Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,962 comments
  • 7,934,859 views
Yes, one is the number of confirmed VGTs coming soon, and the number of Opel cars in the game shall be one.
Two VGTs there may possibly be, in the unconfirmed event of an identical Vauxhall Corsa GTE VGT on the same day.
Three cars total there will likely be in the update, as is usual, but not three VGTs.
Four cars total in the month is equally possible, but not four Opel/Vauxhall VGT variants unless something goes horribly wrong.
Five is right out.
Thank you Brother Maynard...
tumblr_o51bfaAfY81vov2bmo4_500.gif
 
Last edited:
Yes, one is the number of confirmed VGTs coming soon, and the number of Opel cars in the game shall be one.
Two VGTs there may possibly be, in the unconfirmed event of an identical Vauxhall Corsa GTE VGT on the same day.
Three cars total there will likely be in the update, as is usual, but not three VGTs.
Four cars total in the month is equally possible, but not four Opel/Vauxhall VGT variants unless something goes horribly wrong.
Five is right out.
Grenade GIF
 
It was only when I was at the mist of filling out the collection book, I realized that the Subaru VIZIV GT VGT has a semi-complete interior. Unlike the AMG VGT back in GT Sport before its update in 7, there's quite a good amount of detail and a lot of chances to see it clearly for something that can't be viewed normally.
Ahrweiler_.webp

Gran Turismo® 7_20250910172718.webp

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow__6.webp

Even the driver model seems to have a seatbelt and the hands on the steering wheel! Although it can only steer up to 12 degrees in scapes. Really weird overall but I doubt it would be updated unlike the aformentioned AMG VGT.
 
It may be out of context, but it makes me laugh that someone on YouTube still believes in the assumption that "racing video games release = GT big updates", as if PD could be bothered to look at every single racing game :D

Anyway, I wouldn't expect anything too crazy in the next update.

I'd wait to see if they show anything in the GTWS, but I wouldn't expect anything special (keep your expectations low, trust me).
 
oh I trust you, it's been years of updates now, but some people seem to breathe too much hopium ☺️
Trust me, for me it's even worse. I have a madman who takes what I said in the past as assumptions that soon turned out to be wrong, because a theory isn't always correct, and he treats them as if they were still true.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but coming back to the updates, lately some additions are making me play GT7 more, such as the Avantime and the R34 Nismo.

I'm also curious to try the Opel VGT, hoping it has good grip, as well as the other obvious 3/4 cars that might arrive.
 
It was only when I was at the mist of filling out the collection book, I realized that the Subaru VIZIV GT VGT has a semi-complete interior. Unlike the AMG VGT back in GT Sport before its update in 7, there's quite a good amount of detail and a lot of chances to see it clearly for something that can't be viewed normally.
View attachment 1478234
View attachment 1478235
View attachment 1478239
Even the driver model seems to have a seatbelt and the hands on the steering wheel! Although it can only steer up to 12 degrees in scapes. Really weird overall but I doubt it would be updated unlike the aformentioned AMG VGT.
Wasn't it like that dating from GT6?
 
Wasn't it like that dating from GT6?
I know that both models have debuted in GT6, along with a part of their interior being shown on the VGT menu of the game. But I haven't played that title, so I don't know exactly (in my view at least) if there is an "outline" model of an interior, or a void in GT6.

for a tid-bit, this was the interior of the AMG VGT back in GT Sport:
1757522502785.webp
 
So I know we already have a thread for car/track wishlists, but I wonder if we should also include ideas for other things in that same thread - or maybe even make an additional thread? I'm referring to literally everything else that isn't a car or track - the soundtrack, wheel selection, UI/UX, ideas for future online championships, features, and so on.

For example, I would be very excited to see more mission sets, as we've only had one added post-launch. Could the lack of more mission sets have something to do with a trophy associated with completing all missions, or something?
 
Last edited:
So I know we already have a thread for car/track wishlists, but I wonder if we should also include ideas for other things in that same thread - or maybe even make an additional thread? I'm referring to literally everything else that isn't a car or track - the soundtrack, wheel selection, UI/UX, ideas for future online championships, features, and so on.

For example, I would be very excited to see more mission sets, as we've only had one added post-launch. Could the lack of more mission sets have something to do with a trophy associated with completing all missions, or something?
There’s the suggestions thread? Plus, I believe a fair few members have made UI threads.
 
Bold claim there.
 
There will be no more updates. 1.62 was the last one, for the year 2025.
Sooo... the Opel Corsa GSE Vision Gran Turismo that's coming in autumn is already in the game somewhere?

Or do you think it's going to be added by telekinesis or something?
 
PD should do this for offline players as well.

I always felt the Sport Mode races should be available to Single players. Especially now since PD been doing the Weekly Challenges. It’d be an opportunity to let Single players have a chance to experience Sport Mode instead of spending real money for PS+.
 
PD should do this for offline players as well.

I always felt the Sport Mode races should be available to Single players. Especially now since PD been doing the Weekly Challenges. It’d be an opportunity to let Single players have a chance to experience Sport Mode instead of spending real money for PS+.
The time trial is available to single-player players.
 
I always felt the Sport Mode races should be available to Single players. Especially now since PD been doing the Weekly Challenges. It’d be an opportunity to let Single players have a chance to experience Sport Mode instead of spending real money for PS+.
You mean that we should have access to sport mode races without PS+? I don't think PD could do that on their own and I don't think Sony would allow it.
 
Back