Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,962 comments
  • 7,934,859 views
I think that's just a photoshop for the motorshow rather than anything to get excited about.

PS5 plates have colour on the inside too, the other side wouldn't be white if it was a real thing.

It's also incredibly ugly. So, there was very little excitement to begin with. 🤷‍♂️
 
I think gt7 has be one more and more sterile i am already ready to see whats next for the franshise, the updates does basicly nothing for me at this point,

Feel the same way about fh5, i have had very fun with Carx street, and Will give Tokyo extreme racer a go soon to
 
Fun fact! A fully-tuned Renault Avantime on Sport Soft tires can reach 600 PP, and I didn't even swap the engine nor install a widebody! Could be a very interesting pick for something like the WTC 600. I bet if I were to buy another one and actually swap the engine, it very well may be able to reach 700 PP, and thus be a splendid pick for the Race of Turbo Sports Cars.
 
Seriously PD??? After waiting 3 years for the invite, I just received a second one 10 days later! Game design at it's finest.
Today I received the Citroen invite for a third time in 25 days!
 
The Opel/Vauxhall Calibra touring car was one of my favorites in GT3&GT4. While I had to grind the European championship to gain money to buy it from savegame [GT3] while in GT4 I used either the Tsukuba wet race medium difficulty or rally Capri easy to grind. It's the 7th most expensive car in GT3 and one of the funniest challenges to get early in GT4. I had to do trial&error on Infineon racetrack 10-15 times to win it the first time. Perhaps I even went to GTplanet to read&learn what other players did to win the speedster trophy with a ... speedster..!!
It will only take few hours/days until someone makes a Calibra touring car outta the Corsa VGT after it launches on GT7.

A while ago I suggest to Kaz on X that PD & Opel should make a car based on inspirations from this one, IIRC: https://www.tuvie.com/opel-gran-turismo-concept-proposal-by-juman-son/
The 3 VGT cars we're getting might look a bit less spectacular than the sketch car on Tuvie.
 
The 3 VGT cars we're getting
Tom Cruise What GIF
 
I‘m a bit out of the loop regarding Opel; so is GSE the successor of the OPC label or something new entirely?
I assume GSE is the successor of GSi (Grand Sport injector) models, a label for "sporty" Opels before OPC. And instead of "i" for injector it's "E" for Electric. It is just an assumption though, but seems to make sense.
 
I assume GSE is the successor of GSi (Grand Sport injector) models, a label for "sporty" Opels before OPC. And instead of "i" for injector it's "E" for Electric. It is just an assumption though, but seems to make sense.
I see, that sounds very plausible!
 
I assume GSE is the successor of GSi (Grand Sport injector) models, a label for "sporty" Opels before OPC. And instead of "i" for injector it's "E" for Electric. It is just an assumption though, but seems to make sense.
Fun fact, in German injection is "Einspritz" iirc. My vote also goes for "Electric", I've checked Opel website and the GSe models offered were hybrids or electric.
Maybe, in the futuro, they'll use the GT/E badges too
 
Last edited:
There's luckily only one Opel VGT but there's the shape of the Corsa E-rally, which the VGT could easily be modified to a look like a rally car, at least it seemed so after a google images search.
 
There's luckily only one Opel VGT but there's the shape of the Corsa E-rally, which the VGT could easily be modified to a look like a rally car, at least it seemed so after a google images search.
Buuuuut... why do you say we're getting them?
 
Maybe this is why...
We're well aware of the Opel Corsa GSE Vision GT itself. We've been covering it longer than PD, which only first acknowledged it yesterday:



The question is why @equalitus is saying that we're getting three cars.
 
We're well aware of the Opel Corsa GSE Vision GT itself. We've been covering it longer than PD, which only first acknowledged it yesterday:



The question is why @equalitus is saying that we're getting three cars.
3 different articles = 3 different cars 🤣
 
We're well aware of the Opel Corsa GSE Vision GT itself. We've been covering it longer than PD, which only first acknowledged it yesterday:



The question is why @equalitus is saying that we're getting three cars.
Three? I knew of only the one...my bad for not understanding...
 
Last edited:
Three? I knew of only the one...my bad for not understanding...
Yes, one is the number of confirmed VGTs coming soon, and the number of Opel cars in the game shall be one.
Two VGTs there may possibly be, in the unconfirmed event of an identical Vauxhall Corsa GTE VGT on the same day.
Three cars total there will likely be in the update, as is usual, but not three VGTs.
Four cars total in the month is equally possible, but not four Opel/Vauxhall VGT variants unless something goes horribly wrong.
Five is right out.
 
Back