Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,475 comments
So everything is possible...
Rewatch?
Pbinky its unfinished bro ..
like i said, binky's wheel arches are far from the stock mini ones from the 60s, so are the ones from every b or k series engined mini, suzuki's g13b is one engine that lets you keep the original aesthetics, im not saying its impossible, but ive never seen one

i know its unfinished, cant i rewatch all the available episodes?

mcm's mini keeps the original arches but its a 90s mini, so wider arches, gt7 mini is a mk1

its impossible with the k20c1 because of the turbo, as long as you want the engine to stay at the front, if it was the regular k20a, with a little fabrication you can keep the stock looks, although im not sure if you can keep the stock wheel arches, but you can definitely keep the hood, however most people go with an elongated hood and call it a day since its cheaper and easier to do
There’s already a kswapped turbo old mini here in the states drag racing I’m real life so anything is possible

There’s already a kswapped turbo old mini here in the states drag racing I’m real life so anything is possible
yep, i assume youre talking about the k20c1 one with an engine in the back that hardly ressembles a 60s mini?

its not that its impossible, it seems to be impossible considering gt7's k20c1 swapped mini doesnt change the appearance of the classic mini

like i said, the guys from mighty car mods have a b16b mini that looks stock on the outside, bu 90s mini had bigger wheel arches than 60s mini did

Anyone Enzo'd the F40 yet?

Any reviews? Is it usable?
It's definitely usable. I've not done any set up work bar adding body work that came with a "Pilot" style and adding some hard slicks to up the pp.
Far from a max tune but I am sure any craziness that might bring to the table could be sorted with a setup.
Definitely falls into the plug in and play category of swaps.

Ayy long time lurker (prebonanza) I just wanna thank everyone for all the gathered knowledge. Post bonanza swaps I’ve done are golf, focus, tvr, and the F40. The f40 is hands down the fastest around the track and easily beats the F8 and f50 but when braking at high speeds too hard it feels like it’s trying to grab its own ankles. TVR is surprising very planted and grippy it’s 2200lbs at 50/50 balance and 955hp I highly recommend the TVR. The focus I’ve put up 1,300miles is my 700pp grind car, loves the rain and gets crazy gas mileage, and is a beast in it’s all out tune and it’s still begging for more power at 789hp. And than there’s the golf. I loved it when I first started driving it cuz of the speed but quickly fell out of love, it just struggles hard to find grip on corner exits and spins the tire up to 130mph and just nvr really feels good to drive and the lap times are miles behind the other 3 swap.

yep, i assume youre talking about the k20c1 one with an engine in the back that hardly ressembles a 60s mini?

its not that its impossible, it seems to be impossible considering gt7's k20c1 swapped mini doesnt change the appearance of the classic mini

like i said, the guys from mighty car mods have a b16b mini that looks stock on the outside, bu 90s mini had bigger wheel arches than 60s mini did
Come on mate! How many people you need to told you that almost anything is possible..
How old are you and how many swaps do you create or create with your car* friends irl?
Have you own a swap car irl?
You look like you don't have an Idea about cars irl..

Come on mate! How many people you need to told you that almost anything is possible..
How old are you and how many swaps do you create or create with your car* friends irl?
Have you own a swap car irl?
You look like you don't have an Idea about cars irl..
ive never said it was impossible, i said that i have never seen a k20 (NA) on a 60s mini because those wheel arches are small and the honda engine eats a lot of space, now add the turbo and it gets much worse

sorry but i dont need validation from strangers, i was just stating that i have never seen it, if you think its ok, more power to you, but until i see one pic of it, im sorry but im inclined to think it cant be done

I have seen a Mini with a honda swap IRL, though I'm not sure of the actual engine in it. The photo is collecting dust somewhere in my phone's memory, I'll grab it later.

Así que he estado tomando la mayoría de los autos con cambio de motor en carreras de velocidad máxima para mi propia referencia, un par de esos videos están en este hilo, pero pensé que les gustaría ver mejor qué cambios terminan en el orden jerárquico:

Enlace de hoja

Incluyó algunos autos rápidos no intercambiados para comparar. No hay sorpresas en algunos de esos lugares más altos, pero es una pena que no tenga todas las piezas especiales o los nuevos intercambios del F40 y el Countach.:indiferencia:

Thanks a lot

I have seen a Mini with a honda swap IRL, though I'm not sure of the actual engine in it. The photo is collecting dust somewhere in my phone's memory, I'll grab it later.
yeah, its a common swap, d16s are roughly the same weight as the 1.3 a-series, b16s and k20s are heavier but that doesnt stop people from putting them all the time, but the wheel arches...

this is the same model year as the mini in gt7:
5423-345-mini-cooper-s-rallye-monte-carlo-1967@2x.jpg

this is a 90s mini (notice the wider wheel arches) with a b16b engine
maxresdefault.jpg

with the k20 it just gets wider arches, just search "k20 mini" on google images, not saying its impossible, but i have never seen it, just like ive never seen a k20c1 powered mini with the engine at the front, look at this one for example and how much the wheels stick out:
346c7040567b99ba74d64718ec8067e3.jpg

this is the same model year as the mini in gt7:
5423-345-mini-cooper-s-rallye-monte-carlo-1967@2x.jpg
I'm pretty sure the widebody modification wheel arches in GT7, are actually fairly wider than that. They more resemble those found on MCM's Mini.

Personally I'm of the mind that although it may not be an accurate doable representation in GT7, i can forgive PD and allow my eyes to accept the look, even if the track should be a bit wider if the car did have a K20c1 swap.

I'm pretty sure the widebody modification wheel arches in GT7, are actually fairly wider than that. They more resemble those found on MCM's Mini.

Personally I'm of the mind that although it may not be an accurate doable representation in GT7, i can forgive PD and allow my eyes to accept the look, even if the track should be a bit wider if the car did have a K20c1 swap.
yeah, but you dont need to do the widebody modification to do the swap

yeah, i like the swap and all, just saying it doesnt look like its too realistic

Looks like the Car Collection remembers what you bought, and even if you sold the last example in your garage, you won't lose the "extended" description in that menu.

As for the Q's availability, it likely will be back this week.
Champion. Thanks mate, I found one. Now I just need to tune this thing so it stays on the road. It's got BALLS!

Ok, thanks for the important information.

Back on topic, anyone else swapped the RSR engine yet?
Yes but I haven't driven it yet.
Everything is possible..
Check..
project binky
Like an Oldsmobile 350 in a sixth gen F-150. I asked the guy how he did it.
"Very carefully and it runs much better now."
Finally collected on my Skyline, BMW & Bugatti tickets. Bagged my first Rampage engine and a spare Enzo engine. Out the Rampage in the Amuse, good plug in and play but very fuel hungry. Hopefully there will be another Enzo swap in the future. 3rd ticket was a Lexus (Bonanza) engine so kept that for a reroll at the end of Jan, assuming we get an update. Getting nothing but 3* tickets all month for marathons though 😮‍💨
The Rampage engine is thirsty in the DeLorean also, but it's just stupid fast and will carry the wheels. It's easier to drive than the Escudo was at Willow Springs in the Repecharge. It has both snap oversteer and a tiny bit of lift throttle oversteer, but nothing that'll keep you from winning the 700 and 800 PP grinds.
Once you hit 88 miles per hour, you're good to go. It'll hit 201 on the straights. That ought to be enough to send me back in time to Gran Turismo 1.

Last edited:

No physical changes from when I seen it at the track this past summer but the rwd drivetrain swap and turbo sticking out the trunk

Got the Ford GT test car engine wondering if I should chuck it in the focus or keep it incase something else to drop it in shows up.

On another note we need a bonanza again. Missing engines makes me hurt.
I chucked mine in the focus and haven't regretted... yet... very friendly swap and is instantly usable without any tuning.

So I finally swapped my S2000 with the NSX engine, for me the most difficult car to tune for a save driving experience lol.
It now brakes in a rather straight line in stead of torpedo itself in an oppositie direction of what you would expect 🤣, so we are getting somewere...🤣

So I finally swapped my S2000 with the NSX engine, for me the most difficult car to tune for a save driving experience lol.
It now brakes in a rather straight line in stead of torpedo itself in an oppositie direction of what you would expect 🤣, so we are getting somewere...🤣
The braking in the car is dreadful it likes to torpedo itself so much

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I managed to tune it! I had to think a bit outside of the box and I'm still making some corrections, but as I said before, the aero on the S2000 has so much potential that after a good tune, this thing is crazy good. I've gotten a 6:14 on Nordshleife so far and a 1:48 on Tokyo East Clockwise (making only 340 on the long straight). It eats corners, brakes in an instant and listens to you like a child. No need for any assistance either.

For me, it's the best sleeper car so far. You can compete against every road car, Group 3 and even sometimes Group 2 in corners and smoke them. The acceleration is exceptional as well (thanks to unlimited grip), so corner exits in the S2000 look like you've enabled some kind of cheat code :P

The one thing is that you need to drive it more like a racing car and keep in mind that the aero is pushing so much air at all times that if you're in line, there is no way to correct it by steering. To rotate a bit more in corners, it's best to actually tap the brakes a bit and the S2000 magically finds its line again.

This tune is good enough. i messed up some setting yesterday, but i think it's all fixed. I mainly focus on suspension and aero, not an expert on differential so maybe you guys can find better settings.
If you want S2000 to add more under/oversteering play with "Toe Angle". When braking from top speed make shure you driving in a straight line, you can change braking balance as well.

Have fun :) pls share if you find some better settings ;P

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-4 o 02.45.53.png
Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-4 o 02.46.21.png

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder howuch they work on these engine swaps. My RX-8 breaks away even under full auto drive, yet for some reason I find the DeLorean quite tame as long as I use a little finesse.
If the Amuse is as good as ya'll say, I can't wait for another LS7 to put in it. The DeLorean makes good use of it IMO.
But this is coming from the guy who won relatively early at Tokyo with a 26B RX-7.
I also got hold of a C6 engine yesterday, I had them deliver it straight into the nearest Trans Am.
Tires? What's that?

Back