Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,451 comments
Am I the only thats having this stuttering issue online that makes playing online near impossible? Everytime someone comes in or out of the pits my game stutters like you see in my video. Makes racing online impossible. Has been like this for the longest time now.

Know what I was just thinking why doesn't pd do double credits weekends? like a few weekends a year they can double the credits for every race.

I seen on reddit some developers doing double xp weekends for games like cod and destiny and make me think what if pd did that but with credits it would make even the smallest races seen big.

Anyway just a thought.

Am I the only thats having this stuttering issue online that makes playing online near impossible? Everytime someone comes in or out of the pits my game stutters like you see in my video. Makes racing online impossible. Has been like this for the longest time now.

No, you are not the only one, I know because I have done some lobby racing in GT7. Not sure why they won't fix it 🤔 The issue is manageable in leagues with a set starting time, but in lobbies when randoms can join whenever they want and leave, there it is especially annoying 😌

There's a tweak happened on the money-making track Sarth/Lemans 700 pp/30min race in the Honda RA 272 - seems the tyres now don't wear out making it even easier & maybe a more rumbling feel through the controller ?

Know what I was just thinking why doesn't pd do double credits weekends? like a few weekends a year they can double the credits for every race.

I seen on reddit some developers doing double xp weekends for games like cod and destiny and make me think what if pd did that but with credits it would make even the smallest races seen big.

Anyway just a thought.
Just implementing the log in streak multiplyer again like they've done in the past games would be easier as well as better IMO.

20230331_001111.jpg

Stonkz.

I brought this up in the 'undocumented thread'.
Here is the evidence:

So after over five years we got it back - we can lock the brakes the right way, close anyway.
The feature was implemented in GT Sport Closed Beta Test. Until now the wheels always spun with ABS off no matter what you did.
Thank you Polyphony Digital!

*Update in post #32,364

Last edited:
There's a tweak happened on the money-making track Sarth/Lemans 700 pp/30min race in the Honda RA 272 - seems the tyres now don't wear out making it even easier & maybe a more rumbling feel through the controller ?
A sort of vibration going through the body of the controller?

Anyway just a thought.
Because they want users to purchase credits with real money

It’s the answer to most every “why isn’t the game as good as it easily could be”. I accept it for what it is and enjoy myself, but I feel for anyone just starting out who wants to collect legendary cars. I mean I was burned out on Sardegna/Le Mans by June of last year, and only raced those so much because I figured we’d have 30-60 minute race options on all the tracks. they don’t do it because they want people to prefer paying money to driving the same races.

Last edited:
Ok something as to be done about the WTC 30 minute le man race its like if the AI is even worst I done 3 races there today and each time it has heavy rained ( See gif below) That's from the 3rd race on lap 3 alone and it heavy rained till lap 5.

I not saying remove rain but at least limit it to not happen so much make it more random cause it almost feels like its gonna rain every time you go there.

This isn't racing how can it be with stuff like this.

Is anyone else seeing frame rate drops with this latest patch?

Particularly with the WTC800 event, my race was clear weather wise, just had the odd stutter where you could tell there was a drop in frames.

Still running performance mode on a regular 4k/60hz TV

Particularly with the WTC800 event, my race was clear weather wise, just had the odd stutter where you could tell there was a drop in frames.

Yes. Noticeably worse than before especially with the new Nurburgring and Kyoto races they added.

No joke, my frame rate drop everytime I use the Alphard and go to GT Auto.

I have not downloaded Update 1.31 yet, but I'm going to do it Saturday or Sunday depending on which day I'm asleep, xD.

I brought this up in the 'undocumented thread'.
Here is the evidence:

So after over five years we got it back - we can lock the brakes the right way, close anyway.
The feature was implemented in GT Sport Closed Beta Test. Until now the wheels always spun with ABS off no matter what you did.
Thank you Polyphony Digital!

Update: I'm all question marks now. It seems only this car can lock its wheels under full braking with ABS off. Other cars that I tested still roll their wheels slightly at this particular situation. The good thing is the steering is impossible under full speed lock braking. But this could have been the case in earlier patch also.
So the question is why only the new in-game Porsche 959 can visually lock the wheels in no ABS???

Update: I'm all question marks now. It seems only this car can lock its wheels under full braking with ABS off. Other cars that I tested still roll their wheels slightly at this particular situation. The good thing is the steering is impossible under full speed lock braking. But this could have been the case in earlier patch also.
So the question is why only the new in-game Porsche 959 can visually lock the wheels in no ABS???
I had a similar placebo driving the Stratos last night at Willow Springs. I thought the brakes locked up when braking on a few turns. Turns out the car was bottoming out with the fully adjustable suspension installed.

Even more of a head scratcher, I never once adjust the ride height.

Ok something as to be done about the WTC 30 minute le man race its like if the AI is even worst I done 3 races there today and each time it has heavy rained ( See gif below) That's from the 3rd race on lap 3 alone and it heavy rained till lap 5.

I not saying remove rain but at least limit it to not happen so much make it more random cause it almost feels like its gonna rain every time you go there.

This isn't racing how can it be with stuff like this.

The weather is still completly random...

I had three races yesterday, and I got no rain at all, a little rain in lap 3 and 4 and heavy rain from lap 3 til the end...

And, as you have seen in some real life videos posted here: this behavior is realistic and does happen in real races as well!

Oh, it's raining at Watkins Glen?? But GT said that wasn't possible!!1!
When and where did GT say that ?

It does seem there is might be a issue with the bots not switching to the proper tires, I ran Le Mans race yesterday & one bot after another crashed at the second chicane, I run this race many times haven't seen that many cars wreck.

Back