Gran Turismo 7 Has a Daylight Savings "Daily Workout" Bug

• Thread starter Famine
  • 136 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't do my workout yesterday, but today I didn't get a ticket. I think it sees it as a time adjustment so nulls the next time you do the workout. Which is pretty pants all round IMO

Got my ticket today, didn't yesterday. Figured I wouldn't get one today so... pleasant surprise.

Hey ! I haven't received tickets yesterday and today too. I leave in France and I change time too.
I don't understand why a time change bug the game ! Come on PD, the top bug simulator lol !

Sorry, but that would be an even worse "fix". Not getting the daily workout prize once or twice a year is not great, but in your proposal you would not get a prize every time you play after a certain time one day and before that time the next day, decided by a completely arbitrary server time. That would be unacceptable.
As opposed to now where it's decided by midnight for whatever time zone you happen to be in? It's the same thing, if you play at 1am and then 11pm you get the same functionality that you claim is "unacceptable".

They could set the server reset time to midnight in your time zone and it would function identically to the way it does now but without the daylight saving bug. Except that it's server side so they can do duplicate protection there instead of stripping tickets from anyone who changes their clock even for completely normal reasons.

Yes, it's a little thing, but little things matter too. If they're going to have always online, then the players should at least get to enjoy some of the benefits of being always online.

29/10/2022 : 0 hour night yes ticket
30/10/2022 : 0 hour night yes ticket , 3h00 to 2h00 europe
31/10/2022 : 0 hour night not ticket

sure but not bug 🤔

1667223773540.png

So how pathetic do you have to be to change the timezone on your console 30 times at midnight?
You'd have to be pretty dedicated to do that exact thing - it's only mentioned in the piece as an example - but there's a nice four-hour spell where you could roll eight tickets with little effort due to the 15/30-minute time zones in central Asia.

That at least increases your chances for getting a reward that isn't dreadful (or makes you eight times as much money).

Last edited:
I haven't played the game for a couple of months so not affected by any of these delightful PD "quirks" 😂

So... this is too complicated to explain properly, but it doesn't work like that... but also it doesn't entirely not work like that.

Basic upshot is the entire thing is predetermined, possibly from the first moment you start the game until the end of time. You work through a giant list of prizes, from one to the next... probably. It looks like it works just like GT Sport's roulette did and that was definitely preset and most likely based on GT5's Used Car Dealership list which was a preset list of four billion days.

It looks like you get the least-value prize because... well, 80% of the prizes on the list are the tiny credit amounts appropriate to each ticket. About 20% of the time you won't get that, but then some of the prizes are parts (for a car you probably don't own) or invites (for a brand you probably already had an invite for) and since these are mostly useless most of the time they get remembered as "least-value prize" too. So basically about 90% of the time you get a low amount of credits, or parts you won't use, or an invite you won't use.

As for the whole "roulette" thing, it's basically a visual throwback to the days of GT3, where the prizes actually were random.
I still enjoy playing GT7 - partly because I use a controller and it's one of the few racing games that offers motion controls - but the reward system is deeply flawed and downright insulting. The prizes are not always "appropriate to each ticket" as I have received very cheap tuning parts from a 6-star ticket (see attached)!

How is that fair, PD? Why have the star system anyway and then reward the worst prizes possible, as if PD will personally lose millions of actual dollars if they give us a decent digital reward. It makes no sense to me and is very insulting to all the long-time fans of the series. I hope PD makes major changes to GT8 or I'm not going to be buying it.

Attachments

• 1842e91f6ae51-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1842e91f6ae51-screenshotUrl.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1842e91f6ad100-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1842e91f6ad100-screenshotUrl.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
I'll quote jim carey- "...so your saying there's a chance....?!"

We know we usually get the worse reward shown, but it still hurts to miss chances... Usually when you least expect it too- "ahh im not gonna get that ultr- well I'll be-!""

That's how we got the few sets of titanium rods we actually used right..?

They know if they wanted mtx purchased, we would buy those!

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Has a Daylight Savings “Daily Workout” Bug

Gran Turismo 7 players around Europe are waking up today — an hour later than usual — to find themselves on the receiving end of a curious bug in the game: completing Daily Workout mileage will not award them a Roulette Ticket...
the article got it wrong also but its daylight saving time not savings time. Just sayin. Common mispronunciation

This is happening in Mexico which the daylight saving happened last Sunday.
Completed daily workout yesterday and today and didn't get any roulette tickets. Do I need to set something on the console to "fix" it?

This is happening in Mexico which the daylight saving happened last Sunday.
Completed daily workout yesterday and today and didn't get any roulette tickets. Do I need to set something on the console to "fix" it?
No, it should return to normal on Tuesday.

I experimented with this waaay back, and it always took two days after a console time zone change to return to normal.

I don't even care anymore about the ticket roulette its always the least amount of credits or another useless car part

Well back to farming i guess XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back