Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,824 comments
no update in december...is somehow predicted ...
I am not suprised 🤣🤣🤣
THEY TEACH US IN LIFE ( BAD START, GOOD ENDING )
PD - ( BAD START, ULTRA BAD FINISH )
but I wish them all the best...they have huge amount of money to spend in december 23 for vacations, gifts, party..etc 😁😁😁😁
Last year, the December update came on 14th. So let's see if we get silhouette next week before complaining.

Last year, the December update came on 14th. So let's see if we get silhouette next week before complaining.
I am complaining 35 years...🤣🤣🤣 u should see me when my child was born hahahaha when world went upside down

Last edited:
I am complaining 35 years...🤣🤣🤣 u should see me when my child was born hahahaha when world went upside down
Have you told any kids to get off your lawn yet?

Your world went upside down? That's when the doctors said "Mr atfmarko will you please stop doing backflips in the delivery room?"

I don't know why exactly they've stopped teasing upcoming content in these live streams. I know there are the VGT reveals coming, but that's not what I mean.

I'm talking about new cars and tracks appearing out of the blue in the round events themselves. Remember back in October 2018 when they teased the 22B for a repechage race in Tsukuba? THIS is what I'm talking about. A lot of similar situations also happened all the way through the events from 2018 to 2019, but since then, they've stopped doing this completely, and that's kinda sad.

For example, the TGR GT Cup final race is happening right now as I write this. Imagine if the drivers were using a Toyota GT-One instead of the GR010, people would go nuts. For sure the GT-One is not a GR Toyota, but the car selection for the cup was never limited to GRs only anyway.

Plus, it was always a very obvious way to increase their viewership, catching the attention of those who don't care about e-sports but still want to know about what's coming for the game in the future to watch the live streams.

View attachment 1308256
Yeah, I remember when the 996 and 993 got revealed out of the blue on Tokyo South. The forums were crazy for a week. It made tuning in more interesting for people who didn’t really follow the esports side.

VICE!!! Good luck Rockstar! Let's go! :cheers:

Gran Turismo® 7_20231205170755.png

Last edited:
Both VGT's are slated for January/2024. I would be very very surprised to see a December update.
I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get one.
Unless they can just flip the switch server side and deploy the snow hub and the Christmas music.
Last year’s December update came on the 15th.
We’re still on track.

Last edited:
EVO IX could definitely be the new LFA in that it's another Premium car just sitting there, waiting seven years to come back; but so is the Autozam AZ-1, and the ASL Garaiya and RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX-7 that have been waiting to spice up Group 4... it's hard to pick.
The RE Amemiya RX-7 also has an issue of whether it would be eligible to represent Mazda in Gr.4 Manufacturers races as it's listed manufacturer is RE Amemiya themselves - unless they pull a similar switcheroo that allows the Nismo 400R to appear in Nissan scapes.

The RE Amemiya RX-7 also has an issue of whether it would be eligible to represent Mazda in Gr.4 Manufacturers races as it's listed manufacturer is RE Amemiya themselves - unless they pull a similar switcheroo that allows the Nismo 400R to appear in Nissan scapes.
The RE Amemiya GT300 RX-7 can go in the Hagerty dealer.

Unless they can just flip the switch server side and deploy the snow hub and the Christmas music.
We’re still on track.
What I would say though is if it's not next week, there won't be one. They're not going to put out an update on the 21st that could then need a hotfix being worked on over the holidays if anything goes wrong.

We’re still on track.
It would be nice. I hope we will get one.

Waiting till the end of January would be hard :D (PD has holiday i doubt we will get an update at the begining of January)

What I would say though is if it's not next week, there won't be one. They're not going to put out an update on the 21st that could then need a hotfix being worked on over the holidays if anything goes wrong.
Do they stop for Christmas in Japan?

(Genuine question I have no idea!)

I'd argue its alot easier for that to happen since NISMO IS part of Nissan (and it likewise wouldn't be too farfetch'd if say, they added the TRD 3000GT and its allowed in Toyota Scapes because again its part of Toyota). RE Amemiya isn't really an official arm of Mazda, its more of a tuning company that specializes in tuning Rotaries.

Last edited:
I don't see why this matters.
It'll just be an RE Amemiya. Who cares what it's eligible to represent?

Mazda won't, it's an old car and they have their new Mazda 3 in Gr.4.

I wouldn't expect it to enter the Manufacturers Cup, just to be an oddball Gr.4 entry like the Bugatti, or especially the DTM Alfa 155.
The RE Amemiya GT300 RX-7 can go in the Hagerty dealer.
Not the one I'm thinking of, it's a 2006 model, straight to Brand Central with its cousin.

Most likely, race cars will go to Hagerty. Something like the Civic TC, an entry level racer, is destined for the UCD. That’s where the Mazda TC should be, yet, it’s in BC.

It’s a tough call. The Alfa, 300 SEL, JGTC Supra & Skyline and SS R31, are all iconic race cars, in their parts of world. I’d prefer them in the UCD(mainly for quicker rotation), but it’s Kaz’ reasons. I guess…

Fair enough, I was wrong (Something the massive GT7 hater from last year would never admit to doing). The power of advertising for season 2 of a TV series I honestly forgot existed far outweighed a racing game and its movie, go figure. Still maintain that like every other award show, its not done by votes but by who pays the biggest amount (As is evidenced by who won the Sports game/Racing category last year AND this year. Gee, I wonder who published those with such deep pockets)

That said, glad you expressed what little joy you actually have in winning something, even though you weren't the one holding a trophy at the end ;)

Last edited:
Still maintain that like every other award show, its not done by votes but by who pays the biggest amount (As is evidenced by who won the Sports game/Racing category last year AND this year. Gee, I wonder who published those with such deep pockets)
Jesus Christ.

Latest Posts

Back