Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,395 comments
I'd like to know what else the console can do. Aside from gaming, I'm sure it will be good for many other amazing things.

Classic GT and a 911 GT1 Strassenversion, I think this has sold me on the PS5.
unknown.png
Finally, the Carrera GT is in Gran Turismo 👍

View attachment 929423

Oh frick, I didn't catch either of those on my first viewing. I was too distracted by Trial Mountain and now what looks like Grand Valley. This is incredible!

Dynamic lighting looks amazing... Kaz mentioning campaign mode that the fans should be happy with. >> I am really excited about this and am crossing my fingers for launch release with the PS5. Hopeful they can bring back some more old school cars too

I feel so rejuvenated after being somewhat frustrated with the lack of content in GT Sport, but understand it is definitely a necessary title in the series... Thanks PD!!!!!

While I'm excited to see the return of the classic tracks, I'm disappointed by the appearance of the tracks, which looked to be the same type of pre-baked static environments that we have in GTS. FH4 has had dynamic rendered environments with blades of grass and branches of trees moving in the wind for nearly 2 years, surely PS5 GT7 isn't going to continue with pre-baked environments?

Alright, I'm going to have to go back and digest the trailer more, but I am still quite happy with what I'm seeing.

It seems they're still using GT Sports game engine, but are developing on it. Which if I'm honest, I'm glad that they're doing that versus trying to create a new game engine again or up the graphics more. I think GTS' visuals were good enough and just needed refining.

The game so far looks like what I basically hope for when Kaz was saying "past, present, and future". A mixture of GT1-6's gameplay style combined with GT Sport's gameplay style. I really can't wait to see what else has changed like the customization, an improved livery editor plus more body kit options like in GT6 would be great.

I mean, one of my favorite bodykits in GT6 was the GTS-R body kit that you could put on a 2002 Viper GTS. Imagine that plus GT Sport's livery editor!

Back