Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
You really think Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, Epic or any company with deep enough pockets themselves don't do their own campaigning to influence all these outlets?

Campaigning is very different to outright bribery, which seemed to be what you were implying earlier?

Because that totally proves they don't do it.

Since this is about Award shows, let me demonstrate with two of the biggest examples: Look, here's the Oscars:

https://www.oscars.org/oscars/voting

They show the voting process and eligibility. Surely they don't just hand out awards just because the studios and such try all sorts of stuff with money. Oh wait, they do. Quite abit in fact.

What about the Golden Globes then:

https://goldenglobes.com/award-rules-and-entry-forms/

Surely they don't do that either...except, they totally do that.

And look, all those were in the open readily available to source (Which makes them not secret)

So again...You REALLY think that doesn't happen just because you don't see it on that page? You really think Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, Epic or any company with deep enough pockets themselves don't do their own campaigning to influence all these outlets?
What is the point of claiming they just won the awards because of money, when it’s about an absolute hit that got praised by critics and players as well?

Starting to move goalposts a bit there huh? Going from outright buying awards to influencing outlets.
Except that's what I was saying before:

Not sure where you think I made a "Conspiracy theory", I made that suggestion because out of those two games nominated, GT has the better chance by default due to Kaz and his position at Sony (while Naughty Dog has nowhere near the clout). Its not conspiracy to suggest that their may be some politicing or "Persuasion" going on. You're really gonna tell me the press of ANY kind isn't swayed by companies?

At most, my latest response was sloppy and not correctly communicated but I've hardly moved anything. I get disagreeing with me but the "Conspiracy" label I keep getting for saying this is hilarious considering I gave two links that demonstrate this elsewhere.

Campaigning is very different to outright bribery, which seemed to be what you were implying earlier?
As stated above, my point wasn't communicated correctly so that's on me (Its one of those few things where I get so passionate, I get abit sloppy) but my main point is that like so many award shows, talent doesn't win these awards so much as money does.
I think you might need to go outside more?
I go outside quite abit actually. How else would I have my hour long walks around my airport and walk my dogs?

What is the point of claiming they just won the awards because of money, when it’s about an absolute hit that got praised by critics and players as well?
Wasn't about the fact that they won. As I've been saying, the point I was making was that like every other Award show, its not the talent that decides who wins but how effective the respective publisher (or company over them) is at spending money to swoon these influencers and Journalists in their favor (which in turn makes Award shows hollow and pointless). Somehow, saying this (Despite posting clear proof) makes me a Conspiracy theorist.
Lol, you state that the game awards are bought and somehow we have to prove things.
And I showed through those links how Companies don't just wait for a bunch of people to vote and hope their product gets nominated and wins to prove my point about Award shows.

Not sure how this is hard to believe.

I don't think anyone's ever claimed the TGAs as the last bastion of integrity, but I'm not seeing how FM winning accessibility (deserved) or sports/racing (weaaaaaak year and rivals; I voted for HWU2T), or BG3 winning overall (against Yet Another Mario Game, Gritty Noir Thing 2, Copy Paste Japanese Adventure, Copy Paste Japanese Adventure, and Yet Another Spiderman Game) is any more of an indication of brown envelopes than gaming "journalism" usually is.

In any case, it's just an advert platform, with occasional trophies and baffled special guests.

Why even is Sports and Racing just one category anyway, when there's like five different esports awards (none of which went to sports)?

And I showed through those links how Companies don't just wait for a bunch of people to vote and hope their product gets nominated and wins to prove my point about Award shows.

Not sure how this is hard to believe.
So that is 'factual evidence' you think?

No silhouttes yet, but there is still time, if we dont get an update next week i think that could mean updates is already slowing down, and gt8 might come sooner than expected, i would not mind it if it actully was ps5 only and sophy was a permant feature for all single player content, including the return of gt league with proper championchips and races with qualifying, i would buy it in a heartbeat,

i have to this year to take a break from gt7 and play some other games,
resident evil 4 remake has been very good, and then we have Alan wake 2 witch is fantastic to proably my game of the year,

Last edited:
No silhouttes yet, but there is still time, if we dont get an update next week i think that could mean updates is already slowing down, and gt8 might come sooner than expected, i would not mind it if it actully was ps5 only and sophy was a permant feature for all single player content, including the return of gt league with proper championchips and races with qualifying, i would buy it in a heartbeat,

i have to this year to take a break from gt7 and play some other games,
resident evil 4 remake has been very good, and then we have Alan wake 2 witch is fantastic to proably my game of the year,
if they need 8 months for making a new circuit...they probably need at least 4 years for a whole game? or am I wrong

if they need 8 months for making a new circuit...they probably need at least 4 years for a whole game? or am I wrong
I'd say you're correct in predicting it will take some time before GT8 is released. But how long it actually takes, no one knows.

For the entire GT franchise, if you only count numbered titles and sport, there are on average a little over 3 years between releases. So maybe 2025 at the earliest?

However, it seems development time has increased greatly since the PS1/PS2 era. So using an average could hardly be seen as an accurate means to judge when we'll see GT8.

It's true, it takes 8 months to make a new circuit, in the same way it takes 8 months to make a Simpsons episode; there are several in production simultaneously. While one track model is being finalised, another is being prototyped, and yet another is being scouted.
How long until the next GT release? Whenever the time is right (plus 18 months :lol:). It could be a 3-year gap like from GT5 to 6, or up to 6 years.
I can't envision GT8 launching in 2024, and it'd be very burdensome to support GT7 on PS4 & 5 into 2027, so probably late 2025/early 2026. Hopefully GT7 doesn't have to have two extremely slow years to save up 91 cars and 4 locations for GT8's launch.

No, I think gt8 would probably be released in early 2026? Or 2027. I noticed a pattern, every 4-6 years PD releases a new GT game. I've kept up with it my whole life since my debut, (gt2 in 2000).

So with the current Ferrari 330 P4 having its price raised to the ostensible limit of 20m credits, it makes me wonder how they'll integrate the other 330 P4 that won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach? That one is meant to be closer to its original form, whereas the one we've had since GT5 was seemingly modified over the years. My bet is that in the next GT title, they'll straight-up replace the current 330 P4 with the one that won the GT Trophy. Otherwise, we may end up with two seemingly identical cars that could cost about the same. Even more similar than the two Renault Clio RS models, or the two GR Supras.

EDIT: Also, what does "Spec II" mean to you all, as a general term in the context of GT updates? Does it mean a more substantial update than usual, a signifier that the game is about halfway through its life, or both? Perhaps neither? Would a GT7 "Spec III" in the distant future be out of the question, or could it happen?

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, what does "Spec II" mean to you all, as a general term in the context of GT updates? Does it mean a more substantial update than usual, a signifier that the game is about halfway through its life, or both? Perhaps neither? Would a GT7 "Spec III" in the distant future be out of the question, or could it happen?
Not at all impossible, but on the unlikely side. Only 5 Prologue has had one so far of the continually updated GTs.

It might depend on playerbase size and Sony first party's situation elsewhere - if the playerbase stays high and Naughty Dog/Santa Monica/Insomniac/Guerrilla/Sucker Punch can get new releases lined up, they might see a longer update cadence for GT7 as beneficial. If the player count drops and/or Sony has an AAA first party game drought coming, they might see moving on to a quicker turnaround of GT8 as the better option.

So with the current Ferrari 330 P4 having its price raised to the ostensible limit of 20m credits, it makes me wonder how they'll integrate the other 330 P4 that won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach? That one is meant to be closer to its original form, whereas the one we've had since GT5 was seemingly modified over the years. My bet is that in the next GT title, they'll straight-up replace the current 330 P4 with the one that won the GT Trophy. Otherwise, we may end up with two seemingly identical cars that could cost about the same. Even more similar than the two Renault Clio RS models, or the two GR Supras.

Isn’t the one with the GT Trophy the P3?

Just took a look and it is the 330 P4 from 1966

EDIT: Upon a little further digging it looks like there are 7 more cars from Pebble Beach that are yet to be in game.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
I really can’t tell the difference between the 330 P4 that we already have, versus the one that’s coming aside from the in-depth history of each chassis.

Last edited:
Just took a look and it is the 330 P4 from 1966

EDIT: Upon a little further digging it looks like there are 7 more cars from Pebble Beach that are yet to be in game.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Yeah you’re right, don’t know why I thought it was the P3 (but actually it would make more sense to add this than another P4😀).

Yeah there’s some missing still, especially the Cunningham, the Alfa 8C and the Autobianchi I would like to see.

Christmas music is live, so RIP December update?
If that's the case then the Nov update, supposed largest update ever isn't looking so large... 3 months worth of updates rolled into one. Not even the standard 3 cars per month, 2.3 cars (7 cars over a 3 months period).
fingers crossed there is still one coming this month

Last edited:
Back