Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
  • Payouts have been tripled across all events.
Not this one. It would retain the hierarchy of the Big Four, and the other events would still remain unused.
Instead, scale those other events to the Big Four in the first place, and then multiply those payouts afterwards.

Why "bitterly disappointing" ?

Compared to other updates this one seems to be pretty large...what did you expect?
Is it too much to expect more events, especially events that make use of all the different car categories that are in the game, like it has been the case in every other Gran Turismo before GT7 (remember this game was announced as the „most complete Gran Turismo game ever“)?
They introduced this system of „Menu Books“, something which I personally really like, perfect for adding new specific events trough it, but they barely make use out of it, they added just like 6 or 7 in 12 months? Why not more, were‘s the problem?
It is even more frustrating when we know (trough leaks) for months now about other events existing, but they decided to not implement them for whatever reason.

Compared to other updates this one seems to be pretty large...what did you expect?

Unfortunately PD and their inadvertent compromise of expectation vs reality was heavily biased and favored towards the lower end (PD side) of the scale.

There are still glaring issues still unattended for e.g online lobbies and certain race payouts - also considering more players are using the online lobbies for example as the career mode isn’t exactly top notch, surely they could focus efforts towards improving that element but the scale of compromise (a “theory” which isn’t really a theory but first word that came to my head to describe it) says otherwise.

Last edited:
Is it too much to expect more events, especially events that make use of all the different car categories that are in the game, like it has been the case in every other Gran Turismo before GT7 (remember this game was announced as the „most complete Gran Turismo game ever“)?
They introduced this system of „Menu Books“, something which I personally really like, perfect for adding new specific events trough it, but they barely make use out of it, they added just like 6 or 7 in 12 months? Why not more, were‘s the problem?
It is even more frustrating when we know (trough leaks) for months now about other events existing, but they decided to not implement them for whatever reason.
Of course we can expect more events...but since all updates have been rather small so far(3-5 cars, 1-3 new events, sometimes a new track) there is no reason to be "bitterly disappointed" just because the updates stay this way...If one sets his/her hopes unrealistically high, one will always be bitterly disappointed with life life...

It’s not like opinions are chosen, unless you lead a prententious lifestyle. I’m aware many people do, but Gran Turismo 7 is mediocre. So if people say they are disappointed by it, then it’s likely because they are.
Sure. One can be disappointed.
Not to push the argument, but my point was that some people are continually, deeply and/or bitterly disappointed in GT7. I consider that a lifestyle choice.

I'm not saying the content is bad, in fact it's actually a really good line-up of cars.
What I mean is that at this point the most common complaint I see now is the lack of content we are getting by way of events. You think by now after a year there would be another set of missions released or some endurances or even some new championships but it appears we are only getting 4 new races and no new menu books.

Of course we can expect more events...but since all updates have been rather small so far(3-5 cars, 1-3 new events, sometimes a new track) there is no reason to be "bitterly disappointed" just because the updates stay this way...If one sets his/her hopes unrealistically high, one will always be bitterly disappointed with life life...
That is true, I get your point, but on the other hand the latest updates (at least since December) were a little stronger in content, one addressed the missing sell-Feature, the other one implemented a big feature with VR (and introduced Sophy). So there was hope, for me at least, that now they got other things out of the way, they would take of this aspect of the game now. And since this month is 1 year anniversary of GT7, this would’ve been a good opportunity to get this on.
Maybe the overhaul of the driving physics was their top priority now and they want to get this before anything else, who knows..

I'm not saying the content is bad, in fact it's actually a really good line-up of cars.
What I mean is that at this point the most common complaint I see now is the lack of content we are getting by way of events. You think by now after a year there would be another set of missions released or some endurances or even some new championships but it appears we are only getting 4 new races and no new menu books.
I am completly with you...there could be tons of more content(if there wouldn't be the custom races, I probably would have stopped playing GT7 by now), but I keep my hopes low to avoid disappointmet...;)

The target times for all events within the Circuit Experience has been adjusted, and the demonstrations have been updated accordingly
Again ? I wonder in which direction they went... will it be easier to get gold or the opposite ? Is there a site that keeps track of the times required after each update affecting CE ?

Please help me to choose between these two :)
47075499884_e9578f821f_b.jpg
40844155253_7d4eaf3f57_b.jpg

Back