PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,832 comments
Certainly I try to tune the Toyota GR010 and it gains more pp on rear height 90 then set on 100. Dont know the reason, but it seems PD changed some „rules“ in tuning/gaining pp. Seems like pp increase now, if u tune it right.
No , this is the same as before .
If you low the front , the game understand this as a car with more over steer , more front grip , more performance = more PP
If you low the front , the game understand this as a car with more under steer , less front grip , less performance = less PP

If you raise both front and rear end , the game understand as a car with less grip overall = less PP
If you low both front and rear end , the game understand as a car with more grip overall = more PP

All this is ok , it could be a perfect system , the problem is the proportion of the gain or lost.
On a car without flat bottom or rear diffuser , it's a non sense to gain for exemple 100HP , just because you raise the car to the max to compense the lost of grip. For this kind of cars , there is almost no lost of grip. The car is more balanced or stable over his 4 points.
On a race car with ground effect and huge downforce , this is a total different thing. The lost of grip is colossal when you se the ride height very high.
In my opinion it's well calculated for race cars , but they need to change the formula for road cars.

Hey Praiano, got any plans for an all around tune for the 89 Chevy C4?
Yes for sure , i love those corvettes of this era. C4 , C5 , C6 ... more than C7 till today cars.
Man this tune is awesome. 1st place Spa first try.
But no chance with this tune in Lake Maggiore GT Cup age.3.
Any advice?
Curious. I don't know , the car have a superior top speed , perhaps you can add more front grip increasing front downforce. Then you will lose some HP for the same PP. But if the problem is grip , this is the only way.

RC-F is not too shabby. Stock PP is overrated, if you raise front you can put more power into it. LC500 is boaty and generally slow as you said.

Oh wow just saw you made RC-F, that's cool! I'll try to adapt it to 600 as well as 700.
RC-F have a rear diffuser , not the LC500. This change a lot the behaviors.
Booth have problem with LSD and all the power & Torque come all together and cause wheel spin at high power range.
Lot of others cars in GT7 have the same or superior torque without provoking wheel spin. LSD isn't able to correct it even with extremes settings. Almost no different at all .

Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 - 900PP - Racing Medium Tires - SPA

This car is 1:56.xxx in my hands. 4WD , stable , but you can't send full power in 1st gear if only you almost inline.The rest is like papaya with sugar !! :lol: :lol: (mean easy , Brasilian proverb)

t1.jpg
t2.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 250 kmh
Final gear at 2.193 for fast track
Set each gear.

t3.jpg
t4.jpg

I did a special gearbox using my old excel GT5 gearbox setting. I've set the 4 first gear according the retake best 6600 RPM at the max torque peak. It work well out the hairpin or any slow corner , checking against the old car ghost with normal gearbox. A gain of 2 cars space for 1 SPA lap.
The idea is to brake the inertie of the car with maximum torque , then 5 / 6 / 7 gear working in the higher RPM range where stay the power in favor of speed.

Sem título.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Jaguar F-Type GR3 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - SPA gearbox.

My best GR3 top 1 at SPA , 1 second faster than the 2 position in my GR3 garage.

View attachment 1157483View attachment 1157484

To build the manual fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 280 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.560 for SPA or similar
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want.

View attachment 1157485View attachment 1157486View attachment 1157487

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Fantastic!!! Thank you👍

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - Nordschleife Ring Machine 1.23

Wide Car
Rims 17"
Rims With Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing A

EDIT: For the 1.23 update i only change the N2 suspensions settings sheet.
This is the real Ring machine . There at Nurb Nordschleife this 600PP is king. 7:24 in my hands and the most important , the best handling car from all 600PP for the moment. Phenomenal front grip , stable rear , great precision in the inputs. A great pleasure to drive.

c 6 1.jpg

c89.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 310 kmh
Final gear at 3.849 for fast track like Nordschleife.
Set each gear.

c 6 3.jpg
c 6 4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - Nordschleife Ring Machine

Wide Car
Rims 17"
Rims With Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing A

This is the real Ring machine . There at Nurb Nordschleife this 600PP is king. 7:24 in my hands and the most important , the best handling car from all 600PP for the moment. Phenomenal front grip , stable rear , great precision in the inputs. A great pleasure to drive.

View attachment 1157932View attachment 1157933

Gearbox
Top speed 310 kmh
Final gear at 3.849 for fast track like Nordschleife.
Set each gear.

View attachment 1157934View attachment 1157935

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Freaking excellent

Sudden ?? What's new ?? Same as always. Ride Height inducing lot less PP then to much power compense the PP lost = 4x4 ride heights faster than low car.
Just seems like recently you started doing that. I came in for tunes before and was able to figure things out but now when I come in all I see is monster trucks. :P

@praiano63
any suggestion about the car for WTC 600 Tokyo Exspressway south reverse- 5 laps race?
I’m using yours GR Supra race car 19 with sport soft and racing gearbox, but my best is second.
IA is very fast here.

Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 - 900PP - Racing Medium Tires - SPA

This car is 1:56.xxx in my hands. 4WD , stable , but you can't send full power in 1st gear if only you almost inline.The rest is like papaya with sugar !! :lol: :lol: (mean easy , Brasilian proverb)

View attachment 1157872View attachment 1157873

Gearbox
Top speed 250 kmh
Final gear at 2.193 for fast track
Set each gear.

View attachment 1157874View attachment 1157875

I did a special gearbox using my old excel GT5 gearbox setting. I've set the 4 first gear according the retake best 6600 RPM at the max torque peak. It work well out the hairpin or any slow corner , checking against the old car ghost with normal gearbox. A gain of 2 cars space for 1 SPA lap.
The idea is to brake the inertie of the car with maximum torque , then 5 / 6 / 7 gear working in the higher RPM range where stay the power in favor of speed.

View attachment 1157879

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Hey man!

Love the car as it really feels fast. But at the most simple corners my rear keeps breaking out making me drift trough the corners haha. Any idea what I should change about the set up?

Hey man!

Love the car as it really feels fast. But at the most simple corners my rear keeps breaking out making me drift trough the corners haha. Any idea what I should change about the set up?
As i write on the settings sheet , wait to be almost inline out a slow corner to send the power. Lot of torque to manage.
For medium speed corners and transitions , you need to take care with your wheel inputs. The car was really lazy at the front before. When you add grip on one side , the other side tend to stay lighter and can lose grip if you are not smooth , but you will ha a warning before skidding.
For no surprises , use any VGT or 4WD . Normally they all drive stable as a fast train.
FF cars are not as good racing wise?

(Apologise for my inexperience)
They are fast yes and some people like to use for sure , but i don't like to drive them and i can't get the feel to do any good setting.

FF are undesirable as front tyres are having to do all the work (accelerate, brake and steer). With this you get excessive tyre wear but it also impacts the dynamics. Rear wheel driven cars give better rotation as well as better traction when accelerating.
I second this statement. Exactly , very well explained.

Thank You so much for all the work You've put into this @praiano63
i've tried the Sauber Mercedes tune on Sardegna and it's amazing.
I don't know if people know about this but if you swap the racing transmission to the manual customizable transmission it drops the PP.
In the example off the sauber mercedes the tune goes from 799 to 788 meaning you can put all the power in and add a bit off front downforce.
The gear ratio's can be set up the same as on the original tune.
As far as i'm aware it doesn't impact the shifttime

Attachments

• Sauber Mercedes MT tune.jpg
    Sauber Mercedes MT tune.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 33
Thank You so much for all the work You've put into this @praiano63
i've tried the Sauber Mercedes tune on Sardegna and it's amazing.
I don't know if people know about this but if you swap the racing transmission to the manual customizable transmission it drops the PP.
In the example off the sauber mercedes the tune goes from 799 to 788 meaning you can put all the power in and add a bit off front downforce.
The gear ratio's can be set up the same as on the original tune.
As far as i'm aware it doesn't impact the shifttime
Yes , but also there is a lost of performance due to lag of the manual transmission. They try to mimic the manual shifting with a few more time between gears.
If you race your ghost during a starting start , a dog gearbox is faster due no time between shift. Because of this PP change.
It can be benefic on a track with almost no gears change.

Back