Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Is there any possibility of them adding a new track?
Possibility? Yes.

Probability?

Fortune Fingers Crossed GIF by Dude York

With 2 of the cars being Honda's, I'd now be surprized if we didn't get Suzuka's updated scenery as seen in the latest GT World Tour live event. Don't think that "Buzzin' Corner" will be there since that was done in real life just a few days ago, but you never know.

As for whether a brand new circuit would be added alongside that, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Remember this statistic from a while back? Here's how it's going now:
1695477560445.png

With the top 25 ranking as follows:
Code:
R# Car           Pages (Sep 23)    Pages (Aug 26)    Increase
 1 BRZ GT300     100+              100+              MAX
 2 GT-R GT3 '18  100+              93                7+ (MAX)
 3 Alphard       93                90                3
 4 RS5 DTM       88                83                5
 5 Sierra        81                79                2
 6 AMG GT3 Evo   74                66                8
 7 Giulia GTAm   56                54                2
 8 M2            53                51                2
 9 R30 S.S.      53                51                2
10 C8 Corvette   50                45                5
11 SF23 Honda    49                45                4
12 Cayman GT4    47                45                2
13 Cappuccino    46                45                1
14 RA272         45                44                1
15 Ford Roadster 45                43                2
16 Rampage       43                42                1
17 S14 K's '94   42                40                2
18 R32 NISMO     40                38                2
19 GR010         38                37                1
20 GD Blobeye    37                35                2
21 HiMedic       37                30                7
22 Escudo        36                36                0
23 GAC Maverick  36                34                2
24 SF23 Toyota   36                33                3
25 918           34                33                1

Also, some all-new stats: Number of update cars per dealer (BC/UCD/LCD), manufacturer country of origin, and per per car genre. For purposes of this stat:
  • For the per-dealer stat, "hybrid" means both UCD and Brand Central. Only one car, the blobeye GD, exhibits such behavior currently.
  • For the per-type stat, "Group Racer" means Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and/or Gr.B cars, while "Non-Group Racer" are cars tagged as race cars by the game but not placed in any of the racing groups. (This avoids using the "Gr.X" term since it is not in official use.)
  • This stat includes the next updates' cars. For the purpose of it, the upcoming cars are classed as the following, given the expectations: SEMA Civic: Brand Central, Americas (per FuguZ/AEM S2000 in PS3-era games precedents), Pro Tuned; FL5 Civic: Brand Central, Asia, Road Car; Mazda3 Gr.4: Brand Central, Asia, Group Racer (Gr.4)
By Dealer
1695478831566.png

By Region
1695478858063.png

By Car Type
1695479264755.png

Last edited:
Honestly rly excited to see the FL5 in a triple-A racing game at last. Other two, im kinda indifferent to. Theyre both still pretty cool to see though!

Update quite disappointing for me, let me explain better:
  • I like the Mazda 3 Gr. 4, because it is the closest to a Mazda 3 TCR, but precisely because of the way the Gr. 4 is structured, I am also aware that it will not be the best to race in it (but it will be useful in custom races which I will prepare to replicate the TCR and BTCC races in some way);
  • the FL5 Civic I cannot deny that it seems a bit like a duplicate of the EK8 (this will also be useful for a TCR/BTCC style tuning);
  • the SEMA Civic intrigues me but I doubt I'll use it much.

I hope there is at least one new track... But maybe it will just be the updated Suzuka. And maybe some new races with good payouts. But I admit that I'm leaning more towards Forza Motorsport, and when it comes out I'll probably play it more than Gran Turismo (of which I still like the custom races, but the AI is often disappointing and the payouts are also ridiculous).

Last edited:
I’m sure this has been talked about before but why can’t ALL SEMA cars be in the game permanently? Surely it can’t be licensing, who wouldn’t want their car in GT 🤷🏻‍♂️

Still hoping we get Apricot Hill sooner than later, as I really do think it's one of the very few GT-original courses that's more or less fine as-is, rather than in need of notable changes like we've seen with Grand Valley and Trial Mountain.

Still hoping we get Apricot Hill sooner than later, as I really do think it's one of the very few GT-original courses that's more or less fine as-is, rather than in need of notable changes like we've seen with Grand Valley and Trial Mountain.
I still don't get why they teased it before launch if over a year later it's still not there.

I still don't get why they teased it before launch if over a year later it's still not there.
That's because it wasn't "teased". Any resemblance to Apricot Hill with those track line images was purely coincidental.

Note with all of the other circuits that were teased with track lines, they were always shown from a top-down track map perspective. The supposed Apricot Hill one was at a more abstract 3D angle.

This was backed up by the fact that Grand Valley was added before Apricot Hill, and yet Grand Valley didn't have any track line teasers at all. Debatably Grand Valley is more of a series icon than Apricot Hill too, so it would've been more likely to have been featured as a teaser.

This is not to say I don't wish for Apricot Hill to be added at some point. I actually do. It was one of the only PD Original circuits I used in my online racing league back on GT6. But I still have to accept that the speculation regarding the abstract angle track lines is incorrect.

Last edited:
Hoping for a proper GT League that actually requires players to have the higher tier licenses to enter.

And those endurance races they promised were coming to the game over a year ago.

Heck, I'd even take making the Human Comedy Mission Races have payouts and prize cars every time you win them...

But I know I'm bound to be disappointed, and no one (who Polyphony Digital listens to anyway) is holding them up to the higher standards the franchise had some 20 years ago and seemingly stopped trying to innovate...

That's because it wasn't "teased". Any resemblance to Apricot Hill with those track line images was purely coincidental.

Note with all of the other circuits that were teased with track lines, they were always shown from a top-down track map perspective. The supposed Apricot Hill one was at a more abstract 3D angle.

This was backed up by the fact that Grand Valley was added before Apricot Hill, and yet Grand Valley didn't have any track line teasers at all. Debatably Grand Valley is more of a series icon than Apricot Hill too, so it would've been more likely to have been featured as a teaser.

This is not to say I don't wish for Apricot Hill to be added at some point. I actually do. It was one of the only PD Original circuits I used in my online racing league back on GT6. But I still have to accept that the speculation regarding the abstract angle track lines is incorrect.
Oh, honestly I didn't pay much attention beyond the headlines but makes sense

Do all JDM Blobeye Imprezas not have the silver letter badges spelling out Subaru on the trunk like the one in game? All the ones I’ve seen have that but then again I live in the States so I’m not sure.

Hoping for a proper GT League that actually requires players to have the higher tier licenses to enter.

And those endurance races they promised were coming to the game over a year ago.

Heck, I'd even take making the Human Comedy Mission Races have payouts and prize cars every time you win them...

But I know I'm bound to be disappointed, and no one (who Polyphony Digital listens to anyway) is holding them up to the higher standards the franchise had some 20 years ago and seemingly stopped trying to innovate...
The fact that the campaign is the Cafe menu's and Missions aren't replayable to make credits is a large reason the single player content is a flop. I'm still blown away that GT Sport single player was more traditional than GT7, despite touting the nostalgia at every turn with the marketing.

The fact that the campaign is the Cafe menu's and Missions aren't replayable to make credits is a large reason the single player content is a flop. I'm still blown away that GT Sport single player was more traditional than GT7, despite touting the nostalgia at every turn with the marketing.
The question is why isn’t anyone who works at PD and reads this forum, friends, or associates, pushing for these simple changes? Changes that would massively improve the replayability of existing content.

I’ve only just finished all of the Missions as I forget I had some left! I would love to go back and try some of the more substantial events with a different car or strategy. But who is going to do that when there are no credit or prize car rewards?

Same goes for regular events. Remove the region and car restrictions for certain events. I want to use a JDM car at Brands Hatch and Euro model at Tsukuba. But I’m once again restricted in getting the most out of existing content.

Please, someone at PD take note of constructive criticism. These are meaningful improvements for (quite literally) a few days work adjusting event regulations & payouts.

Last edited:
The question is why isn’t anyone who works at PD and reads this forum, friends, or associates, pushing for these simple changes? Changes that would massively improve the replayability of existing content.

I’ve only just finished all of the Missions as I forget I had some left! I would love to go back and try some of the more substantial events with a different car or strategy. But who is going to do that when there are no credit or prize car rewards?

Same goes for regular events. Remove the region and car restrictions for certain events. I want to use a JDM car at Brands Hatch and Euro model at Tsukuba. But I’m once again restricted in getting the most out of existing content.

Please, someone at PD take note of constructive criticism. These are meaningful improvements for (quite literally) a few days work adjustment event regulations & payouts.

You make an interesting point about the Missions. I've often said this have said this game be amplified hugely if you could just replay those things, but I guess also from a personal progress standpoint it would also be fun to revisit them and see if your driving has improved!

Your second point however, about regional events... I would argue that the single player 'campaign' needs MORE restrictions on events so you have to funnel your car collection accordingly. Drivetrain/country/tyre choice. These are the things that bring variety and consideration into the equation.

Your second point however, about regional events... I would argue that the single player 'campaign' needs MORE restrictions on events so you have to funnel your car collection accordingly. Drivetrain/country/tyre choice. These are the things that bring variety and consideration into the equation.
That would be fine if we had, for example, a 4WD, RWD, FWD cup for each circuit. Wouldn't it also make sense to have the MX-5, Radical, Porsche Cup, (Classic) Mini events for every venue? Every circuit should also have open 550pp, 600pp, 700pp etc. events.

PD just need to copy & paste a whole host of events to each circuit and make Missions repeatable with payouts. Oh, and some endurance races!

Last edited:
Back