buying magazines. Not using a LAN(if it had that feature. Having more features each game after the next doesn't make the newer games more complete.

As a single player, throughout all GT games, the only games I found to be incomplete were the prologues. Obviously they were previews to what we'd see Soon™.

The course maker and real world telemetry thing, I guess PD had to experiment with them. However, lacking many of us may have felt about such features, compared to other games having those features, PD took the chance. Remember, Kaz has always said he doesn't look at other games.

Anyway, as a lover of cars. GT1-4, GTPSP were and are complete to me. Again, I didn't investigate game completion glitches or what have you. Replayability was high for me and I got my enjoyment and love of new and amazing imports from Gran Turismo.

I'm not setting rules. I've given my reasons why I think GT6 is the most compelte game in the series. Everything is negotiable in a discussion , thats how discussion works, you have your opinion, I have mine. Your opinion is that it peacked at GT4, cool, thats great, GT4 is a fine game for sure. What makes it more complete for you?
Racing. Simple really. There is NO racing in GT6. It is catch the rabbit while dodging the mobile chicanes. That is NOT racing. In a RACE GAME. All the cars and tracks in the world don't make one bit of difference to that. Extra cars on track just means more mobile chicanes to pass.

I wouldn't think GT mode in GT1 gives more than GT5 or GT6, because GT1 has so little events. Though GT1 was a game on PS1 released on '97 so the effort is more there.

It shouldn't be. It should be the worst GT game. It came first and everything that came after should have built on that.

My option on GT6 is above. It is the worst. And by a margin.

GT5 added experience and leveling which introduced compulsory grinding to make progress. I'm personally convinced it was put in to hide the small size of GT-Mode when it is put up against GT4. There is a good game underneath that but they don't make it easy to find. That is why it is the second worst.

Last edited:
Racing. Simple really. There is NO racing in GT6. It is catch the rabbit while dodging the mobile chicanes. That is NOT racing. In a RACE GAME. All the cars and tracks in the world don't make one bit of difference to that. Extra cars on track just means more mobile chicanes to pass.

It shouldn't be. It should be the worst GT game. It came first and everything that came after should have built on that.

GT5 added experience and leveling which introduced compulsory grinding to make progress. I'm personally convinced it was put in to hide the small size of GT-Mode when it is put up against GT4. There is a good game underneath that but they don't make it easy to find. That is why it is the second worst.

There we go. Progress. To be fair I prefer the catch up style. Reminds me of Ridge Racer. I don't t think GT has ever had AI good enough for any of the games to lay claim to having good racing. Hopefully the analysis on the AI in another thread is correct and there will be some improvement.

There we go. Progress. To be fair I prefer the catch up style. Reminds me of Ridge Racer. I don't t think GT has ever had AI good enough for any of the games to lay claim to having good racing. Hopefully the analysis on the AI in another thread is correct and there will be some improvement.
It's good that you prefer that catch up style. I like it as well. In arcade mode. I want something different in GT-Mode. Something that isn't a pushover. Have you seen Tidgney play GT2 on YouTube? Epic fun.

That's funny, because I find GT5 worse than GT6. With that said, it isn't the worst GT title imo, because Gran Turismo PSP exists. :P

I mean, I understand why you dislike GT6 more, but I guess a lot of the things that bothered you honestly didn't bother me. My big problem is that I've never been a good driver and because of that, the chase-the-rabbit AI has been enough of a challenge for me. With that said, I remember GT5 having that too, I remember having to fight my way overtaking car after car for five laps in some of GT5's events.

However, the fact I had to deal with that ridiculous level up system before being able to buy any cars and access later events at the time annoyed me. Not to mention the fact PD made B-Spec it's own separate series of events versus being an option like in GT4. Honestly, I would go on to say I thought GT6 in its incomplete state was still a more enjoyable game to me than GT5 Spec 2.0.

That's funny, because I find GT5 worse than GT6. With that said, it isn't the worst GT title imo, because Gran Turismo PSP exists. :P

I mean, I understand why you dislike GT6 more, but I guess a lot of the things that bothered you honestly didn't bother me. My big problem is that I've never been a good driver and because of that, the chase-the-rabbit AI has been enough of a challenge for me. With that said, I remember GT5 having that too, I remember having to fight my way overtaking car after car for five laps in some of GT5's events.

However, the fact I had to deal with that ridiculous level up system before being able to buy any cars and access later events at the time annoyed me. Not to mention the fact PD made B-Spec it's own separate series of events versus being an option like in GT4. Honestly, I would go on to say I thought GT6 in its incomplete state was still a more enjoyable game to me than GT5 Spec 2.0.
I'm not the fastest either but in GT6 I did a two lap race around High Speed Ring and passed all the cars half way round the first lap. Oops I thought. My car is too strong for this. Nope. The ex leader stuck to me like glue and sent passed me on the start/finish straight. Problem I thought. He has better straight line. I'll have to block next time round. He stuck to me all round the second lap, I got the best exit I could and checked the rear camera. He was right behind me blipping the throttle! He lifted to not beat me. I won by 3 tenths. :grumpy:

GT5 AI wasn't bad initially but they changed it so that if you got along side them they would get out of the throttle and not contest the corner.

I like GT PSP. Okay, its not exactly brilliant but it can be good fun.

I like GT PSP. Okay, its not exactly brilliant but it can be good fun.
You're right, it can be good fun. However, I can't forgive it for PD not even putting an effort to give it a GT mode and they decided to make buying cars all randomized. They took GT5's UCD, but now made it applied to every car and made it worse since now you can only pick 4 makes at a time. Yeah, I hate that.

I'm not setting rules. I've given my reasons why I think GT6 is the most compelte game in the series. Everything is negotiable in a discussion , thats how discussion works, you have your opinion, I have mine. Your opinion is that it peacked at GT4, cool, thats great, GT4 is a fine game for sure. What makes it more complete for you?

GT6 is a racing game that doesn't have proper offline racing. It is not even part of a package, never mind the complete package.

In the previous games you could at least hobble your car a bit so it was more similar to the AI cars, you could start on the same grid as them and just about have a race. In GT6, that isn't possible because you never race any of the AI. You either pick a car that can't catch first place before the time runs out, or you don't. No racing occurs. It's an utter failure in that regard.

GT6 is a racing game that doesn't have proper offline racing. It is not even part of a package, never mind the complete package.
Also a lack of ucd was a big no-no for me,cycling that was a big part of 5 for me.

I dunno about you guys, but the only redeeming feature of GT5 to me at this point is that you can make some crazy hybrid cars if you don’t update the game.

I don’t see myself ever revisiting GT6, I remember reaching IA-level events and just stopping because it became tiring and monotonous (and also my PS3 was dying but that’s besides the point)

I've justified why I'm saying it but you seem completely
No you didn't. You asked a dumb rhetorical question and then acted like people have another arm coming out of their ass when people gave you an answer you didn't want. You even admit as such here:
You're doing the equivalent of saying yes to a multiple choice question where one of the answer isn't yes.

but you seem completely and utterly inept at being able to do the same.
Reading not much of a strong suit either, I see.
Having played all the GT games up through 6, it's certain that the latter two weren't playtested very much in comparison. But I guess that doesn't count for how "complete" they are compared to how many half implemented features PD listed on the back of the box.
GT5 was so unfinished that it didn't even allow you to change gears ratios at launch. Even after they patched in the online play, it was so barebones that you basically couldn't restrict anything beyond tires. It took months until very basic functionality and bugs in the game was patched to actually work correctly (the funniest one was the game crashing when you opened the garage after you got a certain amount of cars, and getting slower and slower until that point).

Perfectly willing to listen to reason and have discussion but you're failed to deliver on that.
This isn't my first rodeo in the lead up to a new GT game. I'm pretty sure you aren't,

There we go. Progress. To be fair I prefer the catch up style. Reminds me of Ridge Racer.

In my opinion GT6 is the second best GT after GT5
Your opinion was also that GT5 wasn't unfinished when it released.

No you didn't. You asked a dumb rhetorical question and then acted like people have another arm coming out of their ass when people gave you an answer you didn't want. You even admit as such here:

Reading not much of a strong suit either, I see.

This isn't my first rodeo in the lead up to a new GT game. I'm pretty sure you aren't,

Your opinion was also that GT5 wasn't unfinished when it released.

Its not a dumb rhetorical question, people criticising my view didn’t counter with any points, other than my opinion was wrong. Perfectly happy to have a discussion on which ones people prefer and why, especially in the context of desires for the next one. But congratulations, you got there eventually. Good job you.

I have played GT since GT2 and I've been a fan since. Though it's my favourite because it was my first introduction into GT, GT6 is by far the best GT game out there. Play it to this day.

GT1 was the game that got me into racing in the first place.

I always loved GT3 a lot, i remember i got GT4 at toy's r us when I released because it was sold out everywhere else. I had $60 exactly and my dad had to pay for the tax haha!

The good times. I think i was a sophomore in high school.

Last edited:
yes because I wouldn't consider a game with more than 1000 cars and tons of things to do 'incomplete'

With 900 or so of those cars barely touched up PS2 models that PD only chucked in because they wanted to make lemonade out of lemons and to fulfill a bullet point on the back of the box and in reviews?

With 900 or so of those cars barely touched up PS2 models that PD only chucked in because they wanted to make lemonade out of lemons and to fulfill a bullet point on the back of the box and in reviews?
796 standard models to be exact, 401 premium models.

But congratulations, you got there eventually. Good job you.
And since both of my posts were made before yours, I guess I'm glad you were eventually capable of reading them.

yes because I wouldn't consider a game with more than 1000 cars and tons of things to do 'incomplete'
That's nice. I mean the person who made the game apologized for the state the game was in when it released and PD immediately set about fixing a bunch of bugs, the crappy performance and adding basic features to the game; but it's nice that PD porting a bunch of PS2 stuff (in many cases so badly that they looked substantially worse than the games they came from) and putting bullet points on the back of the box was enough for you to throw up the mission accomplished banner.

Last edited:
And since both of my posts were made before yours, I guess I'm glad you were eventually capable of reading them.

That's nice. I mean the person who made the game apologized for the state the game was in when it released and PD immediately set about fixing a bunch of bugs, the crappy performance and adding basic features to the game; but it's nice that PD porting a bunch of PS2 stuff (in many cases so badly that they looked substantially worse than the games they came from) and putting bullet points on the back of the box was enough for you to throw up the mission accomplished banner.
Well, that is my opinion so deal with it. The PS2 cars didn't look worse on the PS3, they looked better especially with 1080p. Even if there were bugs in the beginning, I don't care because when I bought the game a few months later, they had clearly been fixed. Also I don't think there were any basic features that were missing. What features are you talking about? And which is YOUR favorite Gran Turismo?

What 'tons of things'? I think some people honestly forget how barebones v1.00 of GT5 was. Try it some time, it was missing a plethora of basic features, including online play entirely, although that is now a moot point of course.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-26-gran-turismo-5-online-article
Well, I am not sure why people like you dislike GT5 but love GT4. GT4 didn't have an online multiplayer mode and no one ever said that there was not much to do and no one ever complained. At least GT5 got it after a few days or whatever and it is a bigger game than GT4. Also I know that GT4 didn't have multiplayer because the PS2 was so weak...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back