Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,473 comments
Okay, I checked that a Toyota 86 GT '15 can't have the V8 engine from the Suzuki VGT Gr.3 via the engine swap, unlike its Subaru counterpart.

Okay, I checked that a Toyota 86 GT '15 can't have the V8 engine from the Suzuki VGT Gr.3 via the engine swap, unlike its Subaru counterpart.
That oddity was noted last month, but it's good to know it's still the case.

Did some runs in the new swaps:

GTO/Escudo swap at 297mph:

RX7 GTX/787 swap at 287mph:

Porsche 911 Carrera/CTR3 Swap at 267mph:

Don't ask how many credits I spent on all the new upgrades and swaps :ouch:

GTO looks awesome... so with all that turbo lag, how long did it take to get up to that speed?

Away on holiday until next week, but I think my engine swap gameplay loop will revolve around picking up a second copy of any swappable cars (I have all UCD cars atm) when they appear in the dealership in order to have an engine-swap version of each of them. Funds permitting.

Now that engine swaps are relatively available, I was wondering what is the most profitable way of selling any spare engines that I no longer need? Has anyone got a list, or a easy way of finding out?

Now that engine swaps are relatively available, I was wondering what is the most profitable way of selling any spare engines that I no longer need? Has anyone got a list, or a easy way of finding out?
This would be a game changer if they eventually let u sell our engines from the glitch hahah. I spent all 11 million of my credits last night and am down to just 11 coins

Last edited:
Did some runs in the new swaps:

GTO/Escudo swap at 297mph:

RX7 GTX/787 swap at 287mph:

Porsche 911 Carrera/CTR3 Swap at 267mph:

Don't ask how many credits I spent on all the new upgrades and swaps :ouch:

Dear lord. That GTO gives me Gran Turismo 1 vibes, back when that thing was a freaking speed monster in Test Course.

Can wait to get home and update the game.

Now that engine swaps are relatively available, I was wondering what is the most profitable way of selling any spare engines that I no longer need? Has anyone got a list, or an easy way of finding out?
Currently the only way (unless they snuck in a new way with todays update) is to install it in a car and sell that car. I’d say pick the cheapest car the engine will go into that currently has the highest resale value and do that. You will get extra money with the sale for the swapped engine upgrade, but it’s not really much from what I recall. I only did it with 2 engines because I had a tonnnnn of them and extra cars they could go into I was going to sell.
It doesn’t seem like something worth the effort to do for dozens of engines IMO.
There is no way to outright sell an engine as just an engine currently that I am aware of.

This would be a game changer if they eventually let u sell our engines from the glitch hahah. I spent all 11 million of my credits last night and am down to just 11 coins
I doubt that would happen!
Currently the only way (unless they snuck in a new way with todays update) is to install it in a car and sell that car. I’d say pick the cheapest car the engine will go into that currently has the highest resale value and do that. You will get extra money with the sale for the swapped engine upgrade, but it’s not really much from what I recall. I only did it with 2 engines because I had a tonnnnn of them and extra cars they could go into I was going to sell.
It doesn’t seem like something worth the effort to do for dozens of engines IMO.
There is no way to outright sell an engine as just an engine currently that I am aware of.
Yes, this is what I meant. I wondered if there was a community list, where members were sharing the sale value of cars with engine swaps. I think I'm going to need a few million credits to get the engine swaps I've missed out on - so far.

I doubt that would happen!

Yes, this is what I meant. I wondered if there was a community list, where members were sharing the sale value of cars with engine swaps. I think I'm going to need a few million credits to get the engine swaps I've missed out on - so far.
All it does is add 30k on to the sale price.

Same for every engine and every car

Its finally here and some how I'm kinda sad 😥

Its what I always wanted and now I have it .... I miss wanting it
I remember that feeling well. I completed Pokémon Silver on my Gameboy years ago. I then bought a gameshark cartridge and had access to all of the Pokémon at whatever level I wanted...

Vowed never to do it again in the future and sold the gameshark cartridge to a mate lol.

Funny how some memories linger. This isn't that bad, but still. I wish there'd been another mechanic instead. Win 10 races in a car to unlock the engine swap or something?

What’s the craziest swap we can do?
Just did the one with the gtr engine in a delta integrale + ultimate tuning. 1036 cv and 1118 kg. 413 km/h. Something else?

Last edited:
What’s the craziest swap we can do?
Just did the one with the gtr engine in a delta integrale + ultimate tuning. 1036 cv and 1118 kg. 413 km/h. Something else?
For me the K20 swapped Abarth and Mini swaps are still the “craziest” In terms of sheer stupidity trying to drive the anywhere close to full power.
These are followed VERY closely by the Porsche swapped VWs and the BRZ Drift Car engine swapped into the S13.

Modding a F40 with the enzo engine and a bunch of parts is not cheap 😅🤑. Safe to say did not buy the weight reduction stage 5 lol. Would have considered if it was 40-60 kgs for that price. 🤔(I have extra money to spend as you can see). This one will be an absolute rocketship, 850 friggin pp from a road car and no turbo bs, so easier to get the power down 😈💪. 333SP Le Mans livery and better than 1:1 power to weight ratio 😎. What a great update, probably gonna do some more driving now outside sport mode with all the possibilities now to build absolute monsters.🦖

Man the V12 swap F40 is a beast on Le Mans. With more tuning it can probably get to a 3.24 at Le Mans. Definitely one of the best rwd fully modded road cars in the game 🤔 Even a fully modded Huayra loses to it. Haven't tried though the Enzo and La Ferrari fully modded yet though. Next time F40 comes to Legends, buying it and fully modding the stock engine, but I think it will struggle to get the power down with a turbo.

Last edited:
Sounds familiar, Andrew. Have a good rest of your vacation (as we ex-Colonials call it)/holiday (in the King's English - it's going to continue to be odd not calling it the Queen's English for quite a while).
Well, it was work rather than pleasure. But also pleasure :D
You mean you weren't around on the day a new update dropped :eek:
Yup - I even called it in the forum before the update was announced :lol:

Edit: Okay, post one updated in its original format; I'll add a new format to it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back