Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,566 comments
Did someone tried this one already ;
Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’89 - LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
How is the the PP jump for the C4 afterwards ?

I’ve swapped it but only used it for drifting and it’s great for that, basically running the stock lt5 with exhaust and it’s more than enough. Fully modded it’s up around 815pp

Last edited:
..still waiting for the C4 to show up again in the UCD

I already have 4 or them, but I wanna keep them vanilla for a custom race grid that I use a lot

"It would be nice for GT team to get a pulse on what's acceptable for a fully tuned engine from a tuner.

Windsor-351-Maverick makes way too much power fully tuned imo, more than a fully tuned Veyron. No way that's realistic, an OHV motor from half a century ago vs. a contemporary budgetless VW group build with more displacement."

You obviously know nothing about v8's my man.....

V8's of all designs Can make upwards to 3500-4000bhp with the right parts and some boost.....so for you to think that you cant get 1400bhp is cuckoo.....I've seen STREETABLE 4000bhp cars, that drive across country towing trailers......

You really need to learn man....those engines can make a TONNE of power with the right bits bolted on.....

Thanks for the input from all of you as I am away from GT7 for the time being I had a C4 specially waiting for such a swap !
Yeah man i'm so glad it got one. The standard engine is cool, sounds amazing but has no low end torque / power what so ever. The LT5 is complete opposite, makes it a nicer cruiser for RP lobbies :)

Last edited:
Here I saw the Priano tune for the C4
Dumb question but does he do such for swaped engine cars ?
I just want the swap with some design elements but don’t want to max it all up. Regarding component of the car maybe exhaust only. Just having the punch of the LT5 inside is enough by me. Cheers

"It would be nice for GT team to get a pulse on what's acceptable for a fully tuned engine from a tuner.

Windsor-351-Maverick makes way too much power fully tuned imo, more than a fully tuned Veyron. No way that's realistic, an OHV motor from half a century ago vs. a contemporary budgetless VW group build with more displacement."

V8's of all designs Can make upwards to 3500-4000bhp with the right parts and some boost.....so for you to think that you cant get 1400bhp is cuckoo.....I've seen STREETABLE 4000bhp cars, that drive across country towing trailers......

You really need to learn man....those engines can make a TONNE of power with the right bits bolted on.....
Yep. 1000hp 351w's were being slapped together 30 years ago.

Imagine if they make the 7.6 liter all aluminium Chevy V8 from the Chaparral 2J swapable into one of the classic muscle cars...

It would be lighter than the original iron v8 too while making insane power :bowdown:

We should also be able to connect the 2 stroke engine that powers the fan to the front axle too for a bit of awd torque-vectoring action 😁

Imagine if they make the 7.6 liter all aluminium Chevy V8 from the Chaparral 2J swapable into one of the classic muscle cars...

It would be lighter than the original iron v8 too while making insane power :bowdown:

We should also be able to connect the 2 stroke engine that powers the fan to the front axle too for a bit of awd torque-vectoring action 😁
I like your your way of thinking but not your optimism lol

Gutted about no engine swaps this month, 6* engine ticket is yielding the Hellcat bonanza engine which I do not need any more off... doubt any update for September will be out in time for a reroll 😮‍💨

Gutted about no engine swaps this month, 6* engine ticket is yielding the Hellcat bonanza engine which I do not need any more off... doubt any update for September will be out in time for a reroll 😮‍💨
We got new engine swaps in the 1.36 August update, they were all Ford and Chevrolet. We haven’t gotten the September update yet…unless you mean you know ahead of time there will be no engine swaps in the September update?

We got new engine swaps in the 1.36 August update, they were all Ford and Chevrolet. We haven’t gotten the September update yet…unless you mean you know ahead of time there will be no engine swaps in the September update?

My bad, meant end of august/start of September... I.e. the last update, 1.37

Did nobody point out that for the last engine swap update the Camaro Z28 is '69 instead of the listed '89?
Famine has it correctly listed on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread and PD has this noted correctly in their official notes for the update that added the engine swap.

What do you mean ? The C4 ´89 has a swap too so it is hard to understand
They are two different cars, one is a Camaro and the other a Corvette. Someone incorrectly referenced the Camaro Z28 as an ‘89 instead of a ‘69. The Camaro is a ‘69 and the Corvette a ‘89. They are listed/referenced correctly in PD official notes for the update and in Page 1 of this thread.

Did nobody point out that for the last engine swap update the Camaro Z28 is '69 instead of the listed '89?
The listed '89 Chevy is a Corvette C4, it has an LT5 engine available.
The one you mean is a different swap, LT4 for Camaro Z28 '69.
There is no '89 Camaro in the game at the moment (but I would like one, 3rd gen Camaro is my favourite).

That is what I meant by misunderstanding since both part where kinda in the wrong
I did not imply anyone mistake in the header of the thread nonetheless from Famine himself

Let's compare experiences. I've owned the C7 Z06 Z07 for 3 years, 30K miles. While I drove it on track I never had anyone set a faster time in the same car, except Randy Pobst for Motor Trend mag. Mine only made 650 factory horses. It ran about 20 HOURS of track time before catastrophic engine failure and burned to a crisp. So that's a modern OHV engine, without any bolt ons, and the best Corvette in 2014-2017. Other non catastrophic failures included failed catalytic converters, header, faulty oxygen sensor software, and melted spark plug wires. It would limp even doing autocross due to high intake air charge temps due to inadequate manifold HE design, and had to run 100 octane just to keep it from limping. I also overheated it regularly, even with the additional radiator GM released. So of those 20 track hours, maybe 10 were proper.

I also drove a friend's 800 HP Viper Gen 1. Lasted less than a lap, oil starvation killed the engine. No aero, street tires.

Now please do share your experience on track with 3500-4000bhp OHV cars.

@cvjoint I'm far from being an expert or anything, but aren't those things more:

1. A problem with not having enough cooling on a supercharged engine (well known problem with that car)

and for the Viper,

2. Generating too much G for a car with a wet sump.

Rather than it being something that would only happen to an OHV engine?

🤔

@cvjoint I'm far from being an expert or anything, but aren't those things more:

1. A problem with not having enough cooling on a supercharged engine (well known problem with that car)

and for the Viper,

🤔
Sorry but I feel compelled. You should have got a Miata.

Have you gotten any experience with the latest vet?

and for the Viper,

🤔
1. Yes and no.

Before I bought it, I asked around the paddock C6 ZR1 owners whether they have heat issues. I was told to rest assured, it's not a problem. C6 ZR1 cooling is nearly identical to C7 Z06, and power output is nearly identical. What I realized after the purchase is that most drive parade laps, or don't talk about the shortcomings of their car, but mostly parade laps. You can drive these 20 seconds a lap of pace side by side with Miatas and they cool just fine. You can also drive warm up lap, a good pace hot lap, cool down lap and they do alright as well.

I recommended that GM implement a cooling design similar to the turbo M3 of that time, basically a three radiator setup covering the whole front of the car. Lo and behold they did it eventually, but just for the C7 ZR1. They also copied my power steering cooling solution. The C7 ZR1 still runs really high temps btw, not acceptable for proper racing but ok for enthusiasts.

So tell me what the solution is for a forced induction OHV making 3,500hp. Best you can manage with OHV is a naturally aspirated NASCAR block, with revs reduced to maintain reliability, and a front bumper full of coolers to manage 700hp. Oh wait, they just did that for LeMans 24hrs. 1,400hp or more OHV engine doing long races is a fantasy imo. Is engine architecture related to heat stability? I think yes and no. Yes, because how you draw heat through the engine is architecture, you can melt valves and keep bearings cool, or vice versa. The oil and water cooling and pressure systems are in a way part of the achitecture, see for e.g. integrated dry sump in C8 Corvette or just about any modern Porsche 6 cylinder. And no because you can try to band aid your way with 10 radiators, but are you not driving a bus on the track at some point?

2. Exactly my point. see the pages I wrote on this thread about the Windsor being wet sumped.

The listed '89 Chevy is a Corvette C4, it has an LT5 engine available.
The one you mean is a different swap, LT4 for Camaro Z28 '69.
There is no '89 Camaro in the game at the moment (but I would like one, 3rd gen Camaro is my favourite).
What do you mean ? The C4 ´89 has a swap too so it is hard to understand
Famine has it correctly listed on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread and PD has this noted correctly in their official notes for the update that added the engine swap.

They are two different cars, one is a Camaro and the other a Corvette. Someone incorrectly referenced the Camaro Z28 as an ‘89 instead of a ‘69. The Camaro is a ‘69 and the Corvette a ‘89. They are listed/referenced correctly in PD official notes for the update and in Page 1 of this thread.
Originally the latest Camaro Z28 swap was listed as '89 on post #1, but should have been '69. It was corrected after (not necessarily because) I pointed it out. Now the Z28 stands as '69.

It's a bit confusing since I'm not sure we can see edit history for posts. So if you saw my message after the '89 was fixed to '69, you'd think I'm an idiot. :D

Originally the latest Camaro Z28 swap was listed as '89 on post #1, but should have been '69. It was corrected after (not necessarily because) I pointed it out. Now the Z28 stands as '69.

It's a bit confusing since I'm not sure we can see edit history for posts. So if you saw my message after the '89 was fixed to '69, you'd think I'm an idiot. :D
The post hasn't been edited since August 7th, just under a month before your post...

Screenshot_20230916_143628_Firefox.jpg

If PD could add the CTR ’20 to the HR-414E-NSX list, we’d have the fuel economy to match the Gr.4 FF cars.

Back