Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,404 comments
Why is the AI in Custom Races so deliberately dumb? Is there any trick to make them not drive off the track in every single corner whenever I am behind them?
It could be me but I think I may have noticed them trying to get out of the way sometimes but seemingly only on certain moments, like when you're about to pass them quickly. I could be wrong though! Also, speaking of which, Last year I've had an AI driver stay immobile in the grass, causing a never-ending yellow flag.

I passed by way slowly but I still got slapped on the wrist a 0:00:500 penalty... which I had no idea that they implemented penalties with yellow flags in single player.

Edit: I get yellow flags on Nürburgring Nordscheife a lot in WTC 700 but sometimes nothing happens and it still triggers. Must be because I'm playing on Easy.

Last edited:
Why is the AI in Custom Races so deliberately dumb? Is there any trick to make them not drive off the track in every single corner whenever I am behind them?
I think the system from GT5 is still in place where they start to drive more erratically when they're under pressure. Though in my experience, I don't see what you're describing happen very often. They mostly just spin the wheels a bit out of corners.

I think the system from GT5 is still in place where they start to drive more erratically when they're under pressure. Though in my experience, I don't see what you're describing happen very often. They mostly just spin the wheels a bit out of corners.
This is apparent on tracks like Spa 24 Hrs where if you're gaining on the AI they will overshoot the last/first corner.

ive always thought the AI try way too hard to be in your way, sacrificing their own racing line to do so.. ive had times where ive blasted past them, then watch them in the mirror swerve over to try & block me..2seconds late 😂

Server maintenance notice for next Thursday's presumed update is up: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/info/maintenance_notice/?id=1695341047

This is unusually early; normally this doesn't show up until the Monday, week of.
It's unusually early because this is a quite easy update for PD:

"The following cars are now available at the Brand Central:
Toyota HIMEDIC
Toyota GR Corolla
Mazda 3 Gr.4

Thank you for your continued support and please enjoy Gran Turismo 7!"

:sly:

Don't forget it's possible that:

"Mazda 3 Gr.4 will be received early as a gift for by taking part in the Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup 2023. It will be available to purchase at Brand Central in late November."
Hardly when that event was on-site Japan only ... 🤪

Hardly when that event was on-site Japan only ... 🤪
To my recollection, there's three events: Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup at Fuji Speedway 2023 (live), Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup at Okayama 2023 (live), and Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup 2023 (online, Japan only).

Guessing a Gr.4 race at fuji for the Mazda.
Which i wouldn't mind since it has dynamic weather. Whatever race we get, just give us something 1hr long minimum.

Last edited:
Won't be surprised if this will be the case, to be honest
I'm suspecting not on the basis there was a YouTube vid to go along with them but I suspect an announcement they're available.

Have to admit because of the early August-ness of the last update it does feel like an eternity.

It's unusually early because this is a quite easy update for PD:

"The following cars are now available at the Brand Central:
Toyota HIMEDIC
Toyota GR Corolla
Mazda 3 Gr.4

Thank you for your continued support and please enjoy Gran Turismo 7!"

:sly:
Hahahahahaha :lol: That's a solid prediction on the next update right there!

I think the top is this

Attachments

• IMG_3958.jpeg
    IMG_3958.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 10
The livery wizards should have a field day with the EG Civic.

A patch with three Japanese hatchbacks which span the tuner scene, actual motorsport, and modern enthusiasts seems weirdly coherent for PD. :lol:

Last edited:
So there's this offer from Sony (in the US only, unfortunately) at the minute where if you buy a PS5 you get a free PS5 game: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/upgrader-program/

Why is this GT7 news? Because the list of available games is every single 2020-22 major PS Studios PS5 game, except for GT.

Between this, neither Sport nor 7 ever being on PS Plus, and the infrequency of it ever going sale, it seems Sony are really reticent to put GT on offer compared to basically every other game in their first-party lineup. It's odd.

Back