Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,396 comments
Looks promising. Too bad we did not get an actual GT game this generation, and I say that as someone who enjoyed Sport, even with all its flaws.

I'm so happy we finally have an actual career mode now. Don't give a single 🤬 about FIA stuff and e-sports, give me a great single-player experience instead!

It's unbelievable how much Kaz and PD achieved. The amount of technical witchcraft is outstanding. Just look at this reflections! I can't even image what's going on under the hood to make this happen. This is true next-gen and the best gift GT fan could get. This is Gran Turismo I've dreamed about.
And PS5 looks absolutely stunning.

The track map for Trial Mountain does not quite match the original one. It's upside down in the GT7 footage, but the front stretch looks completely different and both straights appear to be much longer. The final chicane is now a 90 degree affair instead of the kink in the original.

latest

So GT7 basically is GT Sport with Ray-tracing only in the showrooms?

Gameplay graphics look identical to GT Sport, hope this is designed to run in "240fps" using GT Sport.

As expected, Sony does not take risk anymore with release dates and Gran Turismo! It was nearly the only game for which no year was even mentionned.

I beg they take a year or abit longer to make it look next-gen, release it in mid 2021 because Gameplay looks exactly like GT Sport, showrooms looked amazing like next-gen with Ray-tracing.

So GT7 basically is GT Sport with Ray-tracing only in the showrooms?

Gameplay graphics look identical to GT Sport, hope this is designed to run in "240fps" using GT Sport.
The game is obviously based on GTSport engine. Which isn't really a bad thing because Sport is a pretty damn good looking game. Still, I'm a bit underwhelmed mostly because my expectations was too high. Lol

Are the red lights at GT World the race tracks locations? If so, I see Interlagos, and several in Europe. Perhaps someone can give a light at what are those lights in Europe?

Back