Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,493 comments
I find myself becoming more and more tempted to get a gaming PC so I can have the amazing racing content available - Assetto Corsa mods, Assetto Corsa Competizione, and iRacing are all the racing you'll ever need really.

Arrgghh, I really might do it!
I wasn't familiar with both Iracing or the Assetto Corso.......so a a quick YouTube search put paid to that. I know in the past PC games sometimes have had the edge on graphics but i don't think this is the case here. To me, the cars & their movement look very "5-years ago" For me GT7 is still the benchmark, with the replays pure eye candy. But the real kick-in-the-balls with the PC is they, & what ever game you may be playing can be quickly obsolete/ wont run because MS have altered Windows or something. A year or two ago we tried to get a new PC with windows 8 loaded to run the old Cossacks range of games...........we found it impossible, as even with all the boxes ticked on spec, it would not run the game without serious issues .

note - although our old PS2 still runs fine 🌝

I don't remember PD ever reacting in any way to a new Forza release
I don’t remember PD reacting to much of anything in the outside world in the past 10 years or so.

I can’t remember the last time a track was added as a tie-in or even around the same time as some major Motorsport event. Now and then a Sport or Time Trial combo, but that’s about it. The only external tie-in content I can think of is the 2019 and 2023 Superformulas, and some liveries, anything else has been related to GT eSports and the GT Movie. It’s otherwise largely always been an assorted mix as it comes.

Last edited:
Rally cars and dirt tracks are a total waste in this game. I don't even know why PD bother when there are soo many games that do it better. The same thing goes for the VGT's which is ironic considering they were made for the game. I also don't understand the point of odd cars like the BMW M3 GT2, McLaren F1 GTR '95 and Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti when they don't have any friends to compete with. Sure, two of them have historical value but that alone shouldn't justify their inclusion if they're just going to be weird outliers in Group 3 and 4.

Rally cars and dirt tracks are a total waste in this game. I don't even know why PD bother when there are soo many games that do it better. The same thing goes for the VGT's which is ironic considering they were made for the game. I also don't understand the point of odd cars like the BMW M3 GT2, McLaren F1 GTR '95 and Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti when they don't have any friends to compete with. Sure, two of them have historical value but that alone shouldn't justify their inclusion if they're just going to be weird outliers in Group 3 and 4.
You lost me with the BMW, the McLaren and the Alfa, but I 1.000.000% agree that PD should just ditch rally.

Getting Error E-CE210610. Anyone else?
Since a week or so I have the same problem:

I hardly ever manage log in and I am getting the Error E-CE210610 instead...

In the last 3 days i was able to log in sucessfully only once(after dozens of tries to do so...), and on that occasion, the game froze after a couple of TT-laps at Goodwood without letting me to log in ever since...

I am on a PS4 and never had any issues like that since launch of the game...can anybody help?

Edit: it's all good, I managed to fix the problem by myself it seems...(at least for today)

Last edited:
You lost me with the BMW, the McLaren and the Alfa, but I 1.000.000% agree that PD should just ditch rally.
Yeah it could be good if they offered more races and incorporate good damage physics, i actually liked when gran Turismo had more karting races

There's nothing wrong with rally, but PD need to focus on their strengths, which is tarmac rallying.

So much time and effort is wasted on sub-par off-road rallying and silly races. There'd be far more interest in point-to-point tarmac stages or even Hillclimb's like Goodwood. Something that would also encourage use of the numerous oddball cars that don't have any natural rivals when circuit racing. Heck, the Goodwood Hillclimb makes it's name from having cars of different series & era's all competing together!

Goodwood Hillclimb was such a cool addition and demonstrated PD's passion for car culture and the history of motorsport. But it's been ditched, no doubt because of the focus on tedious online GTWS events. So many cool Hillclimbs, Rally stages, Drag tracks, Drift circuits, and small (Best Motoring/Hot Version like) venues they could add.

Last edited:
I agree, especially with the bolded which actually brings me to a suggestion that PD should give us the option to turn a car into a 'GR" car once it's tuned far enough, i've managed to create period correct rivals for the F1 GTR using the XJ220, F40, 993 Porsches, Viper GTS .etc and they are actually on par with it and even better on some tracks but they are held back by the fuel usage and road car interiors. Even if they gave every car the same generic racing interior along with increased fuel capacity i'm sure most wouldn't care because that would make alot of races and cars much more useful than they already are. Cars like the Aston Martin Valkyrie are competitive with the top Gr.1 cars only really being held back by fuel usage and very bad tire wear which I imagine is intentional with the latter as the car would be incredibly OP otherwise.

I won't even mention Gr.2 but my personal theory on why we haven't had any races for it yet is due to PD waiting to add more cars to it which may not make sense to some but it's the only thing I can come up with that's semi-valid for why we haven't had dedicated Singleplayer races for them yet.

"MAZDA SPIRIT RACING GT CUP 2023" e-sports online tournament open to all ages, to be held with a 1-day event held at Fuji and Okayama.

Continuing from this, with some new information by Nenkai, in regards to a possible Mazda3 Gr.4 race car revealed at this event:

Date: September 17, 2023
Outline: In the "Gran Turismo 7" play environment installed at the Fan Festa special venue, a one-make tournament will be held with a new vehicle (which will be available for download in the future) that is not included in "Gran Turismo 7" will be held.
Plus, from the website:
"MAZDA SPIRIT RACING GT CUP 2023" is a PlayStation®5 *1 (hereinafter referred to as PS5®) and
In the online race with the software "Gran Turismo 7" *1 for PlayStation®4 *1 (hereinafter referred to as PS4®),
We are planning to have all 5 series matches from October 15 to December 17. ( Participating class-1)

This tournament includes new vehicles and race-only vehicles newly included in "Gran Turismo 7"
It is a limited series in Japan that fights the season with Mazda vehicle one makeup.

At MAZDA SPIRIT RACING, the driver's dream comes true through eSPORTS,
We aim to contribute to the expansion of motor sports and the development of culture.

Outline: In the "Gran Turismo 7" play environment installed at the Fan Festa special venue, a one-make tournament will be held with a new vehicle (which will be available for download in the future) that is not included in "Gran Turismo 7" will be held.
Don't tell me it's yet another "it's included in the update but only available to the masses a month later" deal.

Don't tell me it's yet another "it's included in the update but only available to the masses a month later" deal.
I don’t know, but this event today, was Japan only. The other tournaments are Japan-only as well. Not sure how we’ll get the new cars or what has to be done to acquire them.

A possible September update is next week. The October Tournament, is about a week before a possible October end of month update. We’ll see.

This is from one event.

Offline tournament "MAZDA SPIRIT RACING GT CUP 2023 in OKAYAMA"​

Date: November 4th to 5th, 2023
Outline: In the "Gran Turismo 7" play environment installed at the special venue of the Fan Festa, an offline tournament will be held with one-make of Mazda vehicles (vehicle models undecided). Application required in advance. The participation conditions and the number of people are being adjusted. Details will be announced on the website at a later date.
This is another livery contest:

MAZDA SPIRIT RACING LYREVERY DESIGN CONTEST (ONLINE)​

Date: October 15 to December 10, 2023
Outline: Using the "Reverry Editor" function of "Gran Turismo 7", freely design the margins of parts other than the logo while utilizing the specified base format, and the hashtag ”rx” when registering for livery in the game At the same time as sharing with "vcontest", the application is completed by posting with the hashtag "#liverydesign" in the CLUB MAZDA SPIRIT RACING app. Details will be announced on the website at a later date.

So, I wonder if it’s just the RX-Vision GT3 again or a new RX vehicle.

Crossposting from the September update thread... I think that, as already said, it's time to have a proper Touring Car class. More generally, a reorganization of the Gr. 4 class would be needed to make it more similar to the real GT4 class. The FF cars currently present in Gr. 4 would easily become part of the Touring Car class, the placement of the 4WD cars would be more problematic. But I doubt any of this will happen, PD will probably leave everything as it is. We'll see if anything changes in GT8.

Proposal for Gran Turismo

For those wondering where this document came from, it's from the Kaz interview from PlayStation.Blog Japan:

Random question: Is Sardegna A's track map meant to somewhat resemble the shape of the actual island of Sardinia?

The left hand of the island kind of has the cut in of the final corner, and the bottom of the island has a jut in that matches the turn 4-5 chicane, but I don't know if it's a deliberate homage or if I'm just reading too much into some superficial similarities.

My credits acquired restarted back to 0? Last time I checked it was at 2,150,000,000 Looks like that's the limit and it restarts.

Now.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230918084154.jpg

Before a few days back.:(
Gran Turismo® 7_20230916232119.jpg

Last edited:
My credits acquired restarted back to 0? Last time I checked it it as at 2.50B Looks like that's the limit and it restarts.

Now.
View attachment 1288061

Before a few days back.:(
View attachment 1288060
Congratulations, you're probably the first person to hit the 32 bit integer limit of how many credits display on the website.

I'm not sure whether you should be proud or ashamed, to be honest.

Last edited:
My credits acquired restarted back to 0? Last time I checked it it as at 2.50B Looks like that's the limit and it restarts.
Probably a display bug; I think the variable that stores the value has the wrong type, causes an error (becuase technically it's a negative number: (2^31)-1 =2147483647 is the highest positive number than can be displayed with a signed 32bit integer)

Back