Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,475 comments
I want to use my 787B engine, should it go in the RX-7 or the RX-8?
I personally find it works better in the RX-8, the RX-7 with 787B feels like someone waxed the brake pads and drained half the brake fluid to me. A lot of others seem to really like it in the RX-7 though so maybe I’m missing something, but haven’t been motivated to figure it out. shrug

Last edited:
Does this make me a bonanza boomer?! Conceived' during the "cafe' overtock of engines, from a camaro daddy and a mustang mommy, that now rides in a compromise on a dodge😇
"And I will call her.. "daily workout". 🥰😂
FB_IMG_1678924773196.jpg

Her mother actually named her Dahlia, so close! Actually got an engine on a 4 star daily on remote play while at hospital.
(Ford gt LM, have it but twas' not a bonanza' era motor)
Take note polyphony, you could be stimulating sperm with engines and s parts, creating new customers for generations to come! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Congratulations! 😁

I’m in the process of organising all my swapped cars, adding liveries and fine tuning the setups. I got 8 of them together for a few custom races. And whoever mentioned the Audi TTS with the V8 swap is right. It flies. Easy 200+ mph and I haven’t even touched the biggest turbo.

I figured it’s futile becoming bored with the game’s existing races/menus. There’s plenty of fun in creating your own ‘themed’ races.

Got 2 R92CP engines this week, 1 from a 4 star ticket, the other from a 6 star yesterday. I've put one into my R34 and have been messing around with it, I feel like there's a lot of potential from this engine but haven't been able to find the sweet spot in top speed/acceleration to make it dominate as much as it should. Been using a mix of Praiano's tunes for the R34 and R92 as a starting point and so far it's been a decent start.

I think RX7 will be faster in straight line but RX8 must be more manageable.
I would prefer RX8 since am standing in the safer side .
I want to use my 787B engine, should it go in the RX-7 or the RX-8?

I placed them(when I had all my bonanza R26Bs) in four RX-8s, to mimic the 2009 Rolex GT series. Best way I utilised them.
20970801922005891.jpg

20969952235461628.jpg
20970302499134078.jpg

So worth it, being able to do this in the game:

Last edited:
the time trial gave me some momentum to try and tune the Pike's Peak VW...

at 789hp or something with the high rpm add-on it is a bit tricky to work out how not to burn the tires off. its easy enough to control, even at high speeds, but someone smarter will have to work out how to make the gears smoother. straightening out the tires and shifting some of the weight helped but i'm not quite there yet.

i usually try to make gr4/3 cars with these swaps, but this one would be optimal as a drift or rally tune. the car can be nearly sideways and using the throttle will straighten it out (while ripping all of the tires to pieces).

20970135248854993.jpg

the time trial gave me some momentum to try and tune the Pike's Peak VW...

at 789hp or something with the high rpm add-on it is a bit tricky to work out how not to burn the tires off. its easy enough to control, even at high speeds, but someone smarter will have to work out how to make the gears smoother. straightening out the tires and shifting some of the weight helped but i'm not quite there yet.

i usually try to make gr4/3 cars with these swaps, but this one would be optimal as a drift or rally tune. the car can be nearly sideways and using the throttle will straighten it out (while ripping all of the tires to pieces).

View attachment 1240958

I can't for the life of me get that thing to stop straight with just the swap.

Last edited:
Am I missing something ? I have a Beetle maxed at a massive 90bhp, I know a faster one exists as I was overtaken by one online, how and what do I have to do to get that engine swap ? tia.

Am I missing something ? I have a Beetle maxed at a massive 90bhp, I know a faster one exists as I was overtaken by one online, how and what do I have to do to get that engine swap ? tia.
You can acquire engines from tickets (gained through GT Cafe or Daily Workout), either very rarely from high-level tickets or specific six-star "engine" tickets. There is no way to determine what engine you get.

Keep in mind from what I have read getting better tickets goes hand in hand with your Sport (Online) race status. Better your rank, better the tickets. Now how this plays out in game is up for debate. But, since my rank has come up from the last round of GTWS I have got better tickets. It took a day or two for them to come. Just what I have seen in my game.
That said, I have not gotten a engine since the last update. 😠

Keep in mind from what I have read getting better tickets goes hand in hand with your Sport (Online) race status. Better your rank, better the tickets. Now how this plays out in game is up for debate. But, since my rank has come up from the last round of GTWS I have got better tickets. It took a day or two for them to come. Just what I have seen in my game.
That said, I have not gotten an engine since the last update. 😠
Tickets are linked to your collector level. Ive done 1 sport race and I still get plenty decent tickets. I think what you’re experiencing is purely coincidence. I’ve noticed that the good tickets come in waves. Recently I had 2 4 star tickets with Cr.500,000, a Porsche RSR engine and a couple new cars in the space of a few days!

That said, I have not gotten a engine since the last update. 😠
Tickets are linked to your collector level. Ive done 1 sport race and I still get plenty decent tickets. I think what you’re experiencing is purely coincidence. I’ve noticed that the good tickets come in waves. Recently I had 2 4 star tickets with Cr.500,000, a Porsche RSR engine and a couple new cars in the space of a few days!
Thanks, I am level 50 here for a while now I think, just a couple of Menu's left to do (mostly occupied by cars I have no interest in wasting credits on)

I have quite a list of content/features I want now that is seemingly blocked by "chance" which is frustrating, slowly losing interest tbh, been grinding recently in preparation to buy a few cars that never seem to show up, that is the main reason I have started to look to tuning a select few cars in the meantime, the Beetle looks like it could be a lot of fun with some power.

Last edited:
Back