Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,465 comments
Feel like that technically falls under Online since you require that to even be able to upload them and the ESRB can't exactly rate that. Not sure if its the same with the PEGI system in Europe or CERO in Japan.

Last edited:
I don't believe it. This isn't even mentioned on the GT site itself so I find it hard to believe that the entirety of GT7 is gonna be online only. Has to be a goof up considering Online hasn't even been shown (Something that by now, everyone should know ALWAYS requires PS Plus).
If you check the trailer, there is a little sticker on the box at the end that states this

Feel like that technically falls under Online since you require that to even be able to upload them and the ESRB can't exactly rate that. Not sure if its the same with the PEGI system in Europe or CERO in Japan.
Yeah, I don't know how the licencing works. I doubt it would have to do with classic track options. That could have deleted signs or replaced with GT7 specific ones.
I think the Marlboro liveries from the Lancer were blanked and the JPS on the Lotus had alt liveries. Unless, they've been allowed to use authentic MP4/4 Marlboro, Jag Silk Cut, etc liveries. Highly doubt it, but just "thinking out loud".

Yeah, I don't know how the licencing works. I doubt it would have to do with classic track options. That could have deleted signs or replaced with GT7 specific ones.
I think the Marlboro liveries from the Lancer were blanked and the JPS on the Lotus had alt liveries. Unless, they've been allowed to use authentic MP4/4 Marlboro, Jag Silk Cut, etc liveries. Highly doubt it, but just "thinking out loud".
There might be the possibility that much like GT Sport's original intro, it might have one that contains scenes where the full alcohol or tobacco liveries are present.

Beginning right here, you have:

• HB International on the Audi Quattro
  • Mampe Lufthansa Cocktail on the Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC AMG
  • Martini & Rossi on the Porsche 935
  • L&M on the Porsche 917/10k
  • Rothmans on the 962C (Front and center)
  • Martini & Rossi on the Porsche 936
If you check the trailer, there is a little sticker on the box at the end that states this
Hmmm, didn't see that before. However, the box also has "Art Not final" (Which is the first time I've seen that in a trailer of all things) as well as a "Rating Pending" label. (which is odd considering the site very confidently has the E rating). Lots of question as usual, typical PD.

Last edited:
Trust you? Okay. Sure. Can you tell us more about this only-online thing as well please, Mr. Polyphony Insider?
Haha. If you remember how it was in previous times with PD, that You will notice, that a lot is changing from early work to end work. And I think this time is no difference.

There might be the possibility that much like GT Sport's original intro, it might have one that contains scenes where the full alcohol or tobacco liveries.

Beginning right here, you have:

• HB International on the Audi Quattro
  • Mampe Lufthansa Cocktail on the Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC AMG
  • Martini & Rossi on the Porsche 935
  • L&M on the Porsche 917/10k
  • Rothmans on the 962C (Front and center)
  • Martini & Rossi on the Porsche 936

Hmmm, didn't see that before. However, the box also has "Art Not final" (Which is the first time I've seen that in a trailer of all things) as well as a "Rating Pending" label. (which is odd considering the site very confidently has the E rating). Lots of question as usual, typical PD.

I wish we get all these cars and historical circuits in GT7. :drool:

Haha. If you remember how it was in previous times with PD, that You will notice, that a lot is changing from early work to end work. And I think this time is no difference.
So that's actually 'It may' as in a subjective opinion, rather than your original 'It will' which was presented as an objective fact.

We have no reason to 'trust' your subjective opinion at this time over anyone else's.

So that's actually 'It may' as in a subjective opinion, rather than your original 'It will' which was presented as an objective fact.

We have no reason to 'trust' your subjective opinion at this time over anyone else's.
Dont trust me. That was my opinion. Im speaking from my experiance and heart.

It's not so much about looking pretty (which I honestly think it also isn't), but about usability. It looks very awkward to navigate through, and it's not very clear what's what.
The trailer 1 map looked way easier to get around.
I can say the same for usability. The GT4 style world map is very cumbersome to access with its widespread icons.

But for you claiming GT's UI making it stand out, you're ok for the map menu in the previous games before GT4? Like they're not widespread but aren't the icons still spread all over?
I can't mention GT1 and GT2 because GT3 is the first GT title, but it was GT4 and GT6 that the main menu did not fit on one screen between GT3 and GTsport. I didn't like the GT6 main menu either.

I can't mention GT1 and GT2 because GT3 is the first GT title, but it was GT4 and GT6 that the main menu did not fit on one screen between GT3 and GTsport. I didn't like the GT6 main menu either.
Your evaluation of GT3 then (map in 1 screen but scattered icons). Pretty much menu wise GT1 and GT2 were almost the same as GT3's for the most part.

I didn't thought GT6 would get this criticism too, I thought GT6's expanded menu is only horizontal, not in any direction like GT4's.

I don't believe it. This isn't even mentioned on the GT site itself so I find it hard to believe that the entirety of GT7 is gonna be online only. Has to be a goof up considering Online hasn't even been shown (Something that by now, everyone should know ALWAYS requires PS Plus).
Check the official blog post and you will see an asterisk on: Campaign Mode, Livery Editor, Scapes, GT Café, GT Auto; meaning it requires an internet connection.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/gran-turismo-7-arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-march-4/

Your evaluation of GT3 then (map in 1 screen but scattered icons). Pretty much menu wise GT1 and GT2 were almost the same as GT3's for the most part.

I didn't thought GT6 would get this criticism too, I thought GT6's expanded menu is only horizontal, not in any direction like GT4's.
The point for me is whether the main menu fits on one screen. It's very annoying to have to move the cursor to each off-screen icon to see what's there and remember the icon's position.

The box art in the trailer does say "Internet connection required for most functionality" though...

EDIT so that I don't have to double post:

View attachment 1079965

Gonna guess this has to do with scapes, otherwise I spot no tobacco or alcohol liveries on the cars seen.
From ESRB themselves:
ESRB
This is a racing simulation game in which players can drive a variety of cars around realistic tracks from around the world. Historical photos occasionally depict authors or innovators holding cigarettes; in some sequences, players can zoom in on real-world locations and view people smoking or drinking beer.
So it is related to scapes and museum. (Also, NASCAR 21 uses "Alcohol Reference" in reference to on-track/car alcohol sponsors, although that might be age-gated again like in the NASCAR Heat games, for reference)

Last edited:
They say it will come with 420 Cars BUT what i don't understand is there is still 6 months until the release, are they not ''make'' more cars in those 6 months...Strange.

They say it will come with 420 Cars BUT what i don't understand is there is still 6 months until the release, are they not ''make'' more cars in those 6 months...Strange.
They probably have planned to get 420 cars in the game, that doesn't mean they're all done with them. A lot of people here don't seem to realize that the game is still a work in progress, it's still 6 months away from launch. Things are bound to change a little, be it the menu's, the graphics or the car/track count. Just be patient and don't write this game down because the graphics in the trailer look like GTS. It's probably very early gameplay and when a game looks like GTS 6 months, or even a year and a half if you count the first trailer, it's a really pretty game.

Like a lot of game companies, I bet they have a lot of stuff thought out in advance. Stuff like DLC cars and tracks and additional content. They don't add those things on the fly, they probably already know what they want to add in the first months, if not year. Just be patient and remember it's still a long time until launch, a lot can change.

To be specific they said "over 420 cars", not specificed by how much.

Maybe only 390 cars are done as we speak. Maybe 420 cars are already done, but the remaining will be saved for ongoing DLC. They will need to save up a buffer if they plan to add new batches of cars on a monthly basis like GTS did, but the post-release strategy is currently unknown.
To be specific they said "over 420 cars", not specificed by how much.
Not that it makes a huge difference to 420 cars. No reason to set oneself up for disappointment because there likely won’t be more than 429 cars at launch, and that is we’re lucky.

Maybe only 390 cars are done as we speak. Maybe 420 cars are already done, but the remaining will be saved for ongoing DLC. They will need to save up a buffer if they plan to add new batches of cars on a monthly basis like GTS did, but the post-release strategy is currently unknown.

Not that it makes a huge difference to 420 cars. No reason to set oneself up for disappointment because there likely won’t be more than 429 cars at launch, and that is we’re lucky.
Not saying one won't be disappointed by either 420 or 'over 420'. Though just to recount, so far for the previous ones...
  • GT1 = "Feel the power of 140 authentic sports cars!" = exactly 140
  • GT2's "over 500" = 650
  • GT3's "over 200" = 181... the one that is wrong
  • GT4's "over 700" = 722
  • GTPSP's "over 800" = 833
  • GT5's "over 1000" = 1075
  • GT6's "over 1200" = 1241
  • GT7's "over 150" = 168 (launch)

Latest Posts

Back