Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
Why does the Willys Jeep have such a low top speed after Hellcat engine swap and full tuning?
Seems like the max is only about 190 mph.
Is it because of wind resistance/aerodynamic drag?

RE Amemiya FD3S = LS7
RX7 Spirit R = 26B

Edit: the RE FD with LS7 swap makes a great drift car, but it's also a decent 700pp track car with the right tune. Spirit R 26B has better mileage though.
Ahh, sorry - my mistake.

Oh dear god, I personally LOVE the RSR swap for the GT3 RS. I fully tuned it with weight reduction level 5 then full ballast on front, it handles so well ! Plus it's still really light even with full ballast, it has great braking distance and it saves a lot of tires. Just don't turbo it, it will destroy the handling imo

Absolutely perfect for WTC700.

I love it too, also with weight reduction 5, but with turbo and medium tires for Sardegna. 1 pit race with possible 1:35... lap times. Handling is better with the non swapped version / swapped non turbo version but not bad at all.

I was kind of disappointed with the performance of my 700pp Mitsubishi GTO with the Escudo swap until I looked at my lap times: I got a 3:56 final lap at Le Sarthe and I could definitely squeeze more performance out of it by playing with the gear ratios. It’s definitely a challenge managing the turbo lag without hurting the top speed too much. I was redlining in 5th gear at 205 mph but I know I can stretch it higher, just not sure how much.

Have you also tried the Escudo swap with the Lancer Evo? What Car feels better for you handling wise, especially braking?

I always have trouble adjusting the gears, i took it for a test run and was topping out at 155mph despite having 788bhp
For swapped fugu z, adjust the gear to 400 or more. It has weird gearing, i adjust it to 400 and it will only topping at 340 kmh and it seems it can go more. Maybe you can stretch it to 420 kmh and it will top at 350+ kmh

The Rampage swapped 240ZG is a blast at 700pp. The GT 86 limited with the C7 ZR-1 swap is more suited to be a drift car since it fries its tires with ease and the fuel economy is terrible, but it was kind of fun smoking all the expensive cars in the Hypercar Parade in a Toyota with 800ish horsepower. You can’t go past ~700pp no matter how many power upgrades you apply and I’m guessing that’s due to the traction issues.

I know it's a little off-topic, but I would love to see PD bring drag races to the game itself, including online races, not only in the missions. I love to re-do the Drag Racing 1/4 mile missions against the Audi, Civic and Viper, and the 0-1000 m against the GT-R. The K20 swaped Fiat 500 is a blast in drag races, 1/4 mile under 10 seconds...

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I made one last version of this spreadsheet to share. As there is still info to get on 3 cars, it will be updated here. I’ll probable add a text version at the bottom of this post when it’s done as the spreadsheet is easier to edit.

There are 3 cars missing info

‘95 911 (waiting for a 2nd copy)
‘97 Supra (waiting for a 2nd copy)
‘32 Roadster (don’t own)

This sheet has all the car swaps alphabetically with cost, their minimum weight, potential max HP & Torque (rounded) from all forced induction available, all upgrades needed for max and if there’s Anti-Lag. Minimum weight with “*” is from lvl5 Ultra, with number within () mean no weight reduction available. The weight section is barely started

The Upgrades are broken into 3 section with abbreviations. If Bore Up, Hi Lift Cam, Stroke Up are available in Ultra they’re not double listed in the regular section; it’s implied they are available. I’ve only included options ‘available to buy’ as it’s of no consequence if say a race muffler or anything else is included in the swap.

A dash “-“ means there are no upgrades available in that section

- Temporary (These are specific to the new engine, no different than the permanent and ultimate)
  • Intercooler = Int
  • Air Filter = AF
  • Muffler = Muf
  • Intake Manifold = Mani
- Permanent
  • Bore up = B
  • Hi Lift Cam = H
  • Hi Compression Piston = C
  • Race Crank = R
  • Stroke Up = S
  • Engine Balance = E
  • Polish Parts = P
- Ultra
  • Bore Up S = B+
  • Stroke Up = S+
  • Hi Lift Cam = H+
  • Titanium Rod… = TR
  • Carbon Prop Shaft = CP
  • Supercharger = SC
  • Ultra Turbo = UT
The Max HP (and torque) are listed for example as 475/550/650 for L/M/H turbo. It should be obvious

Edit: I moved the engine list below everything to a new page to condense more. There’s a button on the bottom now to toggle and view the engine list

Last edited:
Took the Nissan Z432 for a blast around the nurb after swap. Did nothing but plonk engine and Sports Hard tyres on it and it was great to drive. Lively and fun with the power the car needed to begin with :D

Took the Nissan Z432 for a blast around the nurb after swap. Did nothing but plonk engine and Sports Hard tyres on it and it was great to drive. Lively and fun with the power the car needed to begin with :D
had the same experience but at suzuka, what a glorious drive it is...i had sports softs on and had added a computer and race manifold and exhaust but it was awesome! I took 1st place against the GT500 GTR into the chicane on lap5 of the 5 lap race for the win... so much fun.. the GTR was faster on the straights but thru the corners and under brakes, that little Z432 was killer

Do you think is possible for the Ferrari fxxk and p1 gtr engines to ever become engine swaps?

I was thinking if they did what car would they be for?

My guess the p1 gtr engine would go into the 650S and the ferrari engine would go into the F8 Tributo.

anyway just wishful thinking.:)

Do you think is possible for the Ferrari fxxk and p1 gtr engines to ever become engine swaps?

My guess the p1 gtr engine would go into the 650S and the ferrari engine would go into the F8 Tributo.

It surprised me that any Ferrari engine became swappable at all, so at this point I don’t think it’s impossible. I think any future Ferrari engine combos could be fair game for any Fiat/Alfa product, I don’t think Mclaren is nearly as uptight with their brand so their engines could go anywhere IMO. If the Lotus license ever gets revived a Mclaren V8 in an Elise or Evora would be spicy.

Hybrid engines might be a bit tricky to properly implement into another car.

It surprised me that any Ferrari engine became swappable at all, so at this point I don’t think it’s impossible. I think any future Ferrari engine combos could be fair game for any Fiat/Alfa product, I don’t think Mclaren is nearly as uptight with their brand so their engines could go anywhere IMO. If the Lotus license ever gets revived a Mclaren V8 in an Elise or Evora would be spicy.
Maybe a V8 S2000.

I wouldn't mind a 458 Italia swap for the GT-86 ;)

Since we already have the 458 V8 to swap into the 4C, this isn't so much of a sretch.

Last edited:
p78
I was pleasently surprised that the 240ZG, after you put a race transmission in, switches to 6 gears. That in combination with the Rampage engine makes it a monster.
I agree, didn't expect a 6 speed gearbox in there, a very pleasant and fun swap!

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Best Engine Swaps

As of Gran Turismo 7’s 1.34 update, which arrived on May 25, the ability to swap out your car’s ordinary engine for something a bit more potent has become more widely available – if a little on the expensive side...

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Best Engine Swaps

As of Gran Turismo 7’s 1.34 update, which arrived on May 25, the ability to swap out your car’s ordinary engine for something a bit more potent has become more widely available – if a little on the expensive side...
Best article Ive read on here for quite a while, gonna have a try of each of the recommendations.

Me want
HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16) engine for Honda Civic Type R 97 or 98, please

But me wait

I wish and me dream

If Ferrari FXX from GT6 is back to GT7 update then Enzo wirh FXX engine then ultimate Enzo

I know not exactly

Back