Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
Yooo, does anyone know if 6* engine tickets still change when you re-roll? Got another duplicate and I just want it to changeeee

Yooo, does anyone know if 6* engine tickets still change when you re-roll?
No tickets change when you re-roll. The only time they may change is after a content update, which results in the list from which they draw being re-ordered.

No tickets change when you re-roll. The only time they may change is after a content update, which results in the list from which they draw being re-ordered.
rightt, I’ll likely save the ticket for a future update. Hopefully we get 1 for april before this ticket expires may 2nd

Not bad. I've been using the Escudo, which can now run power so insane that it gets to P1 just after the first chicane. Highly recommend :P If only the Evo X had 6 gears.
would be great, the evo X swapped is already a very good car at 600 & 700pp winning those grind events without effort on hard

Well, this game's just given me my 5th consecutive VK45DE-GT-R engine in a row that's only suitable for one car 🌝 I literally told myself after the last time I won that engine that if it gave me that engine again I was gonna straight up uninstall the game. I'm fed up with this ****** roulette system, it's the absolute worst thing Polyphony has ever done to Gran Turismo, full stop.

I really wish PD would either let us buy engine swaps already, or at least put some sort of staggered reward system into the daily mileage. Something like consecutive login bonuses from GT5. Give us a 3 star ticket for our first day log in and mileage, 4 star for 2nd day, 5 star for 3rd day, 6 star for 4th day and engine or parts ticket for 5th day.

They could also mess with the actual odds a little since they are pretty terrible, but I'd honestly be happy enough with the above. It at least would mean you don't have to concede that you will just probably never get to do some swaps ever. It also rewards people playing more.
Alternatively, they could let us buy engines. Crazy, I know.
I would even accept having to buy the donor car before being able to access the engine purchase, like the old paint chip system in GT5.
Like many others I have received only one or two new engines since the bonanza days, and have even run out of LT5s now.... while I still have 20 or so of some others.

Last edited:
Well, this game's just given me my 5th consecutive VK45DE-GT-R engine in a row that's only suitable for one car 🌝 I literally told myself after the last time I won that engine that if it gave me that engine again I was gonna straight up uninstall the game. I'm fed up with this ****** roulette system, it's the absolute worst thing Polyphony has ever done to Gran Turismo, full stop.
I feel for you! the first 3 engines received were all 3 ford gt lm engines over here.
the roulette system is ridiculous and I think it makes the game way less attractive for other people. It would be much smarter and more fun from Polyphony to lock the engine tickets behind tournaments in single player or objectives like racing certain endurance races for 6 hours or something so you can atleast work towards engines instead of hoping on engines like an idiot.
If they would make the single player aspect of the game more lively and attractive then people would be happier to purchase stuff instead of how it is now. They should be more creative in creating that environment. Happy customers are paying customers!

The roulette system now does more harm than good fot the longevity of the game

When you say you’ve received 5 in a row, do you mean:
a. You have received 5 roulette tickets in a row and they have all been the VK45DE-GT-R?
b. The last 5 tickets that have given you an engine have all been the VK45DE-GT-R?
c. You’ve tried refilling the last engine ticket 5 times with the same VK45DE-GT-R engine every time?

I think its interesting that the Skyline Silhouette's engine is being swapped out to other stuff now, when the vehicle itself would make a great candidate for something much more powerful. Here's to hoping it nabs the Nismo GTR or R92 engine in the future.

Similar problem here, i got 4 Ferrari 458 engines in the last couple of weeks..

When you say you’ve received 5 in a row, do you mean:
a. You have received 5 roulette tickets in a row and they have all been the VK45DE-GT-R?
b. The last 5 tickets that have given you an engine have all been the VK45DE-GT-R?
c. You’ve tried refilling the last engine ticket 5 times with the same VK45DE-GT-R engine every time?
B - Each of the last 5 times the roulette system's given me an engine, either in the 4-star roulette or the one 6-star engine swap roulette (which I have only ever had once in all my time playing this), they've all been the VK45DE-GT-R engine.

I feel for you! the first 3 engines received were all 3 ford gt lm engines over here.
the roulette system is ridiculous and I think it makes the game way less attractive for other people. It would be much smarter and more fun from Polyphony to lock the engine tickets behind tournaments in single player or objectives like racing certain endurance races for 6 hours or something so you can atleast work towards engines instead of hoping on engines like an idiot.
If they would make the single player aspect of the game more lively and attractive then people would be happier to purchase stuff instead of how it is now. They should be more creative in creating that environment. Happy customers are paying customers!

The roulette system now does more harm than good fot the longevity of the game
Agreed, you don't feel rewarded for logging on daily any more, it just feels like Polyphony are scoffing at you for wanting to stay invested in the singleplayer.

Surely actually letting us choose what engines can go in what cars would be a better solution for people with plenty of engines stored away from the bonanza era than increasing the odds of winning newer ones. I'm surprised how few people have complained about the fact that each car only has one choice of engine to go in it. There's something boring about seeing a fast car in a lobby and already knowing what engine it has in, if there was a sense of mystery about it then it would be way more fun.

All of these engines have their own unique strengths and weaknesses and it should be up to us which one we wanna use based on our preferences and applications.

C2C20062-BEE4-4770-B2AC-597FA5B342C6.jpeg
This engine swap is now insanely performant on Le Mans. 210 on the straight, 3 laps on fm6 with short shifting

My idea would be to make a spreadsheet with a stock power number, a fully upgraded power number, then an upgraded number including special parts (if the vehicle has special parts that can be earned). For engine swaps, I would just look up the car that the engine comes from, and check its power rating there.
Good luck. Have all the titanium rods even been earned at this point?

I'm jealous, I'm really looking forward to winning that. However, today I won an LS7 rampage and put it in a 240z, so I'm not complaining. Way more fun than the Superleggera I used it in so far. I'm curious about the RE Am...

Hey Guys,

Couple questions today; just got some new stuff, including my 3rd Ultra Turbo, the 2nd for an engine swap. I already had an Ultra for the RX-7 which can go with the 13B into a the Cappuccino or the Eunos that I received some feedback from you all a while back.

C6227AF0-B83E-4AA8-A3D1-981D15A3037F.png

D348FFB3-2A36-43D6-AE84-87B28413D36A.png

I haven’t permanently kept either yet. The 787 engine would be my 2nd.

Here are the engines I’ve been holding on to
2F33C356-CAE9-4E9D-BFF1-A35BF7F48346.jpeg

So I also have a 5 weight reduction for the RX-7, I know they don’t do that much.
If you had my list of engines, would you keep a 2nd 787B, one for RX-7 and another for RX-8 or would you hold it to roll again in April’s update?

Lastly, I’ve never actually fitted and Ultra before. It sounds like it would be cool to send with my VR38 into one of the swaps. Is that the case? If so, as of 1.31 which would be the best one for that combo?

• Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91
  • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
  • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
  • Nissan Silvia Touring Car

As always, thanks in advance for all of your input

Hey Guys,

Couple questions today; just got some new stuff, including my 3rd Ultra Turbo, the 2nd for an engine swap. I already had an Ultra for the RX-7 which can go with the 13B into a the Cappuccino or the Eunos that I received some feedback from you all a while back.

View attachment 1246946

View attachment 1246945

I haven’t permanently kept either yet. The 787 engine would be my 2nd.

Here are the engines I’ve been holding on to
View attachment 1246947

So I also have a 5 weight reduction for the RX-7, I know they don’t do that much.
If you had my list of engines, would you keep a 2nd 787B, one for RX-7 and another for RX-8 or would you hold it to roll again in April’s update?

Lastly, I’ve never actually fitted and Ultra before. It sounds like it would be cool to send with my VR38 into one of the swaps. Is that the case? If so, as of 1.31 which would be the best one for that combo?

• Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91
  • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
  • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
  • Nissan Silvia Touring Car

As always, thanks in advance for all of your input

As for 787B goes, imo it belongs in a Mazda and given it is a rotary, it is unlikely another brand will get that swap. I'd rather have it in a RX-7 than RX-8, but both are good options. Unless you want to wait to see, if it can later be swapped into a retro RX-7 or something, I'd put those 787Bs to use.

As for the VR swap, ofc Delta gets the power down easier, so one could argue put in that one. But that engine does not belong in that car imo. I wish the Delta rather had a Ferrari F430/458 engine swap or something.. Or even one of those Alfa V8s from 8C..

I'd maybe put the ultra rpm turbo into either the 300ZX or 180SX, depends which you like more. I would put it in the 180SX. I think touring car should stay as is in terms of engine. But ofc if you have many of those after the bonanza then sure you can swap it then.

Last edited:
I always wondered why they chose rx7 engine for the Cappuccino instead of the MX5. It is an overkill even with the MX5!

It is a bit odd having the Cappuccino take a 13B Swap. In terms of OEM engines, from the Swift Gr.4's engine would be equally as viable. And if PD wanted to be even more extreme, how about the Hayabusa V8 from the VGT Gr.3? 🤔 (That does exclude the insanity of having the Escudo's V6 in the Cappuccino though :lol:).

Back