Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,461 comments
It's all fun and games until you have to choose which livery to create first on the AudiView attachment 1242822
Any idea? i really cannot choose, please help me haha
Also, don’t forget the WRT entries

9A24992C-56C5-420F-A831-DDC7F967B22F.jpeg

Update is on the 30th, looking forward to seeing what new events are added along with the cars. We desperately need more events to race these cars - especially things like the Super Formula or the Go Karts
Im honestly more excited for new events than anything else. Especially for that Audi DTM.

This was the leaked video from about 8 months ago of Nurburgring Short
Lucapook ALT's site
Gran Turismo 7 Unreleased Tracks - Nurburgring GP/D

Around the time that Nurburgring Short was emerging, there was also a rumor that Kyoto was going to get some type of additional layout, but that seems hard to imagine.

Last edited:
This was the leaked video from about 8 months ago of Nurburgring Short
Lucapook ALT's site
Gran Turismo 7 Unreleased Tracks - Nurburgring GP/D

Around the time that Nurburgring Short was emerging, there was also a rumor that Kyoto was going to get some type of additional layout, but that seems hard to imagine.

They could add a link between these parts and end up with another 2 layouts?
82664727-E7A9-4B03-A687-6ED711FB990A.jpeg

They could be called North (Kita) and South (Minami)

Last edited:
The Porsche 959 and 904 Carrera GTS are confirmed to be sold in Hagerty. Only question is, how much would they be?

Man, going through this changelog is really interesting. Looks like some massive changes to PP and physics. It's to the extent they've completely redone and reset the Circuit Experience times
(note that this probably won't mean you can get rewarded for beating them again - it seems they are easier, not harder :P)

1680030687024.png

Adjusted settings for Tokyo(not that I race there any longer). Penalties?
PP changes again most likely. They've changed a lot of requirements for events across the board, seemingly in missions too. I believe that's why a lot of the 1 hour and drag missions are listed.

Update is on the 30th, looking forward to seeing what new events are added along with the cars. We desperately need more events to race these cars - especially things like the Super Formula or the Go Karts
The go-karts would be fun, maybe a small track / indoor arena & very tight - i`ll use the game Wreckfest as an example (i know its a game not loved here) but hear me out, The manic action in that game creates its own Ai due to the re-action of all whats going on. We wouldn`t need bits flying off everywhere, but just impacts/spins to mix things up a bit, maybe a section where only one kart can fit through

Last edited:
Adjusted settings for Tokyo(not that I race there any longer). Penalties?

PP changes again most likely. They've changed a lot of requirements for events across the board, seemingly in missions too. I believe that's why a lot of the 1 hour and drag missions are listed.
21FF683C-D972-42B3-BDA8-A4FDC85FD14F.gif
lOlpCHo4cmM7fZaxpRDdW7l6WChe1Kpm0fsztRyDeMT0AQAA1QAAAEdJ.gif
1CA1E43B-6C15-43E9-8C6A-07344B2E49E3.gifD09BF374-0E31-488D-8292-8917E0B8999F.gif1C44AAA0-D6F5-4009-B8AB-31B87C5C2179.gif
D0B82674-F05A-472F-BC07-F1B7F1C6E9CC.gif

I’m done with Tokyo and never want to run the 600pp one again, but out of principle if these very few high paying races get nerfed even more than they already have been I’m honestly going to have to think of looking for something else to play after being hooked now for over a year.

Thankfully the average level skill I’ve developed over the year transfers over to other sim racing games… but I still don’t want to let go of GT7

Attachments

• 96C0AEC3-DB31-40CD-BB9D-9E426FB2206E.gif
    96C0AEC3-DB31-40CD-BB9D-9E426FB2206E.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Good to see some work was put into this update but no update will truly be good for me until I see something like:

Events
  • All events have been changed to standing or double-file rolling starts.
  • Payouts have been tripled across all events.
Lobby
  • A "Fixed Room Ownership" option is now available.
  • Room names can now be edited.
 AI
  • AI opponents no longer receive any speed manipulation when the Boost option is set to Off
  • Fixed an issue where AI opponents weren't using 100% throttle on straights
  • AI opponents no longer slow down when overtaken by the player

Custom Races
  • Payouts have been increased 5x to 10x depending on certain conditions.
  • Cars in "Custom Grids" now keep the tires they last had instead of what they started with
  • Opponents in Random grids now have a smaller PP difference from the player's car.
  • Opponents in Random grids are now based on the player car's current PP instead of the stock PP
I can dream.

Hopefully they make the CE times easier so I can finally gold Nurburgring and Grand Valley and be done with it lmao
My guess is they are gonna make them harder. With all the physics changes over the last year they have become a lot easier then they were at release

Seeing GT4 had cheat codes after these years, and remember GT5 Prologue had cheat codes too, makes me wonder if GT7 or other GT games have cheat codes hidden.
Rendez-vous in 20 years or so !

Whoops, it is unlikely that we will still be able to play the game as the servers will be long gone by then...

Yep, reading the leaked patch notes looks like we are going to be bitterly disappointing once again with the amount of new events added this month... Looks like there will only be 4 and no new menu books:banghead:
Why "bitterly disappointing" ?

Compared to other updates this one seems to be pretty large...what did you expect?

The Porsche 959 and 904 Carrera GTS are confirmed to be sold in Hagerty. Only question is, how much would they be?
For the Porsche 959, on the hagerty site, there is a 450hp komfort version at 1M and a 575hp sport version at 2M.
For the Porsche 904, the is no entry on the hagerty site. On google and there are some sites saying that its worth about 2M/2.45M usd.

Back